Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2012, 13:59   #1966
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,007
Thanked: 229 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animesh View Post
I am posting this query here because I want a solution specific to Honda Jazz.

There is a USB port that is provided which is able to detect 'USB Drive' and plays music just fine.

However, I wanted to know if there is a way to connect my Mobile (HTC phone on Android ICS) to the USB port and then play music?

Already tried: Selected "Mount as disk drive" as option, but then the error message I get in the Car Audio Unit Display is "Unsupported". I must state here that music files are in the same mp3 format as the ones in USB drive that plays just fine.

Please suggest a solution.
My android phone works just fine in the Jazz. In fact I have two storages and both work. I do have to select MTP or disk drive mode. Try a switch off/on to force a media re-scan and then try again.
sandeep108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2012, 15:00   #1967
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Pune
Posts: 42
Thanked: 7 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkurup View Post
Abhi, please get all the receipts for payments made to the dealer. I get this weird feeling that due to the thin profit margins on Jazz, some dealers try to make money on insurance, rto, etc.

Rahul

I don't think I'm going to get a receipt of this 2500/- As it is, they're saying this money will go to the RTO agent.
abhi8195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2012, 17:51   #1968
BHPian
 
sk456's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: @Noida/Gurgaon
Posts: 570
Thanked: 7 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Got a quote of 659120 on road for Jazz base version for Noida and 686,000 for Select.. Is this price good or is ther escope of any discount.. 3 mth delviery period as per dealer...this includes extended 2 year warranty and roadside assistance..
sk456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2012, 18:26   #1969
Team-BHP Support
 
bblost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,650
Thanked: 6,663 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

From the website:
City : NOIDA
Jazz : Rs. 585,000
Jazz Select Edition : Rs. 610,000
Jazz X : Rs. 641,000 (including standard kit)

Is the price quoted to you inclusive of insurance and registration.

You might want to check the insurance premium from other providers.
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2012, 18:37   #1970
Senior - BHPian
 
selfdrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,700
Thanked: 2,119 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk456 View Post
Got a quote of 659120 on road for Jazz base version for Noida and 686,000 for Select.. Is this price good or is ther escope of any discount.. 3 mth delviery period as per dealer...this includes extended 2 year warranty and roadside assistance..
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Is the price quoted to you inclusive of insurance and registration.
You might want to check the insurance premium from other providers.
yes, looks like inclusive of insurance and registration as its onroad price.
Some recent buyers have reported that Honda (or its dealer) is not allowing insurance or loans from elsewhere. So better check if thats possible.
selfdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2012, 18:40   #1971
Team-BHP Support
 
bblost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,650
Thanked: 6,663 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
yes, looks like inclusive of insurance and registration as its onroad price.
Some recent buyers have reported that Honda (or its dealer) is not allowing insurance or loans from elsewhere. So better check if thats possible.
If this is true then its very bad.

Wound't Honda be in violation of IRDA rules

Ask the dealer to give this in writing. They will most probably refuse. Its your right to chose an insurer of your choice.
In fact you don't need to pay the dealer anything over and above the ex showroom price.

You can register the car yourself. Get insurance on your own.

Last edited by bblost : 22nd August 2012 at 18:45.
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2012, 18:50   #1972
Senior - BHPian
 
selfdrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,700
Thanked: 2,119 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi8195 View Post
I don't think I'm going to get a receipt of this 2500/- As it is, they're saying this money will go to the RTO agent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Wound't Honda be in violation of IRDA rules
Ask the dealer to give this in writing. They will most probably refuse. Its your right to chose an insurer of your choice.
In fact you don't need to pay the dealer anything over and above the ex showroom price.
You can register the car yourself. Get insurance on your own.
Thanks @bblost, I dont think its Honda. Maybe its the dealers being sneaky to make a quick buck as Jazz margins are low.

@abhi, FYI please see bblost's post above
selfdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2012, 18:59   #1973
BHPian
 
sk456's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: @Noida/Gurgaon
Posts: 570
Thanked: 7 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
From the website:
City : NOIDA
Jazz : Rs. 585,000
Jazz Select Edition : Rs. 610,000
Jazz X : Rs. 641,000 (including standard kit)

Is the price quoted to you inclusive of insurance and registration.

You might want to check the insurance premium from other providers.
Yes inclusive of regn and insurance and 2 year extended warranty.. Do you think its a decent deal?
sk456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2012, 19:02   #1974
Team-BHP Support
 
bblost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,650
Thanked: 6,663 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk456 View Post
Yes inclusive of regn and insurance and 2 year extended warranty.. Do you think its a decent deal?
You need to check with other insurance providers.

Registration is a fixed cost.
But dealers manipulate on the insurance premium.

That alone can tell you if the deal is decent or not.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2012, 19:23   #1975
BHPian
 
sk456's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: @Noida/Gurgaon
Posts: 570
Thanked: 7 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
You need to check with other insurance providers.

Registration is a fixed cost.
But dealers manipulate on the insurance premium.

That alone can tell you if the deal is decent or not.
Base Version:( Noida)
Ex SHpwroom : 585,000
Registration: 47,215
Insurance: 17,313
Extended Warr: 9,600
sk456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2012, 09:57   #1976
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 245
Thanked: 76 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk456 View Post
Base Version:( Noida)
Ex SHpwroom : 585,000
Registration: 47,215
Insurance: 17,313
Extended Warr: 9,600
wow Noida is so cheap. I am jealous.

Mine was more like 1,00,000Rs on road tax alone. and extra tax increased the ex-showroom price as well!

However extended warranty was 7500Rs for me check that part..The dealer might be overcharging there!
shadows123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2012, 12:52   #1977
BHPian
 
wordsworth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 63
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Spoke to ring road Honda Gurgaon for jazz x. SE informed that waiting of minimum one month to two months. Got a call today from another SE who informed that jazz x waiting is two to three months. However, Jazz select in tafeta white, rallaye red available in a week. On my last visit to the dealership, a tafeta white select was being delivered to a lucky customer and the SE gladly informed that the same was delivered in a week.
The dealership is clearly pushing the sales of select model only. I won't mind going for the select model also but worried of whether the same are lying in stock for quite some time.
Please help if I should go for the taffeta white select model and save thirty odd thousand or push for the xmt.
wordsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2012, 13:05   #1978
BHPian
 
sk456's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: @Noida/Gurgaon
Posts: 570
Thanked: 7 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
You need to check with other insurance providers.

Registration is a fixed cost.
But dealers manipulate on the insurance premium.

That alone can tell you if the deal is decent or not.
Indeed it seems that insurance values are higher side. A quick exploration of online quotes of some insurance companies got me a quote of 14-15k ( IDV of 555,750) i.e 95% of Ex showroom value.
Of course as i see it premium varies as per the deductible amounts that you choose for your policy. I wonder what is advisable a low Deductible or high deductible. THe higher the deductible the lower the premium . Am in a quandry over this.

one question more: would dealers/banks accept insurance taken from companies of your choice? i.e would they be willing to consider that as part of on road pricing for loan?
sk456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2012, 14:58   #1979
BHPian
 
Peregrine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 57
Thanked: 16 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Finally got the X-kit fitted on my car today . It does make a world of difference in the front view of the car. I will post the pics shortly.

As an aside, the SA tells me that my payment for X-kit (made two months earlier when receiving the car) was short by Rs 23 . I told him that I have no intention of paying this as its been 2 months since I have had my car and they really should have told me earlier. He agreed without any protest . It really isn't about the amount of money but rather the laxity of these guys in telling me couple of months later.

Last edited by Peregrine : 23rd August 2012 at 14:59.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2012, 15:29   #1980
BHPian
 
sk456's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: @Noida/Gurgaon
Posts: 570
Thanked: 7 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Getting very confusing rates abt Regsitration and Road tax Charges that should be payable for Jazz in Delh/Noida. Ex showroom price for the Jazz sleect is 6,10,00 /-

What should be registration &Road tax charges in Delhi and Noida. Can anyone help.
sk456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen) JayPrashanth The Indian Car Scene 1642 8th July 2015 14:03
Honda issues recall for faulty power window switch on 2nd-Gen City Achyuth Vaibhav The Indian Car Scene 13 3rd July 2013 09:46
Honda to raise car prices, and Jazz launch soon. EDIT : Jazz spotted testing on pg.14 GeekSrik The Indian Car Scene 463 9th March 2010 11:17
Honda/Toyota cars considered very boring by 2nd Gen NRI kids? pgsagar The International Automotive Scene 23 6th February 2010 21:11


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:19.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks