Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 2nd September 2009, 14:05   #121
BHPian

Thats a bad hit. But why insurance amount is limited to 16K?
vinay.pillai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 14:11   #122
Senior - BHPian

Manmachine, Tafe is a blacklisted dealer, goto the other Fiat-Tata dealers like Concorde etc.
finneyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 14:11   #123
BHPian

Please check the link below @ rajeshvin

Bluetooth Hands Free Car Kits - Parrot USA
ManMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 14:14   #124
BHPian

Oh Thanks @ finneyp. But what i heard was that FIAT is shifting its storage plant to some other place. Let me check with other dealers also.
Old 2nd September 2009, 16:43   #125
Senior - BHPian

Manmachine,

Just check with VST.
I am going there on coming saturday.
If you find time that day,why don't you come with me to VST,Anna Salai by 10 AM.
We will talk with works manager there and get their quote and finalize and act upon.
what you tell?
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2011, 12:26   #126
BHPian

Smile Completed 44,000 kms on My Fiat linea MJD

Hey Guys Good Day Motoring,

i have successfully completed 44,000 kms on my Linea MJD. Yesterday i have changed my stock tires after 44k kms.

Stock : 195/60 R15 Goodyear GT3
New : 205/60 r15 Goodyear Assurance.(Highly underrated tire)
GC : RR increased by 6mm.

The performance of the car is on par with the first day drive i had.Touch wood.The humming of turbo, still i drool for.Mileage i am getting with city and highway is around 16 kms(that was with stock tires) now that i have upgraded the profile i have to check again. So far no extra penny spent except the much needed brake shoe change needed every 20K kms, but i am not going to take the risk, i am gonna change every 15K service interval. My car getting ready for the next service at 45 K, have to check how are the parts have worn.

Suspension is a smooth as ever.Occasionally i hear a hissing noise from Anti Roll bar but i have already booked for change @ 38K Kms but i have not gone there.Ride quality has improved after i've changed to Good Year Assurance. The cornering and braking have improved, but i think the FE will get a marginal hit.The road noise has reduced considerably. The ride quality may be better in Michelin or cpc2 but i have not experienced it. Handling has improved a lot and also cornering is much better.

Why i chose this profile was balance between MJD and T-Jet. Cos both of them get different profiles so i chose 205/60 R15. Cos when comparing MJD and T-JET..the MJD feels more planted than T-JET(No offence to T-JET Owners...its awesome car people know it)B'cos the Centre Of Gravity of MJD is lower than T-JET that makes MJD Planted and nothing more. So i wanted to increase CG slightly higher but not as high as T-JET. And my under belly has scraped numerous occasions and when i checked it during Tire change, there were no alarming damages apart from minor scraps, so nothing to worry about.

Points to ponder after 44,000 kms.

1.Stock tire has to be changed.
2.Suspension is awesome.
3.Brakes are good.(have to change every 20,000 kms) linea owners beware or your brake disk will get a hit.
4.Engine noise is as smooth as ever.(No additional noise)
5.Time to change the anti roll bar under warranty.
6. No rattling noise so far.

After Profile change 205/60 R15.Only Good year Assurance was available.

1.Handling and cornering improved.
2.Ride quality has improved.
3.Road noise has reduced considerably.
4.FE will get marginal hit(Have to check)

So Linea owners apart from T-JET if you want to slightly improve your GC by RR 6mm, you can go far 205/60 R15. Here in chennai,only Good Year Assurance is available on that profile.Surprisingly the Tire performance is good considering the Indian conditions.