Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 3rd October 2011, 18:44   #1096
BHPian

Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsadani View Post
I am unable to understand Honda's strategy here.
There is no strategy involved here buddy, It is because of the casualty in japan that certain components are taking time to be delivered.

But because of higher localization in a few months the production will increase.
Furebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2011, 10:39   #1097
BHPian

A pic to help decide the silver version. Here is a Select, I took delivery of.

A tip. Bargain hard on the insurance. There are many deductions (Zone A vs Zone B, Anti Theft Device, Normal vs Zero Dep).

TATA AIG even offers NCB for the next year even when you make a claim in a particular year. They are not tied up with Honda under its Honda Assurance package though.

Disappointed with the doors. Need to slam them hard to close.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz-img2011100300917.jpg  

yeggina is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2011, 11:53   #1098
BHPian

There seems to be a Bait & Switch strategy at the dealer end at least, if not official Honda strategy. The dealer I went to yesterday did not even have Display/TD Jazz vehicle and was hell bent on upselling me to the City.
Am not really sire there is a major supply side constraint on parts--City and Jazz share a lot of components, and Brio has the same engine, and Honda is producing decent numbers of those cars ? Looks like deliberate on Honda part-though the logic ( if any?) behind it completely eludes me !
After the Honda fiasco, I went to the nearby Toyota showroom and TD'd the Etios Sedan.
It is not as bad as all the reports of "cheap etc" were making it out . I had driven over in the family Honda City, and relative to the Honda City, the Etios had a much better Handling on bumpy roads, cornering, as well as low end grunt. The City stalls at low speeds when driving in start/stop traffic wit AC on full blast, the Etios pulled away very steadily. What i did not like was the noise insulation, and the Dashboard--it is just plain tacky.
paragpatankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2011, 17:25   #1099

I guess there are some fellow Team BHP members who have already taken delivery of the new Jazz. Somebody please start an ownership thread.
rsadani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2011, 17:04   #1100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragpatankar View Post
After the Honda fiasco, I went to the nearby Toyota showroom and TD'd the Etios Sedan.
Could you please comment on the seat heights of the Jazz and the Etios?

The Jazz's overall height is 25 mm more than the Etios but the GC is 10 mm less. So I' assuming the seat heights to be more or less at par.

My dad needs the car to be easy to get into.
Geo_Ipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2011, 17:28   #1101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
Could you please comment on the seat heights of the Jazz and the Etios?

The Jazz's overall height is 25 mm more than the Etios but the GC is 10 mm less. So I' assuming the seat heights to be more or less at par.

My dad needs the car to be easy to get into.
No experience with the Etios, I am 5' 7"" I can walk up to the Jazz and get on the seats without crouching, much like in a Wagon R or an Indica.
indivic is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2011, 17:33   #1102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
No experience with the Etios, I am 5' 7"" I can walk up to the Jazz and get on the seats without crouching, much like in a Wagon R or an Indica.
Thanks for the input mate!
Dad's 6'2" - I jus wanna be doubly sure.
Geo_Ipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2011, 17:58   #1103

Went to Dakshin Honda at Hosur Road to check the Brio and Jazz and the on-road prices. To my shock the sales guy told me that the waiting period of Jazz is 6 months and for Brio is 2 months. They don't even have a Jazz on display. Booking amt for Brio is around 22k and 10% will be charged if the booking is cancelled. I asked him about the features of base model of Brio and he kept on telling me the features which i won't get . As a festive offer they are giving free insurance on Jazz and City, no offers on Brio.
Furman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2011, 19:04   #1104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furman View Post
Went to Dakshin Honda at Hosur Road to check the Brio and Jazz and the on-road prices. To my shock the sales guy told me that the waiting period of Jazz is 6 months and for Brio is 2 months. They don't even have a Jazz on display. Booking amt for Brio is around 22k and 10% will be charged if the booking is cancelled. I asked him about the features of base model of Brio and he kept on telling me the features which i won't get . As a festive offer they are giving free insurance on Jazz and City, no offers on Brio.
Magnum Honda on Kanakpura Road had the new Jazz on display (well atleast they had it few weeks ago). For TD, they have only the older Jazz. Quite disappointed and don't understand what Honda is upto. They don't seem to even have enough new Jazz produced even for display and TD

I see good amount of interest in Jazz in this thread, but the lack of display/TD vehicles and waiting periods make me wonder how interested/serious Honda itself is about it. In three minds as to what i should do.

IMHO, they should have delayed the price cut and created a buzz once they had their supply-side problems sorted out. Right now, they have created both interest and anxiety

The free insurance offer is interesting, guess that should save about 15-20K. Any idea how long this offer is running ?
akj123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2011, 19:41   #1105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furman
Free insurance on the jazz? Are you sure about this. Members on the forum who have taken delivery haven't got any such offers.
funkyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2011, 21:07   #1106
BHPian

I guess with Honda's current strategy(i.e. lack of adequate production capacity), the Honda Jazz should hold the record for having the longest waiting period for a Petrol powered car in the country today.
antz.bin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2011, 21:31   #1107
Senior - BHPian

There is simply no offer at all on the Jazz or Brio as per my inquiries. Only on City/Civic, etc. On the contrary, the dealers are asking large booking amounts and long waiting periods.
sandeep108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2011, 21:34   #1108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post
I guess with Honda's current strategy(i.e. lack of adequate production capacity), the Honda Jazz should hold the record for having the longest waiting period for a Petrol powered car in the country today.
I also got the same reply from Hallmark Honda - Thane, that waiting period is of 6 months. He also said to visit showroom to discus on the waiting period and to see and TD the Jazz. I am visiting the showroom on saturday morning.
_Vyenky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2011, 21:36   #1109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108
There is simply no offer at all on the Jazz or Brio as per my inquiries. Only on City/Civic, etc. On the contrary, the dealers are asking large booking amounts and long waiting periods.
Totally agree. I booked a Jazz X yesterday at Linkway Hona Mumbai and they even refused to waive a 1.5% charge if I paid the booking amount by credit card.

I was hoping to at least enjoy the points on my card since the dealer said no to any discounts/ freebies.
vinod332002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2011, 21:59   #1110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108
Exactly what I have seen. That's what surprised me when I read about free insurance. That's a good 17k off for a car Which currently has 6 months in waiting!
funkyp is offline   Reply With Quote