Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 13th January 2014, 21:08   #2221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Any anyone checked the resale value of their cars recently? I am afraid, I might have to sell mine soon which is kind of unexpected.
Pity. I just might have been in the market had this come sooner.
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2014, 09:52   #2222
BHPian

Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
The stock Michelin were great. But looks like the smoothness has started to wane. I have thread left indicted by the wear indicator on the tyre. The tyres were manufactured in 2009. So I guess it's about time. Will wait for till Dec to change.
Hi Ajo,

Did you change your tyres yet, have to change mine very soon, have done 47K on stock GT3's.

Kenneth
Kenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2014, 18:21   #2223
Senior - BHPian

Have any of you changed brake pads for Jazz? I was asked to do so in the service today and it costs a bomb - 4500 Rs for the front.
My car has done close to 40K. Is this expected and is the price ok?

Last edited by adimicra : 31st January 2014 at 18:29.
adimicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2014, 21:45   #2224
BHPian

All - I had issues with teh LCD display fading out in heat. Basically if i park my car in sun - then overheat caused the LCD display to fade at the end. The more heated the car become, more pronounced and more digits would go off the display. They would automatically come back once its cooled.

Had asked the SA to take a look at it during the service. They said they'll call in the Honda warranty guy to see if this can be covered/replaced.
Finally they have taken the whole unit off and have sent to some electronics shop here - with which they have tie-up. So now driving around without the display unit+ AC vent controller + the emergency light switch.. Feels wierd.
However wanted to understand if any of you had this experience and was there any solution.
vigneshA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2014, 03:59   #2225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshA View Post
All - I had issues with teh LCD display fading out in heat. Basically if i park my car in sun - then overheat caused the LCD display to fade at the end. The more heated the car become, more pronounced and more digits would go off the display. They would automatically come back once its cooled.

Had asked the SA to take a look at it during the service. They said they'll call in the Honda warranty guy to see if this can be covered/replaced.
Finally they have taken the whole unit off and have sent to some electronics shop here - with which they have tie-up. So now driving around without the display unit+ AC vent controller + the emergency light switch.. Feels wierd.
However wanted to understand if any of you had this experience and was there any solution.
Did you get the problem solved? I would have said no to them for taking out the system and giving to a local shop . I have the same issue and ive decided to live with it for 3 reasons-
1.its a very small problem and assuming if i ask for a warranty claim for this they'll have to import the part and this would require pulling a lot of strings.
2.i do not want to play with the dashboard to avoid squeaks rattles and noises in the future ,factory fit is always best.
3.the last digit is readable most of the time ,though one has to strain a bit and not to forget i find it annoying to look at the dull display corner.
smarth.katyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2014, 13:25   #2226
Distinguished - BHPian

Jazz coming only in March 2015.

http://www.cartoq.com/honda-mobilio-...in-march-2015/
volkman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2014, 20:12   #2227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarth.katyal View Post
Did you get the problem solved? I would have said no to them for taking out the system and giving to a local shop . I have the same issue and ive decided to live with it for 3 reasons-
1.its a very small problem and assuming if i ask for a warranty claim for this they'll have to import the part and this would require pulling a lot of strings.
2.i do not want to play with the dashboard to avoid squeaks rattles and noises in the future ,factory fit is always best.
3.the last digit is readable most of the time ,though one has to strain a bit and not to forget i find it annoying to look at the dull display corner.
Agreed, but i thought it was a problem that my grow onto to become permanent and would be good to get it replaced within warranty.

But here s the continuation ....

After 2 weeks, they dealer announced arrival of the repaired version. I take my car to the workshop and ask them to install it.
After installation - to my dismay I find that the unit is slightly different. One on my car ( post price decrease) had orange back-lit with black letters.
However this one had no backlit and orange letters. That meant that in direct sunlight the letters were not visible. Orange back-lit worked great for this reason.

They solved one issue but created another. I had to let the SA understand what i was talking about. SA himself wasnt aware and then he enquired with the company and found that they had replaced it since they couldnt repair and orange back-lit is not manufactured right now.

So i tell the SA that i would rather have my original one back than have this. Both have their own set of problems. Solving one problem while creating another was not in my opinion a complete solution.
SA enquires and finds that the product has already got shipped back to the company since they had got replacement. He said he'll follow-up and get that.
At this point -i have the new one, which is ok in the dark, and may be i'll have to live with that.

I'll provide a picture to show what change i am talking about.
vigneshA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2014, 21:24   #2228

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Have any of you changed brake pads for Jazz? I was asked to do so in the service today and it costs a bomb - 4500 Rs for the front.
My car has done close to 40K. Is this expected and is the price ok?
Mine had to be replaced around the 30K mark and when I questioned the SA about it , was told that it varies across cars depending on the road conditions , driving style etc.
suhasark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2014, 10:15   #2229
BHPian

Hi friends

Need your inputs regarding Jazz's taillamps replacement.

My left taillamp cover is broken (we used a hired driver for a week, and this was the price to pay :( ).

Now, do I need to replace the entire taillamp assy or only the cover can be replaced ? Which is the most cost effective to get this done ?

Thanks.

lazy
lazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2014, 14:02   #2230
Distinguished - BHPian

2014 Honda Jazz in seen testing in India. Launch expected in 2015.

Name:  1395146573Jazz_side.jpg
Views: 2657
Size:  45.3 KB
Name:  1395145973Jazz_2.jpg
Views: 2727
Size:  40.2 KB

Quote:
The test prototype of the Jazz that has been spotted ran on black steel rims instead of the 10 (5x2) spoke alloys on the Jazz previewed at the Auto Expo. Other designing cues remain the same though Honda has refrained from putting any variant nomenclature on the car. While it is expected that the new Jazz will come in both petrol and diesel engines, the prototype spotted didn’t have any badging (i-Dtec or i-Vtec).

http://carsizzler.com/news-detail/00...-in-India.html

Last edited by volkman10 : 19th March 2014 at 14:09.
volkman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2014, 04:05   #2231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
2014 Honda Jazz in seen testing in India. Launch expected in 2015.

http://carsizzler.com/news-detail/00...-in-India.html
Really hope the new Jazz gets a bigger petrol engine option too (the City's 1.5) - that would really make this a great enthusiast car this side of 10 lakhs!
Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2014, 06:56   #2232
BHPian

Once 2014 Jazz is launched, it should become segment leader, as new City. Many Jazz fans are, surely, awaiting for it's launch. Honda must launch it fast. Find a short review, looks are really dashing. The diesel engine should be made acceptability refined. Jazz 2014 will rock without any doubt. Price also should be quite competitive, as it is likely to cost less than Amaze Sedan. IMO, if it is pricier than Amaze, then there will be few takers in our country, considering very positive traction of car buyers towards sedans/ pseudo sedans, without any apparent reasons. Given a choice, I will go for a quality hatch than compromised sedans like Dzire, Amaze, Xcent etc. No offense to any one please.

http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/honda-...-drive-review/
Chitta Pradhan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2014, 08:51   #2233
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
Once 2014 Jazz is launched, it should become segment leader, as new City. Many Jazz fans are, surely, awaiting for it's launch. Honda must launch it fast. Find a short review, looks are really dashing. The diesel engine should be made acceptability refined. Jazz 2014 will rock without any doubt. Price also should be quite competitive, as it is likely to cost less than Amaze Sedan. IMO, if it is pricier than Amaze, then there will be few takers in our country, considering very positive traction of car buyers towards sedans/ pseudo sedans, without any apparent reasons. Given a choice, I will go for a quality hatch than compromised sedans like Dzire, Amaze, Xcent etc. No offense to any one please. http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/honda-...-drive-review/
Your post is based on three assumptions-

1. Diesel should be made more refined- Wont happen. If city didn't get it, neither will the cheaper Jazz.

2. Price likely to be less than Amaze sedan- Wont happen. Amaze, based on brio platform, itself shouts cheap. Adopting an international platform to such pricing levels will only mean one thing- even cheaper quality- which won't be acceptable.

3. Jazz fans will prefer the new Jazz against pseudo sedans at similar price- Considering the top end Jazz is 2L OTR cheaper than top end City- it will still be competing against top end Vento/ Rapid (Bangalore pricing)!. Will a Jazz fan pick a 1.2 petrol/ 1.5 utilitarian diesel Jazz against a 1.2 TSi/ 1.6TDi remains to be seen.

Top end Amaze costs 4.5L less than top end City in Bangalore. Tough to achieve this pricing for a city minus boot.

I feel Honda should just concentrate on the niche market that prefers a QUALITY hatch over a sedan, rather than try to bring in numbers.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2014, 09:38   #2234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
...Once 2014 Jazz is launched, it should become segment leader, as new City...
The Jazz overthrowing the Swift and becoming the segment topper is a little too optimistic.
Honda has its production constrains to deal with. The Amaze is steadily doing 6-8 k per month, the City sales are picking up month by month. Read elsewhere that City sold >9k units in March (waiting for TBHP stats to confirm). The Mobilio being the MPV, and based on the cheaper Brio platform should be cheaper for Honda to make, and should have more market demand. The production of the late comer Jazz is definitely going to get affected, and I have a bad feeling that she will always remain the neglected Honda child!
Geo_Ipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2014, 09:42   #2235
BHPian

Exactly, the jazz has always been a class apart from other hatchbacks. I don't think honda should expect big numbers even from the new jazz. They should keep the quality level high and then target the car to those who are willing to pay the premium for a fully equipped top quality hatchback which is currently rare in our price conscious country. Lets see what honda has for India.
smarth.katyal is offline   Reply With Quote