Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 13th May 2013, 01:10   #2176
BHPian

Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzXBlore View Post
Has anyone tried the illuminated Door Sill plates or LED lights on the Jazz. Any pointers with pictures and places to find them would be useful.
Door sill with blue LED are common, i would suggest you to get it directly from the Honda dealer because wiring is altered and if done from outside, it may void warranty. Also available in the market are cheap and simple stainless steel door sill plates that just stick to the metal body(at the base of the door) with the help of double sided tape.
As far as the lights go, i know someone outside of TeamBHP.com who has added LED tail-lights that look amazing,but he got them from Bangkok AFAIK.
Check out popular e-commerce sites like ebay.com for both the things.
smarth.katyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2013, 20:19   #2177
BHPian

and there you go... Jazz/Fit 2014. Not sure how much would they keep it the way it looks in the snap, but I am simply in love with this younger brother of my Jazz. Hope Honda learnt from it's past mistakes. A 1.5 Diesel option with aggressive pricing would be the key. Will sell like hot pan cakes!!!

http://www.team-bhp.com/news/2014-ho...er-and-details
nkishore_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2013, 15:19   #2178
BHPian

Just got the First Paid servicing done at 11300 kms. Total expense of Rs. 3200 for Oil change and other routine things.
Animesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2013, 16:38   #2179
Senior - BHPian

Is anyone facing issues with one touch down on the power windows? Mine seems to get stuck once in a while.
mail4ajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2013, 20:34   #2180
BHPian

AFAIK, there were a couple of recalls of the 1st Gen Jazz (<2008) in UK, SA, Australia etc relating to the power window switch. "The design of the power window master switch can allow residue from interior cleaners to accumulate, which can, over time with switch use, cause the electrical contacts to degrade and may lead to a fire in the switch,” according to Honda. I know of atleast one neighbour with a 1st gen (2010) Jazz who had a problem with the switch mis-behaving on occassion. Believe he got it replaced at Whitefield Honda. I can't recall if he had it replaced under extended warranty, or they just repaired the unit. He said at the time, it was because of rainwater falling on the switch, when the door remained open. Hope this helps.
Juggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2013, 17:25   #2181
BHPian

Dear All,
Few days back I completed the 3rd free service of my Honda Jazz X. I know it may be a silly question to ask but I am bit confused and can not stop myself from asking it.
In the manual it is written that the service interval should be 1 year or 10,000 kms, whichever happens first. But the people from the showroom told me to get the service done in 6 months or 5000 kms, whichever happens first.
Please suggest me, how do I go about it?
db0009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2013, 17:43   #2182
Senior - BHPian

I have 2 issues to show next service, power window switch and sticky clutch. Both are infrequent issues.

Honda ASS says you must service 2500kms or 3 months. I ignore that. I prefer 5000kms or 6 months whichever comes first. I have run 25000kms and all going good now.
Old 8th July 2013, 18:33   #2183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by db0009 View Post
Dear All,
Few days back I completed the 3rd free service of my Honda Jazz X. I know it may be a silly question to ask but I am bit confused and can not stop myself from asking it.
In the manual it is written that the service interval should be 1 year or 10,000 kms, whichever happens first. But the people from the showroom told me to get the service done in 6 months or 5000 kms, whichever happens first.
From what I remember Jazz has 3rd free service at 5000 km or 6 months only. That is how our car was serviced. After that it is once every 6 months or multiple of 5000 km
indian21r is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2013, 08:23   #2184
BHPian

Every 3 months the Capital Honda guys keep calling me and remind me of the service and i do end up doing.
My car has run 19k in around 15 months and recently did the 3rd paid service for 20k ( 9th, 12th , 15th). The bill came to around 8037 ( synthetic oil, air filter, a/c filter, wheel alignment etc)
I had 2 issues-
1. the LED has display issues. The end digit on the right is fading; especially after exposure to hot sun for few hours, it goes off completely and returns back in faded format later on. Had this issue reported - A.S.S. has said they'll consider a replacement.
2. Rattling sound in top left glove box. They've fixed it and seems ok.

I also had steering vibration at speeds over 120 - which they said wheel balancing and alignment will fix it. Havent been @those speeds for quite a while and couldnt test this.
vigneshA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2013, 23:56   #2185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshA View Post
2. Rattling sound in top left glove box. They've fixed it and seems ok.
Wow! My Jazz has the same rattle! Any reason was told for the rattle??
Geo_Ipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2013, 15:20   #2186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
Wow! My Jazz has the same rattle! Any reason was told for the rattle??
Not sure - didnt ask. Should have. But then the rattle sounded as if due to a loose screw.
vigneshA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2013, 18:13   #2187
Senior - BHPian

Vignesh, was the AC filter replaced as per maintenance chart? I do not remember changing that at 20K.
Old 17th July 2013, 19:01   #2188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by db0009 View Post
Dear All,
There is a thread dedicated to Honda dealers pressuring people to service their cars more frequently than what the manual says. Take a look: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...da-cars-2.html (What is service interval for Honda Cars?)
Su-47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2013, 00:36   #2189
BHPian

Hi folks

I was wondering if i could get hold of a new jazz if at all there exists any stock with honda.

Does anyone has any idea if i could get a new jazz here in Delhi and at what price ?
satyamkaushik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2013, 00:46   #2190
BHPian

Very unlikely. Jazz was taken out of production when there was a waiting list for the delivery.

My cousin was looking for a new Jazz couple of months ago and he found none in the NCR region.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyamkaushik View Post
Hi folks

I was wondering if i could get hold of a new jazz if at all there exists any stock with honda.

Does anyone has any idea if i could get a new jazz here in Delhi and at what price ?
infotech58 is offline   Reply With Quote