Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2013, 06:37   #2206
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 39
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
Be advised, the Jazz is not considerably less bulkier than the SX4 to drive around the city! At least, width wise. It is not as long, and rearward visibility may be a tad better. Do take a test drive before you decide! And as others have pointed out already, low end torque is notorious in the Jazz. She definitely is happier on the highways than the cities. Again, a test drive should give you a clear picture!!
I have to disagree here! The jazz steering is at its best at low city speeds. It's no highway stomper, and it runs out of breath on our 4-laned highways if you don't gun the vtec. You certainly don't feel the dimensions while driving in the city. And Low end torque remains a problem only when you switch multiple cars in your garage.

A friend has a SX4 and bought a pre-owned Jazz for the school run, when they moved to the suburbs, and she couldn't be happier. She used our jazz for a while before making her decision, as she was wondering about the Duster / Amaze.

A test drive is mandated, but believe me in City traffic, the jazz is something else. I also think the body panels compared to my older Icon and Swift are amazingly resilient. Built like a tank, which should be heartening for someone riding an SX4 in city.

That said, I would wait for some clarity on the new 2014 model, and the Mobillo, as they look exciting. Spares and accessories are likely to be from a common parts bin.
Juggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2013, 10:31   #2207
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,007
Thanked: 229 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

I agree, drivability wise in the city, Jazz is very good. It goes very easily at 40 km/h even in 5th gear. Yes, pickup is there only at higher revs, and engine buzzes on the highway at 3.5k+ rpm at 120 km/h but it has very good drivability in the city and if you rev it correctly is adequate on the highway for reasonable speeds.
sandeep108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2013, 10:43   #2208
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Rajeevraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,253
Thanked: 7,955 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
Be advised, the Jazz is not considerably less bulkier than the SX4 to drive around the city! At least, width wise. It is not as long, and rearward visibility may be a tad better. Do take a test drive before you decide!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggy View Post
I have to disagree here! The jazz steering is at its best at low city speeds. It's no highway stomper, and it runs out of breath on our 4-laned highways

A test drive is mandated, but believe me in City traffic, the jazz is something else. I also think the body panels compared to my older Icon and Swift are amazingly resilient. Built like a tank, which should be heartening for someone riding an SX4 in city.

That said, I would wait for some clarity on the new 2014 model, and the Mobillo, as they look exciting. Spares and accessories are likely to be from a common parts bin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post
I agree, drivability wise in the city, Jazz is very good. It goes very easily at 40 km/h even in 5th gear. Yes, pickup is there only at higher revs, and engine buzzes on the highway at 3.5k+ rpm at 120 km/h but it has very good drivability in the city and if you rev it correctly is adequate on the highway for reasonable speeds.
Thanks for the inputs and feedback. Since the new Jazz is coming out next year, I dropped the idea of a pre owned Jazz. Additionally since it was not a high selling car and was purchased by folks who could understand the value it offers (and hence would not sell it unless there was a major reason to sell), there are not too many cars available in the used car market. So getting a good one seemed to be difficult.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2013, 13:51   #2209
Senior - BHPian
 
mail4ajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,834
Thanked: 222 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Has anyone installed auxiliary lights or bright fog lights that compliments the headlights?

I feel the OE headlights are not adequate for highway use. I had the OSRAM stock spec lights. Marginally better than stock. But blew in a few months. Cant complain as I got them free.

Please suggest some options apart from high voltage bulbs which need changes to wiring/relay/holders.
mail4ajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2013, 16:03   #2210
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Noida
Posts: 50
Thanked: 32 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
Be advised, the Jazz is not considerably less bulkier than the SX4 to drive around the city! At least, width wise. It is not as long, and rearward visibility may be a tad better. Do take a test drive before you decide!


And as others have pointed out already, low end torque is notorious in the Jazz. She definitely is happier on the highways than the cities. Again, a test drive should give you a clear picture!!

Agreed, the Jazz may share the same bulkiness characters of the SX4 in terms of dimensions ,but the huge glass area,all around,just the sheer size of the front and rear quarter glass panels is I guess the largest I've ever seen. Plus it has a very forward design which makes front visibility good. This helps reduce the bulk factor and places the Jazz well ahead of the SX4 which i feel is a bit closed off.
smarth.katyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2013, 23:53   #2211
Senior - BHPian
 
mail4ajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,834
Thanked: 222 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Has anyone tried the Bosch or Hella wipers for the Jazz?
mail4ajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2013, 12:16   #2212
BHPian
 
JollyPope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 57
Thanked: 34 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
I feel the OE headlights are not adequate for highway use. I had the OSRAM stock spec lights. Marginally better than stock. But blew in a few months. Cant complain as I got them free.

Please suggest some options apart from high voltage bulbs which need changes to wiring/relay/holders.
Hella Powerlight, Osram Nighbreakers, Philips Extreme Vision H4 bulbs are few recommended upgrades from stock.

Since their wattage is the same as the stock (55/60), they do not require any wiring/relay. Should be socket to socket.
JollyPope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2013, 15:20   #2213
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Noida
Posts: 50
Thanked: 32 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyPope View Post
Hella Powerlight, Osram Nighbreakers, Philips Extreme Vision H4 bulbs are few recommended upgrades from stock.

Since their wattage is the same as the stock (55/60), they do not require any wiring/relay. Should be socket to socket.
I am a noob when it comes to bulbs and stuff. But wont bulbs with same wattage give the same amount of light? If not,can you give the names in increasing order of illumination. Even i think stocks are a little low on light when it comes to highway driving and will definitely go for a change if there is increase in illumination level.
smarth.katyal is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2013, 11:28   #2214
Newbie
 
suhasark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore/Manga
Posts: 13
Thanked: 5 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Has anyone tried the Bosch or Hella wipers for the Jazz?
I have tried both of them , but they don't do a good job in terms of wiping the visibility area of your windshield. I tried a combo as well with a smaller Bosch & bigger Hella , but no luck. May try to get it replaced from the Honda Service Centre during my next service.
suhasark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2013, 17:44   #2215
Senior - BHPian
 
mail4ajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,834
Thanked: 222 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhasark View Post
I have tried both of them , but they don't do a good job in terms of wiping the visibility area of your windshield. I tried a combo as well with a smaller Bosch & bigger Hella , but no luck. May try to get it replaced from the Honda Service Centre during my next service.
What sizes did you buy? The wiping depends on the wiper length.
mail4ajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2013, 21:32   #2216
Newbie
 
suhasark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore/Manga
Posts: 13
Thanked: 5 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

26" & 14" if I remember correctly.

Thanks
Suhas
suhasark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2013, 10:47   #2217
BHPian
 
biplav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 28
Thanked: 7 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Given Honda's forays into Diesel, courtesy the Brio and the City now, are there diesel variants (auto transmission) expected in the Jazz too ?
biplav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2013, 12:36   #2218
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 27
Thanked: 5 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by biplav View Post
Given Honda's forays into Diesel, courtesy the Brio and the City now, are there diesel variants (auto transmission) expected in the Jazz too ?
Yes! The new Jazz will be offered in a diesel variant, with the 1.5L i-DTec turbo diesel the Amaze comes with. Check out this thread for more.
dreamz91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2013, 17:13   #2219
BHPian
 
JollyPope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 57
Thanked: 34 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarth.katyal View Post
But wont bulbs with same wattage give the same amount of light?
Nope. The filament used in these bulbs are of superior quality. Hence they manage to generate brighter light with the same wattage.


Quote:
Originally Posted by smarth.katyal View Post
If not,can you give the names in increasing order of illumination.
As per fellow bhpians who have tried these bulbs.
Hella Powerlight>Philips Extreme Vision H4>Osram Nighbreakers
JollyPope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2014, 18:48   #2220
Senior - BHPian
 
mail4ajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,834
Thanked: 222 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Any anyone checked the resale value of their cars recently? I am afraid, I might have to sell mine soon which is kind of unexpected.
mail4ajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen) JayPrashanth The Indian Car Scene 1642 8th July 2015 14:03
Honda issues recall for faulty power window switch on 2nd-Gen City Achyuth Vaibhav The Indian Car Scene 13 3rd July 2013 09:46
Honda to raise car prices, and Jazz launch soon. EDIT : Jazz spotted testing on pg.14 GeekSrik The Indian Car Scene 463 9th March 2010 11:17
Honda/Toyota cars considered very boring by 2nd Gen NRI kids? pgsagar The International Automotive Scene 23 6th February 2010 21:11


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:35.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks