Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 8th August 2012, 17:03   #1906
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Vyenky View Post
I have also experienced that Jazz stalls if driven too lightly in 1st gear. Initially I thought this change could be due to transfer from Diesel Logan to Petrol Jazz.
Thats a bit odd. I keep pottering around town in 3rd without any stalling issues. But then I have only ever owned petrols, so maybe thats the answer. not really sure.
Ownership thread is long overdue sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
Is there an alternative to automatically lock the doors when in motion? How did they miss that feature is beyond me
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows123 View Post
and ya the locking is a big pain in the ***. YOu have to manually lock it from the driver's side. There is no other alternative.
Can this be done in the aftermarket? Or perhaps any experts can help out by investigating opportunities for a DIY?
selfdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2012, 19:10   #1907
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I am putting my Jazz on sale! Less than an year old now and its there on the classifides

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...nda/Jazz.html/
anachronix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2012, 19:24   #1908
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Guys, I am putting my Jazz on sale! Less than an year old now and its there on the classifides

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...nda/Jazz.html/
oh, why?
but your listing is not active yet. The error is Listing specified is not active. I tried searching for Honda Jazz only and the ones that come up are in Roorkee, Kochi & Bangalore.
Maybe it takes some time or you need to report it to the mods.
Old 8th August 2012, 19:28   #1909
Senior - BHPian

Bought it for my wife to drive to work, but we have a situation where she wont be driving to work for a long time. The car is starting to sleep in my garage and I dont want to keep it. My other car which is the little Ford and an oil burner is prefered by me for my commute...

The ad is yet to be approved by our mods!

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
oh, why?
but your listing is not active yet. The error is Listing specified is not active. I tried searching for Honda Jazz only and the ones that come up are in Roorkee, Kochi & Bangalore.
Maybe it takes some time or you need to report it to the mods.
anachronix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2012, 22:39   #1910
BHPian

May be I am trying to drive Jazz in Super light mode.

Yes Ownership thread is long overdue. I need to click some nice pictures for review. Rains and other things not allwing me to do that.
Will click some nice pictures this week end specially for review.

Last edited by _Vyenky : 8th August 2012 at 22:41.
_Vyenky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2012, 11:19   #1911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Thats a bit odd. I keep pottering around town in 3rd without any stalling issues. But then I have only ever owned petrols, so maybe thats the answer. not really sure.
This seems to happen only in 1st gear. There is no problem with others

Quote:
Can this be done in the aftermarket? Or perhaps any experts can help out by investigating opportunities for a DIY?
I will check if something can be done next time I am in Hyderabad. does all Honda's have this issue or only jazz. If not probably we can get the required part from Brio or City
indian21r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2012, 11:38   #1912
BHPian

Hello

My Jazz select which will complete 1 yr next month, about 1 month or little more the seat belt alarm stopped working, though the icon blinks in the dashboard.
could it be a fuse issue?
please clarify
thanks
keyan
keyank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2012, 12:56   #1913
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
The car is starting to sleep in my garage and I dont want to keep it. My other car which is the little Ford and an oil burner is prefered by me for my commute
Please dont compromise on your asking price, the car is very difficult to come across.
If you may want to reconsider, it does not take long to stir awake a sleeping Honda. After all thats what petrols are for. A diesel would be more like Kumbhakarna to wake up. Just a comparo, no offence meant to Kumbhakarna. If diesel owners take offence, I dont mind

Quote:
I need to click some nice pictures for review. Rains and other things not allwing me to do that.
Will click some nice pictures this week end specially for review.
Arey, rains are perfect time to showcase all the glory of our cars. Hope you can find some time for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
This seems to happen only in 1st gear. There is no problem with others
again, this is a quirky driving habit I have. I only use 1st gear to switch from/ to neutral, I am barely there for a few seconds in either direction. So I am either accelerating or braking, never driving constantly in 1st gear. Maybe I should give it a try and see what happens.
It would be a decent breakthrough for us Jazzy lot if we can find a fix for that auto lock thingy, it is starting to become a nuisance now.
Old 9th August 2012, 21:56   #1914
BHPian

Tomorrow I am on leave so morning time will be devoted to Jazz. Before Janmashtami preparations starts and roads gets closed/clogged I will have good long drive.

Last edited by _Vyenky : 9th August 2012 at 21:57.
_Vyenky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2012, 09:45   #1915
BHPian

I envy you! I am awaiting confirmed timelines for delivery of my Jazz - though the dealer maintains his earlier stance of early-September. Please try to take some photographs if the weather permits, so that your much-awaited ownership thread is up soon

Quote:
Tomorrow I am on leave so morning time will be devoted to Jazz. Before Janmashtami preparations starts and roads gets closed/clogged I will have good long drive.
rkurup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2012, 01:01   #1916
BHPian

Finally getting the delivery of Jazz Standard after 2 months. We had to compromise on color though. Switching from UT to White was not an easy choice to make. But, we hardly had any choice. Dealer was hellbent on selling me Select variant in silver color. Had it been UT, I would have fallen for it. They were not ready to give any commitment on UT color. It feels so helpless at times. You have no other way but to rely on these dealers who most of the times are lying.
When i said we'll have to cancel the booking (I was bluffing as a matter of fact), SM agreed. The prices have already increased since the time I booked this car.
I've already submitted my documents to SBI for car loan. Hopefully, by next weekend we'll have our car.
Enquired about VIN but was told that the car is in Aurangabad. Once it is alloted in my name, I can get VIN.
I was also told that only after the full payment is made will I be able to check my car in the stockyard.
Will keep you guys updated.
abhi8195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2012, 22:53   #1917
BHPian

I visited the Honda showroom in Hosur road, Bangalore with my parents to have a look at Jazz and Brio this noon. The sales guy was a very knowledgeable person and explained the features of Brio very well but never bothered to even take out a word about the Jazz. He was hell-bent on selling Brio. Finally I had to force him to take me near the Jazz but never bothered to explain anything about the Jazz. He started explaining the negative points of Jazz such as long waiting periods, unavailability of colors, absence of discounts, etc! This eventually shifted my dad's interest from Jazz to Brio. Are these guys not interested in selling Jazz?
guyfrmblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2012, 09:30   #1918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi8195 View Post
Finally getting the delivery of Jazz Standard after 2 months. We had to compromise on color though. Switching from UT to White was not an easy choice to make. But, we hardly had any choice. Dealer was hellbent on selling me Select variant in silver color. Had it been UT, I would have fallen for it. They were not ready to give any commitment on UT color. It feels so helpless at times. You have no other way but to rely on these dealers who most of the times are lying.
When i said we'll have to cancel the booking (I was bluffing as a matter of fact), SM agreed. The prices have already increased since the time I booked this car.

Enquired about VIN but was told that the car is in Aurangabad. Once it is alloted in my name, I can get VIN.

I was also told that only after the full payment is made will I be able to check my car in the stockyard.
abhi, the UT color is in much demand. In my visit to a stockyard here in Mumbai, there wasn't a single UT Jazz; and that's across all variants.

Regards the dealer forcing a particular color (silver in your case), check the car and its VIN personally. There are a lot of cars that are just sitting in their stockyard, which they will gladly (and at times forcibly) rid themselves of.

There is no reason why they shouldn't let you know the VIN, particularly if you've booked the car. And, as I've mentioned in one of my earlier posts, I repeat, go have a look at your car before you initiate the registration. Once you make your full payment, believe you me, you're quite stuck with what they want to give you. Forget about checking the car after full payment in the stockyard; you will likely only see it in the showroom.

IMO the mindset one should have at this time (pre-delivery) is, "I want to check the car. It isn't mine until I've had a look at it." They (the dealer) like to keep saying "your" car. Sorry mate. Not mine, not until I've had a look at her!
CowlFlap is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2012, 09:59   #1919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
I visited the Honda showroom in Hosur road, Bangalore with my parents to have a look at Jazz and Brio this noon. The sales guy was a very knowledgeable person and explained the features of Brio very well but never bothered to even take out a word about the Jazz. He was hell-bent on selling Brio. Finally I had to force him to take me near the Jazz but never bothered to explain anything about the Jazz. He started explaining the negative points of Jazz such as long waiting periods, unavailability of colors, absence of discounts, etc! This eventually shifted my dad's interest from Jazz to Brio. Are these guys not interested in selling Jazz?
Why dont you try the other 2 Honda showrooms in Bangalore..As far as i know, Dakshin Honda has this pathetic attitude towards Jazz. I too had almost given up on it but i decided to give Magnum Honda in Kanakpura road a try. The personnel there are knowledgeable and very helpful. They have plenty of Jazz inventories as well so you might get one asap. Discounts well since honda arent bothered to push this car at all despite it being one heck of a car, well you cant really get much in terms of discounts!!
shadows123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2012, 12:52   #1920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowlFlap View Post
abhi, the UT color is in much demand. In my visit to a stockyard here in Mumbai, there wasn't a single UT Jazz; and that's across all variants.
========
They (the dealer) like to keep saying "your" car. Sorry mate. Not mine, not until I've had a look at her!
Thanks CowFlap for your thoughts. We haven't yet made the full payment for the car. The SM says the car is alloted to me only after the full payment is made. And once the allotment is done, I can be provided with the VIN. I would like to know from you all if this is the general practice? When is the VIN shared with the customer? And when is one generally allowed to have a look at the car in the yard?
abhi8195 is offline   Reply With Quote