Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 9th June 2009, 21:56   #31
BHPian

@ManMachine: Congratulations on your Linea, wish you many more miles of safe and trouble free motoring. Pics are eagerly awaited.

The Linea is indeed a looker and you must be enjoying all the admiration you are getting!
Volt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 22:49   #32
BHPian

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Hi ManMachine

i agree with you Linea is one of the best looking car on the indian road right now.

Honda and FIAT are the two great car companies in the world.
i own both ANHC and Palio.

Congratulations on your linea, have fun with your car, drive safe
Yes StarVegabond this is 100 % true these are the best cars in this segment

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Congratulations bro, the Linea is the best looking car available in its segment. Wish you a fantastic driving experience.
p.s where are the pics
Hey thank you sammyboy i am having fantastic driving experience so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisha8 View Post
Welcom to Team BHP 'ManMachine'. So you've have fallen in love with Linea, was it love at first sight. Do you still have your Honda? Yes, without doubt Linea/Honda are the best on our roads now. A member of Auto car India Forum has started a 'Fiat Linea Owners' blog and below is his mail. Requesting all Linea owners to be a part of this blog to share our views and problems. Hope to see you all there. I am attaching his mail below and the link too...
Enjoy your drive and be safe, my friend.
Jaisha8 i am already a member in that forum. i sold of my NHC for 3.5L which clocked 86000 Kms. And i had fun with her too

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
@manmachine, Welcome to the TBHP Linea club!

Linea is THE most drop dead gorgeous car and I can't stop ogling at her.
Have fun with your Linea. And the first champagne Linea pics are awaited.

I also dreamt of owning a Honda City ... alas it was too expensive and felt like a rip-off. In this recession who has those kind of bucks to go for ANHC
I would still have gone for ANHC had the difference between Linea E+ and ANHC-S was 50k.

The Japanese petrol engines are a class above in refinement and mileage. I had a corolla (back when I was in US) and still managed to sell it off for the same price i bought after a year!
Yes Neatraveller Honda cars are more refined since they are petrol and i own Diesel so i can hear the music of motor when i rip her

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
omg a honda fanboy converting to fiat linea. are those tears in my eyes... yes lolz.

congratulations! thank god at least some one got out from "honda is a honda" spell hehe.

its good that you kept your mind open. and bought whatever your heart said. you will be more satisfied with your decision i can bet on it.

congratulations buddy!! you deserve the admiration!!
Yes Caramelo it was really hard for me to get Honda of my mind but i am not disappointed either. If it was some other car i would have
ManMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 23:42   #33
BHPian

Congratulations ManMachine ! I am happy to see that we have a brand new Linea Color on Team BHP . Really excited to see your beauties pictures. Unravel her soon mate .

Cheers!
FastLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2009, 08:04   #34
BHPian

Congrats ManMachine, Linea is certainly a hot sedan and you have picked a rare colour.

Off-Topic
Lets plan a Linea Bangalore owners meet ? Interested, anyone ?
luky_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2009, 10:51   #35
BHPian

Smile

Finally I took Some pictures for you all to enjoy the Italian beauty
Attached Images

Old 10th June 2009, 11:01   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManMachine View Post
Finally I took Some pictures for you all to enjoy the Italian beauty
Welcome to the club mate. Enjoy the car. Looks sexy.

Did you get the OE seat covers?

Do come for the Chennai Linea meet on ECR.

Gears,
Red-One.
RedOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2009, 11:06   #37
BHPian

Nope I did not get the OE Seat Covers, the cost was Rs.3500. But i know a good place in GP Road. I will try to make it to the Bash.
Old 10th June 2009, 11:29   #38
Senior - BHPian

Nice color, in fact all colors look good on Linea!

Seat covers looks great & gels well with the interiors!
finneyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2009, 11:32   #39
Senior - BHPian

car REALLY looks cool in this color.
Again seat is like OEM.Fit and Finish is top notch.
is it possible to change the Front and rear handrest and door trims with the same PU leathers?Color is nice.What is the color?
Please enquire the place where you put your Seat Covers.
aks_karthik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2009, 11:46   #40
BHPian

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
car REALLY looks cool in this color.
Again seat is like OEM.Fit and Finish is top notch.
is it possible to change the Front and rear handrest and door trims with the same PU leathers?Color is nice.What is the color?
Please enquire the place where you put your Seat Covers.
The name of the place in GP Road is Variety Car Accessories. They have got all the goodies for the car. The person's name is SONU and his number is
9884025238. But i dont think there is addon for the handrest and door trims. But i know some other place where they make them. If you guys want let me know.
Old 10th June 2009, 11:54   #41
BHPian

Thumbs up

Hey MM Congrats!!
Quote:
I took delivery on April 20
Same pinch . BTW mine is Emotion Pk (Petrol).
sharath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2009, 13:36   #42
BHPian

Does emotion comes with Alloys....I was under impression that Alloys are available only on Emotion pack. What makes Emotion Pack costlier by 34K(in comparison to Emotion). Is it really worth to go for Emotion Pack
vinay.pillai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2009, 13:37   #43
Senior - BHPian

Congrats, nice colour choice
Latheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2009, 13:48   #44
BHPian

Smile

Is it for us?
FIAT buyers are sensible people who rate value for money highly. They're also, increasingly, often professionals who like the brand's 'underground' image and lack of pretension. The previous FIAT was hugely respected and often brought by people also considering other brands as well. There's a certain 'cool' to be seen in a FIAT, particularly as the only people who'll sneer and laugh at you will be nincompoops.

What does it do well?
It's a base incorporating plenty of technology, but key is the independent wheel,helical spring and torsion beam rear suspension. This allows far finer tuning, and also secures the wheels more accurately under all conditions - both aiding handling, which is safe, secure and vice less. It feels more stable, like a much bigger car, and ride quality is superb, seeming to become more impressive as road conditions worsen. Steering is lighter when parking and more accurate at speed, while the MJD is punchy and less intrusive than before. It's torquey too, making for relaxing 'go' at most revs. Drivers of the old car will be pleased by the better gear change, lower-set seats which are firmer and more supportive.

What doesn't it do well?
The MJD engine also sounds familiar, for while it's significantly quieter than the old Diesel engines, some rivals are more refined still. It's a rather clattery noise(Well i like the noise), lacking the silkiness of the best. Headroom is fine but not the best. Driver seat going down on its own but can compromise. After Sales service is much hyped problem but cant give a positive either.

What's it like to live with?
The interior of the new Linea is a real class act, probably better-built than competitors. Coupled with a pleasing, grown-up and elegant design, it's a big step forward which is extremely pleasing. What's more, it's usable too; all the (many) cubby holes are useful, the stubby gear lever and thick steering wheel feel good, the climate control systems are intuitive. This car's MJD engine is extremely efficient (around 18Kms/l),Naturally, it's on the ball for safety, with ABS and Airbag on the top model. And service intervals are amazing, judged by the car's computer and likely to mean stretched services for gentle drivers. More savings, on top of those residuals which is healthy.

Would We buy it?
The Linea is a very sensible car which should sell as well as FIAT predicts. It takes all the best of chassis, engines, general refinement - and adds lots of features, even better quality and ride comfort. For less money.As a rational purchase it makes so much sense,I am sure some would choose it over other C and C+ Segments as well. The gripes we have, which include too-familiar After sales service which is negatively hyped are not that worrisome given the above bonuses. Go buy it, bank the cash, save and be very happy.

And Now i am proud to own FIAT LINEA EMOTION MJD
Old 10th June 2009, 14:06   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay.pillai View Post
Does emotion comes with Alloys....I was under impression that Alloys are available only on Emotion pack. What makes Emotion Pack costlier by 34K(in comparison to Emotion). Is it really worth to go for Emotion Pack
Only E PAck has :
1. Blue & Me
2. Sun Blind at the rear
3. Rear AC
4. Sunglass holder

Not sure but i think ACC , AirBags and ABS are also missing in emotion.
FastLove is offline   Reply With Quote