Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 2nd February 2013, 14:48   #2131
BHPian

Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by areddy View Post
Hi Keyan, How much do the Art leather ones cost?
I think i paid about 6k (was quoted 6.5k). but mine was the first Jazz (the new one with reclining seats ) they did. so they measured the seats and stitched it.
Only seat covers. no steering or sides on the door panels.
keyank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2013, 17:53   #2132
BHPian

The more I see Mercedes B-Class on the road, the more it seems to me that it is an rich cousin of Jazz. I feel the concept behind the cars is the same, only the Jazz was much ahead of its time. B-Class is positioned a sports tourer and BMW has unvieled a concept Active Tourer based on 1-series. I think Jazz with its magic seats and ability to carry Sports and adventure gear does have the same capabilities that B-Class and BMW concept has. Plonking the 1.5L Honda City Engine would definitely help. Do I make sense! I hope Mercedes and BMW fans please don't offended by this comparison. :-)
altius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2013, 09:35   #2133
BHPian

Hi Keyan, How are the seats holding up in Bangalore summers? Will our A*SE get fried when we sit on the seats?

Also, are there any sunfilms that can be used on a Jazz/ or any other car? Or Is it the case that all of them banned irrespective. Jazz with this large windows is more of a problem keeping the sun away!
areddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2013, 12:34   #2134
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Keyan, How are the seats holding up in Bangalore summers? Will our A*SE get fried when we sit on the seats?

Also, are there any sunfilms that can be used on a Jazz/ or any other car? Or Is it the case that all of them banned irrespective. Jazz with this large windows is more of a problem keeping the sun away!
I am pretty sure that those seats covers will get hot.You could put a 3m CR70 in the windscreen,while its still illegal it will definitely help and the only way for a person to know if there is a sunfilm is ,if one inspects it at macro level distance.
aim120 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2013, 15:20   #2135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim120 View Post
I am pretty sure that those seats covers will get hot.You could put a 3m CR70 in the windscreen,while its still illegal it will definitely help and the only way for a person to know if there is a sunfilm is ,if one inspects it at macro level distance.
Thanks Aim120.

You mean one would come to know if someone inspects from real close or real far?

The same one can be used for other windows too? Please post any pictures of your Jazz, if you have this film installed. Thanks in advance!
Old 4th February 2013, 15:25   #2136
BHPian

areddy, i dont use the Jazz much. they are not too bad in summers. however the AC in honda is pretty good.

i had sun films on the sides (nothing on the front windshield) but removed during the deadline.
keyank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2013, 21:29   #2137
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Aim120.

You mean one would come to know if someone inspects from real close or real far?

The same one can be used for other windows too? Please post any pictures of your Jazz, if you have this film installed. Thanks in advance!
I mean from really close distance like a feet away.
I haven't yet installed it in my Jazz but i had seen them in my friends car and i only noticed the sun film when i saw the 3m symbol.
aim120 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2013, 09:41   #2138

Quote:
Any idea where I can get good quality seat covers for my Jazz. I feel the original seats are bit too hard. I want seat covers that can give some cushioning too (only a little bit of cushioning).
I got mine done for around 6k, almost a year back. Let me know if you would need the contact details. I opted for a red-black combo for Ralley red Jazz.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz-front-seats.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz-back-seats.jpg  

Peepsimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2013, 10:10   #2139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peepsimus View Post
I got mine done for around 6k, almost a year back. Let me know if you would need the contact details. I opted for a red-black combo for Ralley red Jazz.
Hi, Lovely pictures! Please let me know where in Bangalore you got it done.
Old 5th February 2013, 22:32   #2140

Quote:
Hi, Lovely pictures! Please let me know where in Bangalore you got it done.
Thanks!

Contact details are as under:
Taj Car Decor
Phone: Mobile (+(91)-9986500207), Landline (+(91)-(80)-42198040)
Address:48, Opp to CENTRAL BANK OF INDIA, RV road, Basavanagudi, Bangalore - 560004
View Map: http://www.justdial.com/Bangalore/Ta...S2A3_BZDET/map

Though the entire process took longer than he had promised, I am very happy with the workmanship.
Peepsimus is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2013, 13:43   #2141
BHPian

Damn, hope part prices and service issues don't crop up due to the car being discontinued.
maverhick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2013, 17:18   #2142
Senior - BHPian

Just read about the Jazz being discontinued.

It truly is a brilliant car and I only wish Honda had priced it properly from day 1. One would be parked in my garage if that was the case, instead of the Punto 1.4.

Once the Brio came, the Jazz was always number 2 and Honda weren't keen on producing the car. I remember crazy waiting periods being mentioned on the forum and all Honda produced were about 500 - 600 odd cars every month.

Anyway, I'm sure Honda is on the rise again with the Amaze coming up. so here's looking forward to the 2014 Jazz (With a diesel engine)
fiat_tarun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2013, 17:56   #2143
BHPian

I think this is the right time to use adversary as an opportunity and pick up a good used jazz for a steal!
kvish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2013, 17:59   #2144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post
I think this is the right time to use adversary as an opportunity and pick up a good used jazz for a steal!
I doubt if many Jazz owners (who had to wait weeks for the cars delivery) would be willing to sell their cars!
freak1201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2013, 18:07   #2145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freak1201 View Post
I doubt if many Jazz owners (who had to wait weeks for the cars delivery) would be willing to sell their cars!
More than they being ready to sell, how many will be interested to buy one?
Reasons:
1. A luxury petrol hatch in diesel frenzy market
2. Cost of the car (even though used, it will still be quite high; else the seller looses considerably)
3. Cost of ownership: most of the car is imported (one of the main reasons for being priced so high); even though it is global
model, the parts will cost more due to the import

I love the Jazz like crazy and am deeply saddened with what happened to it right from the start!
Only good news, it will come with the 1.5 i-Dtec in the future and I hope by then the premium being charged over petrol cars is obsolete.

Last edited by MotoNanu : 22nd February 2013 at 18:16.
MotoNanu is offline   Reply With Quote