Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2011, 22:33   #1186
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 22
Thanked: 4 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Here are some pictures of the UT Jazz Select that I took delivery of yesterday.

My quick initial review:

What I liked(in that order):
1. Generous Space - All over - Leg space, Storage space, Boot space, Cubbyholes. Truly Sedan class - to borrow Tata's punchline.
2. Premium interiors - High quality plastics, upholstery, Knobs and buttons etc
3. Highly practical - Magic seats, Recline rear seats
4. Smooth, Quiet drive

What I miss:
1. Bluetooth
2. Auto door locking feature
Attached Images
   
rsadani is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2011, 22:43   #1187
Distinguished - BHPian
 
volkman10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: --
Posts: 10,065
Thanked: 15,605 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsadani View Post
Here are some pictures of the UT Jazz Select that I took delivery of yesterday.
Congrats and nice color.
Post your ownership review with pics.

Cheers!
volkman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2011, 13:34   #1188
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 18
Thanked: 2 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

@rsadani, congrats. When did you book it?
bhairavp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2011, 23:00   #1189
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 145
Thanked: 109 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Qs for the Bangalore junta:

1. Did any of you get to TD the new Jazz at any of the dealers in Bangalore ?
2. Do any of the dealers have the Jazz "X" on display, so that one can check out the blue-black interiors and exteriors, and compare it with "select" ?

Asking because havent been able to arrange for TD yet. One of the dealers i tried has older Jazz, and it seems to tough to get a TD for it too. The TD vehicle for other dealer has gone for some body-work repairs
akj123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2011, 23:21   #1190
BHPian
 
ankurvirmani19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 249
Thanked: 76 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsadani View Post
Here are some pictures of the UT Jazz Select that I took delivery of yesterday.
Congrats for the new member in your family.
Looking forward for a detailed review from your side.

btw how much OTR did it cost?
ankurvirmani19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2011, 23:22   #1191
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 22
Thanked: 4 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhairavp View Post
@rsadani, congrats. When did you book it?
I booked on August 31st. Was originally promised delivery on or before Dusshera (Oct 6th). Got delayed by about 10 days. Not bad.
rsadani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2011, 23:24   #1192
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 22
Thanked: 4 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankurvirmani19 View Post
Congrats for the new member in your family.
Looking forward for a detailed review from your side.

btw how much OTR did it cost?
Thanks. OTR in Pune was Rs 660852. Got Rs 5000 corporate discount.
rsadani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2011, 13:53   #1193
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 27
Thanked: 5 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by akj123 View Post
Qs for the Bangalore junta:

1. Did any of you get to TD the new Jazz at any of the dealers in Bangalore ?
2. Do any of the dealers have the Jazz "X" on display, so that one can check out the blue-black interiors and exteriors, and compare it with "select" ?

Asking because havent been able to arrange for TD yet. One of the dealers i tried has older Jazz, and it seems to tough to get a TD for it too. The TD vehicle for other dealer has gone for some body-work repairs
Qn 1: No. Only the old Jazz was available
Qn 2: I booked my Jazz X without looking at a Jazz X display model. I would certainly say that the color may not fit all exterior body colors. I bought a silver one and hence kind of matches.
raghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2011, 17:34   #1194
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,007
Thanked: 229 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Beige interiors and kids definitely do not go together. So I opted for the Jazz X. Other alternative was to go for seat covers, but then you do not get (and cannot add) any of the X features, like fogs, folding OVRMs, seat height adjuster, etc.
sandeep108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2011, 20:59   #1195
Distinguished - BHPian
 
vb-san's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: S'pore/Thrissur
Posts: 4,699
Thanked: 3,891 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Looks like you read the future, vb my friend.

Booked the Jazz X earlier today, at the insistence of my Dad. Delivery expected in mid-December.

Will be booking a sedan in January as well.
Congratulations Raven! I knew it will end up in a Jazz

If I remember, you started with the queries on the Jazz, and now finally booked that. What colour you’ve chosen? And the Sedan search is also for a Petrol option?

Note: Did not want to hijack Aaren’s thread and hence replied here. All the best!
vb-san is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2011, 23:35   #1196
Distinguished - BHPian
 
RavenAvi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Flying Around
Posts: 5,375
Thanked: 28,351 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Congratulations Raven! I knew it will end up in a Jazz.

If I remember, you started with the queries on the Jazz, and now finally booked that. What colour you’ve chosen? And the Sedan search is also for a Petrol option?

Note: Did not want to hijack Aaren’s thread and hence replied here. All the best!
Thanks, my friend!

Yep, a 6-month quest finally came to an end. Booked the Jazz X yesterday afternoon.
Urban Titanium color as well. Wanted the Rallye Red but Dad said red didn't suit me astrologically.
Paid 25K Booking Amount, and expecting delivery in mid-December (tentative date). It might stretch to January, although I have told them I will cancel the booking if I don't get the car by first week of January.
Got 10K Corporate Discount and haggled really, really hard with the dealer and got him to toss in the side-step illuminated garnishes in the deal as well. Both in writing.

Slightly OT - Yes, the sedan will also be a petrol. My driving is pretty much limited to around 400-500 kms a month and petrol should do fine.
It will be booked in January 2012, and right now it looks to be either the Vento Highline or the City V. (leaning towards the former)

Last edited by RavenAvi : 20th October 2011 at 23:37.
RavenAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2011, 07:59   #1197
Distinguished - BHPian
 
vb-san's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: S'pore/Thrissur
Posts: 4,699
Thanked: 3,891 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Thanks, my friend!

Yep, a 6-month quest finally came to an end. Booked the Jazz X yesterday afternoon.
Urban Titanium color as well. Wanted the Rallye Red but Dad said red didn't suit me astrologically.
Paid 25K Booking Amount, and expecting delivery in mid-December (tentative date). It might stretch to January, although I have told them I will cancel the booking if I don't get the car by first week of January.
Got 10K Corporate Discount and haggled really, really hard with the dealer and got him to toss in the side-step illuminated garnishes in the deal as well. Both in writing.
That’s great. The Red Jazz X is more youthful, but the Honda UB shade has a certain class. Good choice! Not a bad job with the discounts and freebies, especially considering the fact that Jazz is much in demand now. I guess the education in MSB (Mdsaab School or Bargaining) helped

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi;
Slightly OT - Yes, the sedan will also be a petrol. My driving is pretty much limited to around 400-500 kms a month and petrol should do fine.
It will be booked in January 2012, and right now it looks to be either the Vento Highline or the City V. (leaning towards the former)
On the OT, for the petrol sedan, I will suggest you to wait a bit more than Jan 2012 (especially if you are aligned towards the VW). The dealer in my place mentioned that Jetta will come with 1.4TSI early 2012. Once the smaller TSI range is in India, who knows, probably they may introduce 1.2TSI in the Vento
vb-san is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2011, 08:45   #1198
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 22
Thanked: 4 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post
Beige interiors and kids definitely do not go together.
Absolutely agree. I realized this first time when I went to take delivery of my Select Jazz and my one year old son decided that the rear seat is his playground.
rsadani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2011, 10:39   #1199
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 145
Thanked: 109 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu View Post
Qn 1: No. Only the old Jazz was available
Qn 2: I booked my Jazz X without looking at a Jazz X display model. I would certainly say that the color may not fit all exterior body colors. I bought a silver one and hence kind of matches.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post
Beige interiors and kids definitely do not go together. So I opted for the Jazz X. Other alternative was to go for seat covers, but then you do not get (and cannot add) any of the X features, like fogs, folding OVRMs, seat height adjuster, etc.
Thanks guyz.

Yes, I was also keen on "X" for the additional features, but want to atleast have a look and test drive of what I'm booking. I think i'll wait for sometime and see if situation improves. Will also drop a mail to honda customer care, let's see if they have a response.
akj123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2011, 14:10   #1200
BHPian
 
SedatedDrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Concord, NH
Posts: 263
Thanked: 130 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

SA at Sundaram Honda, Chennai reported that booking for the Jazz has been officially stopped due to the current 3-month long waiting period.

Can anyone else confirm this?
SedatedDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen) JayPrashanth The Indian Car Scene 1642 8th July 2015 14:03
Honda issues recall for faulty power window switch on 2nd-Gen City Achyuth Vaibhav The Indian Car Scene 13 3rd July 2013 09:46
Honda to raise car prices, and Jazz launch soon. EDIT : Jazz spotted testing on pg.14 GeekSrik The Indian Car Scene 463 9th March 2010 11:17
Honda/Toyota cars considered very boring by 2nd Gen NRI kids? pgsagar The International Automotive Scene 23 6th February 2010 21:11


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:35.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks