Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2011, 19:50   #991
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 297
Thanked: 35 Times
Default

So where are the official reviews of the jazz? Last I remember, the original jazz review came up after an event where tbhp was invited. No such invites this time?

Looking forward to a swift vs jazz comparo.
herculesksp is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2011, 11:02   #992
Team-BHP Support
 
Vid6639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,471
Thanked: 19,383 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

There's no major change from the initial version. Front/rear bumpers and a redesigned headlamp along with some chrome and beige interiors. The original review holds good and it has been changed as well to reflect the new pricing.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2011, 13:42   #993
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 46
Thanked: 2 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Hi, I am planning to buy the Jazz in the next couple of weeks. I was impressed by the no features and the FE. But I assume resale of this vehicle will be bad.

And with the Brio launching soon, does anyone think there will be a further reduction in the Jazz price? Or are the dealers giving discounts especially in Hyd?

Any views? Tx.
yeggina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2011, 14:53   #994
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: hyderabad
Posts: 229
Thanked: 41 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeggina View Post
Hi, I am planning to buy the Jazz in the next couple of weeks. I was impressed by the no features and the FE. But I assume resale of this vehicle will be bad.

And with the Brio launching soon, does anyone think there will be a further reduction in the Jazz price? Or are the dealers giving discounts especially in Hyd?

Any views? Tx.
Hi Yeggina,

I have seen the new Jazz last week in Pride Honda showroom. Overall its a good choice if you are looking for a petrol. No discounts from dealer side, they said may be 5K corporate discount can be given. Waiting period now was around 3 months (if we book now, delivery can be around december 1st week). For your information following are the on road prices,

Jazz - 662015
Jazz select - 690875
Jazz X - MT - 718580 + 8000 (mandatory accessory kit for Jazz X)

Standard warranty is for 2 yrs / 40K km's. For 3rd year/60K km's additional warranty - 3000/- and for 4 year/80K km's - 6200.

In hyderabad rta there is new rule i.e if already any vehicle is registered in your name, for 2nd vehicle you have to pay 14% life tax instead of 12%. So we need to register the vehicle in some one else name (wife, son etc...). For 14% tax add another 10-12 K as life tax

Thanks,
Srinivas.R
sriswe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2011, 20:36   #995
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 119
Thanked: 16 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeggina View Post
Hi, I am planning to buy the Jazz in the next couple of weeks. I was impressed by the no features and the FE. But I assume resale of this vehicle will be bad.
Re resale value - I dont see any reason for the resale value to be bad at the revised purchase price. Only people who bought the car at a significantly higher price will take a hit. Just my 2 cents.
crisscross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2011, 16:10   #996
BHPian
 
frequentflyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 222
Thanked: 33 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

I test drove the Jazz, and for good measure, the City. The City has the required power to go on the Highway, the Jazz falls short. Otherwise, the Jazz is a delight. I read today that a new City is in the offing later this year, and if this is the case, it explains the dealer discounts on the existing City!
frequentflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2011, 17:13   #997
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 46
Thanked: 2 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Thanks Crisscross, Srinivas.

The 3 month waiting period is a killjoy. With so many new cars available with a shorter waiting period, a 3 month waiting period for an existing model is too long.


Quote:
Originally Posted by sriswe View Post
Hi Yeggina,

I have seen the new Jazz last week in Pride Honda showroom. Overall its a good choice if you are looking for a petrol. No discounts from dealer side, they said may be 5K corporate discount can be given. Waiting period now was around 3 months (if we book now, delivery can be around december 1st week). For your information following are the on road prices,

Jazz - 662015
Jazz select - 690875
Jazz X - MT - 718580 + 8000 (mandatory accessory kit for Jazz X)

Standard warranty is for 2 yrs / 40K km's. For 3rd year/60K km's additional warranty - 3000/- and for 4 year/80K km's - 6200.

In hyderabad rta there is new rule i.e if already any vehicle is registered in your name, for 2nd vehicle you have to pay 14% life tax instead of 12%. So we need to register the vehicle in some one else name (wife, son etc...). For 14% tax add another 10-12 K as life tax

Thanks,
Srinivas.R
yeggina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2011, 23:28   #998
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Pune / Mumbai
Posts: 112
Thanked: 14 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeggina View Post
Thanks Crisscross, Srinivas.

The 3 month waiting period is a killjoy. With so many new cars available with a shorter waiting period, a 3 month waiting period for an existing model is too long.
Im not sure how long this waiting period will last!
Proabably on the launch of Brio, it may just get cut down!
freak1201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2011, 08:15   #999
BHPian
 
frequentflyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 222
Thanked: 33 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

I think the Jazz waiting period may take a slight dip when the Brio hits the market, specially since both cars have the same engines and the Brio's weight makes it peppier.
frequentflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2011, 11:27   #1000
BHPian
 
vigneshA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 198
Thanked: 34 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Pricing: Honda's pricing has been a shocker and, at 6.98 lakhs (ex showroom Delhi) doesn't offer value. The difference between the top-end Jazz and the entry level City is a mere 48,000 (City 1.5 E MT @ 7.81 lakhs). The Jazz's pricetag actually makes the Hyundai i20 seem like VFM. Even the full blown i20 Asta (O) is a whopping 1.2 lakhs cheaper (ex showroom Delhi), and that's with FAR superior equipment levels (6 airbags et al). Can a clever car & the "H" badge do some magic in the marketplace? Only time will tell.
This also needs editing..
Also new car pics alongside the old ones would complete the exercise.

Last edited by vigneshA : 2nd September 2011 at 11:29. Reason: Elaborated the request.
vigneshA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2011, 21:01   #1001
Newbie
 
avikannan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: bangalore
Posts: 19
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Hi,
Anybody out here who hav booked new jazz n waiting? I booked 1around 15days , but now looks like wil have to wait more. Sales person told me that honda is conc on brio n hence jazz production is less.

Anybody facing similar problem?

Cheers,
Avinash
avikannan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2011, 21:36   #1002
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 48
Thanked: 49 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Hi,

I have read about Jazz hybrid available in the international market, any idea whether it would show up in India soon? Would pricing be a problem?

Cheers...venks
venks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2011, 22:37   #1003
BHPian
 
frequentflyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 222
Thanked: 33 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

When I took a test drive of the Jazz two weeks or so ago, they were already telling us it will take two months for the delivery of the Jazz. So unless you had a pre existing booking of the old Jazz, it is unlikely to come so soon.
frequentflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2011, 22:45   #1004
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 127
Thanked: 26 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

I booked 10 days ago and was told the delivery would happen in 45-50 days. Now I hear its 3 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avikannan View Post
Hi,
Anybody out here who hav booked new jazz n waiting? I booked 1around 15days , but now looks like wil have to wait more. Sales person told me that honda is conc on brio n hence jazz production is less.

Anybody facing similar problem?

Cheers,
Avinash
maverhick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2011, 12:51   #1005
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 46
Thanked: 2 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Yes. I am being told that there is a three month waiting period. I wanted to book the basic(Standard) version as there are not many bookings for that. But now I am being told that production for this car has not even started.

While somewhere in this thread, it says that production for the basic version will start in the first week of Sep.

Does anyone have insight into this?
yeggina is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen) JayPrashanth The Indian Car Scene 1642 8th July 2015 14:03
Honda issues recall for faulty power window switch on 2nd-Gen City Achyuth Vaibhav The Indian Car Scene 13 3rd July 2013 09:46
Honda to raise car prices, and Jazz launch soon. EDIT : Jazz spotted testing on pg.14 GeekSrik The Indian Car Scene 463 9th March 2010 11:17
Honda/Toyota cars considered very boring by 2nd Gen NRI kids? pgsagar The International Automotive Scene 23 6th February 2010 21:11


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:19.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks