Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2012, 21:02   #1516
BHPian
 
vigneshA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 198
Thanked: 34 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjiyap1 View Post
just a note.
Planning to add some (@extra cost - obvious !)
- 3M Sunfilm
- Under body Anti rust coating
- Tyres - depends on the lot. So, need to wait & watch.

..
Me too looking for sunfilm, seatcover.
Sunfilm for windows and quarter panels costed me 6900 (3m RE50)
And they say it may cost almost the same for windshield alone.

Somebody pls tell me if sunfilm on windshield adds more to the dashboard reflection and does it make a differnece to A/C. with Chennai already on hovering near summer peak, i feel the A/C is ineffective at position 1.
vigneshA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2012, 22:05   #1517
Senior - BHPian
 
itwasntme's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 2,273
Thanked: 1,337 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhatmilan View Post
Has the booking for Honda Jazz started in Bangalore?

Any update from other citities?
Magnum Honda says booking has started with Rs.10,000 and with a committed 5 month waiting period. Pushing the Select and the X. Also claims there are no Jazz demo vehicles in South India

Is that a fact???
itwasntme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2012, 22:39   #1518
BHPian
 
xstream_nos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: bangalore
Posts: 78
Thanked: 7 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Magnum Honda says booking has started with Rs.10,000 and with a committed 5 month waiting period. Pushing the Select and the X. Also claims there are no Jazz demo vehicles in South India

Is that a fact???
there is a Demo vehicle with Dakshin Honda, the old Jazz X, but havent seen any new 2012 jazz demo cars with any dealerships in bangalore
xstream_nos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2012, 08:45   #1519
BHPian
 
harryskt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 63
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstream_nos

there is a Demo vehicle with Dakshin Honda, the old Jazz X, but havent seen any new 2012 jazz demo cars with any dealerships in bangalore
I have booked my Honda Jazz with Dakshin Honda this week. Expected delivery early June. I chose them because Whitefield and Magnum had 4 months + waiting period. Dakshin has a 2010 black Jazz for TD which I tried. It's old but you will get an idea of how the car drives.
And yes, in BLR, no dealer had a 2012 Jazz for TD.

Also neither of three dealers are giving any cash discount inspite of me doing a full payment (without loan). I just managed to get some accessories worth 5k FOC. Has anyone here, in BLR managed to get more discounts?

@itwasntme - checkout Dakshin Honda. You will also get your car sooner.
harryskt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2012, 11:20   #1520
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Pune / Mumbai
Posts: 112
Thanked: 14 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshA View Post
Me too looking for sunfilm, seatcover.
Sunfilm for windows and quarter panels costed me 6900 (3m RE50)
And they say it may cost almost the same for windshield alone.

Somebody pls tell me if sunfilm on windshield adds more to the dashboard reflection and does it make a differnece to A/C. with Chennai already on hovering near summer peak, i feel the A/C is ineffective at position 1.
Filming is going to help you big time, given the size of glass on the Jazz.
The guy who put the film on my car told me that the 42" long front windshield is the biggest he's ever seen on any hatch / most of the sedans.
freak1201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2012, 11:38   #1521
BHPian
 
xstream_nos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: bangalore
Posts: 78
Thanked: 7 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryskt View Post
I have booked my Honda Jazz with Dakshin Honda this week. Expected delivery early June. I chose them because Whitefield and Magnum had 4 months + waiting period. Dakshin has a 2010 black Jazz for TD which I tried. It's old but you will get an idea of how the car drives.
And yes, in BLR, no dealer had a 2012 Jazz for TD.

Also neither of three dealers are giving any cash discount inspite of me doing a full payment (without loan). I just managed to get some accessories worth 5k FOC. Has anyone here, in BLR managed to get more discounts?

@itwasntme - checkout Dakshin Honda. You will also get your car sooner.
I too booked mine from dakshin honda back in Aug 2010, still haven't received the car. like you I too was told lesser delivery period than Whitefield and magnum honda, be careful with them. ask for a written proof on your delivery date.

Also which varient and what accessories did you get from them for free ? did you book yours at the lavelle road one?
xstream_nos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2012, 11:39   #1522
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,007
Thanked: 229 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Filming will help, sure. But the AC is more than enough for the task of India summer even without it. You will need to set the blower on 2 or 3 though.
sandeep108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2012, 15:43   #1523
BHPian
 
harryskt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 63
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstream_nos

I too booked mine from dakshin honda back in Aug 2010, still haven't received the car. like you I too was told lesser delivery period than Whitefield and magnum honda, be careful with them. ask for a written proof on your delivery date.

Also which varient and what accessories did you get from them for free ? did you book yours at the lavelle road one?
Hi- I have replied to you on pm.
harryskt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2012, 18:42   #1524
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 127
Thanked: 26 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Do you guys have any info on side strips available for the Jazz? Any brand/make. I just added 3d mats to the jazz and it fits well and looks great

Any seat cover options in Mumbai? Most of the stores I checked out will only do stuff on order for Jazz including seat covers.
maverhick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2012, 19:32   #1525
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,007
Thanked: 229 Times
Default

The only dealer will have side moulding strips. They will also do them with body matching paint. I think the cost is about 7k.
sandeep108 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2012, 13:55   #1526
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 1
Thanked: 0 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

I booked a Jazz Select in September 2011 from Dakshin Honda - Bangalore. At the time, the ex showroom price was 5.89. The dealer now says the price has jumped up by 50K on account of the increase in excise duties.

This is significantly higher than the 15K indicated on this link
http://net4surf.com/tag/honda-jazz-price-in-india-2012/

Can someone confirm the price difference that one should expect to pay - post budget.

I would also appreciate a pointer on accessories worth evaluating and things to check before taking delivery

regards
Sriram Iyer
sriram iyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2012, 14:17   #1527
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 20
Thanked: 7 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjiyap1 View Post
Is the 'Reverse parking sensor' help in indian parking conditions ?. IMHO - Do not think so. Even in a cramped place - am sure you have to ignore the beeps (considering it is configured for safe distance) and park based on your own judgement !. Am i missing something ?
I found the reverse parking sensor as a non-essential accessory for the Jazz. With the great all round visibility of this car, have never felt the need of one - even in cramped spaces. Adding it will definitely help but you'd rather spend on some other accessory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryskt View Post
Also neither of three dealers are giving any cash discount inspite of me doing a full payment (without loan). I just managed to get some accessories worth 5k FOC. Has anyone here, in BLR managed to get more discounts?
I'd tried with all dealers and finally got my car through Dakshin. No discounts and no freebies with the Jazz.
JazzXBlore is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2012, 14:23   #1528
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 127
Thanked: 26 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post
The only dealer will have side moulding strips. They will also do them with body matching paint. I think the cost is about 7k.
I checked with the dealer, but no-go. I asked if there were ANY honda accessories and he says they have NONE available. no seat covers, no side-strips, nothing.

Is it just my dealer or the general state of affairs with Honda dealers? Mine is Apex Honda at Chembur/Sion
maverhick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2012, 14:37   #1529
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,007
Thanked: 229 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Surprising. When I checked they were willing to offer them. In fact they are shortly getting the X body kit (grill/spoiler) also.
sandeep108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2012, 15:46   #1530
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 127
Thanked: 26 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post
Surprising. When I checked they were willing to offer them. In fact they are shortly getting the X body kit (grill/spoiler) also.
Yep, he says 1st or 2nd week may for the X body kit. I bought the X
maverhick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen) JayPrashanth The Indian Car Scene 1642 8th July 2015 14:03
Honda issues recall for faulty power window switch on 2nd-Gen City Achyuth Vaibhav The Indian Car Scene 13 3rd July 2013 09:46
Honda to raise car prices, and Jazz launch soon. EDIT : Jazz spotted testing on pg.14 GeekSrik The Indian Car Scene 463 9th March 2010 11:17
Honda/Toyota cars considered very boring by 2nd Gen NRI kids? pgsagar The International Automotive Scene 23 6th February 2010 21:11


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:20.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks