Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2011, 12:46   #1246
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: chennai
Posts: 11
Thanked: 0 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall-e View Post
Nope not yet, still waiting :( .I have paid the complete Ex-showroom price.I did my booking on august 24th.when was your booking done ? Has your vehicle reached the dealer? who's is the Sales person you are dealing with at capital honda?
I did my booking on 19th August and took delivery on Oct 3rd. Had to settle for the Select, though, as against the X I had set my heart on. Kudos to the CapitalHonda OMR staff who went to great lengths to ensure delivery ontime despite the unusually heavy showers in Chennai.
bobcray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2011, 19:55   #1247
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 66
Thanked: 10 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcray View Post
I did my booking on 19th August and took delivery on Oct 3rd. Had to settle for the Select, though, as against the X I had set my heart on. Kudos to the CapitalHonda OMR staff who went to great lengths to ensure delivery ontime despite the unusually heavy showers in Chennai.
Congratulations.Good to see some deliveries happening despite the supply front issues.What colour is it? were there any discounts? Hope to see a ownership thread from you soon.
Wall-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2011, 21:12   #1248
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 104
Thanked: 46 Times
Default

Got a call from Linkway Honda, Mumbai appraising me of the flood situation. The scheduled delivery of my jazz X was in Feb He said they hope to be able to meet it. He also said they'd call me in the last week of Nov since Honda would have completely assessed the situation by then and would be able to advise on availability.

He stressed on the Jazz being on production lines now and in the future and that the delays in delivery were no indication of a possible calling-off of the product.
vinod332002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2011, 23:09   #1249
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 11
Thanked: 0 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcray View Post
I did my booking on 19th August and took delivery on Oct 3rd. Had to settle for the Select, though, as against the X I had set my heart on. Kudos to the CapitalHonda OMR staff who went to great lengths to ensure delivery ontime despite the unusually heavy showers in Chennai.
Congratulations on getting the Jazz. Which color did you get. Unfortunately i did not have the same luck, i booked Jazz Select on Aug 21st and still no signs of getting my car. The dealer offered a White or a silver variant, but i have stuck to getting a red one...What tyres did you get on your jazz? Will you be getting the Jazz X bumper later?
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2011, 23:18   #1250
Senior - BHPian
 
Epic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,246
Thanked: 334 Times
Default 2011 Jazz - Waiting Period 09 Months!!??

Hi guys,

I am glad to see this thread. I had gone to Apex Honda today at Santacruz, Mumbai for the Jazz. Firstly, they didn't even have a display car, forget about a test drive car. I am sold on the Jazz but when I inquired about it, I was sort of discouraged by the sales guy to not buy the Jazz and instead buy the Brio. I am pretty sure it is a sales gimmick to help sell the Brio but I was told that the waiting period is 09 months of the Jazz and that they have stopped taking bookings for it. Anyone know where I can can get delivery faster? I don't mind 03 months.
Epic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2011, 02:17   #1251
BHPian
 
ethanhunt123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 866
Thanked: 239 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic
Hi guys,

I am glad to see this thread. I had gone to Apex Honda today at Santacruz, Mumbai for the Jazz. Firstly, they didn't even have a display car, forget about a test drive car. I am sold on the Jazz but when I inquired about it, I was sort of discouraged by the sales guy to not buy the Jazz and instead buy the Brio. I am pretty sure it is a sales gimmick to help sell the Brio but I was told that the waiting period is 09 months of the Jazz and that they have stopped taking bookings for it. Anyone know where I can can get delivery faster? I don't mind 03 months.
Similar waiting periods of Jazz are being quoted here in Blr. I guess the Thailand floods have hit Honda very hard.

Jazz is a superb car, but maybe not worth waiting 9 months. I suggest look at Polo / Fabia / i20.
ethanhunt123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2011, 17:07   #1252
Senior - BHPian
 
Epic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,246
Thanked: 334 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Similar waiting periods of Jazz are being quoted here in Blr. I guess the Thailand floods have hit Honda very hard.

Jazz is a superb car, but maybe not worth waiting 9 months. I suggest look at Polo / Fabia / i20.
My second option is the Swift or the Polo 1.6. I loved the Swift during my test drive and the Zxi at 6.45L is total VFM. I did'nt find the Polo 1.6 to be worth the price at 7.35L on road with barely any features. At that price which is more that the top of the line Jazz which is 7.14L on road, it did'nt have steering audio controls or climate control. Hell, it did'nt even have a console to control all 4 power windows from the driver's side which is unbelievable!!

I cannot even think of the Polo 1.2. or the Fabia specifically due to the 3 cylinder engines. A neighbour of mine has a brand new Polo 1.2 Petrol and I mistook it for a diesel due to the engine nosie it produces. I could'nt believe it was a petrol car. The i20 is also a good option but I am bored of seeing so many on the road.
Epic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2011, 18:41   #1253
BHPian
 
ethanhunt123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 866
Thanked: 239 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic

My second option is the Swift or the Polo 1.6. I loved the Swift during my test drive and the Zxi at 6.45L is total VFM. I did'nt find the Polo 1.6 to be worth the price at 7.35L on road with barely any features. At that price which is more that the top of the line Jazz which is 7.14L on road, it did'nt have steering audio controls or climate control. Hell, it did'nt even have a console to control all 4 power windows from the driver's side which is unbelievable!!

I cannot even think of the Polo 1.2. or the Fabia specifically due to the 3 cylinder engines. A neighbour of mine has a brand new Polo 1.2 Petrol and I mistook it for a diesel due to the engine nosie it produces. I could'nt believe it was a petrol car. The i20 is also a good option but I am bored of seeing so many on the road.
Fabia 1.6 is cheaper I guess with same features as Polo. You can check that out.
ethanhunt123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2011, 18:49   #1254
BHPian
 
sunnyworld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: UK, Delhi, BLR
Posts: 37
Thanked: Once
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Fabia 1.6 is cheaper I guess with same features as Polo. You can check that out.
By chance, any idea what is the mileage of Fabia 1.6 ?
sunnyworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2011, 23:12   #1255
BHPian
 
ethanhunt123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 866
Thanked: 239 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyworld

By chance, any idea what is the mileage of Fabia 1.6 ?
Depends on your right foot my friend gets 12-13 in Blr and 15-16 on highway, but he is extremely FE conscious.
ethanhunt123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2011, 09:51   #1256
BHPian
 
funkyp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 456
Thanked: 92 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyworld View Post
By chance, any idea what is the mileage of Fabia 1.6 ?
i have a couple of friends who get about 10 in bangalore city traffic on the polo 1.6. i am assuming that fabia would give something similar. In any case, i dont expect it to deliver more than 11 in bumper to bumper traffic as the VW/Skoda petrol engines are not really fuel effecient.

However, if you are looking at a powerful hatch, look no further.
funkyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2011, 13:21   #1257
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: chennai
Posts: 11
Thanked: 0 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
Congratulations on getting the Jazz. Which color did you get. Unfortunately i did not have the same luck, i booked Jazz Select on Aug 21st and still no signs of getting my car. The dealer offered a White or a silver variant, but i have stuck to getting a red one...What tyres did you get on your jazz? Will you be getting the Jazz X bumper later?
Thanks. Settled for the white with goodyears- seem ok to me.No, I am not getting the X bumper.
bobcray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2011, 00:43   #1258
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 66
Thanked: 10 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Gurus, My UT jazz select has arrived at dealer.Yipeee .Did inspection today and everything looks fine.

Planning for the accessories is like being in a candy shop and deciding which one to buy. Thinking to get the following done at the dealer.

Reverse sensor - 4 nos - Rs 5700
3m sunfilm hp-35 - Rs 4985(window glass+ small glass area near front window+ trunk glass+quarter glass)
Under chassis painting - Rs 5600
Seat cover - Dealer has no seat cover, planning to get it done outside.
Extended warranty +RSA

Are the prices ok ,or am i getting robbed?

I was told that insurance is not bumper to bumper and gave example like front and rear bumper will not be covered under my current insurance policy, may be thats why its called bumper to bumper insurance .My question is what else will not be covered if i don't go for bumper to bumper coverage? Dealer is quoting extra Rs 7000 from bumper to bumper coverage.Is it worth spending 7000 on that?
Wall-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2011, 01:39   #1259
Senior - BHPian
 
mail4ajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,834
Thanked: 222 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Reverse sensors is a waste on the Jazz unless you are really paranoid. I upgraded from Alto and never felt that the sensors were required. Excellant all around visibility.
mail4ajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2011, 09:36   #1260
BHPian
 
funkyp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 456
Thanked: 92 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall-e View Post
Gurus, My UT jazz select has arrived at dealer.Yipeee .Did inspection today and everything looks fine.

Planning for the accessories is like being in a candy shop and deciding which one to buy. Thinking to get the following done at the dealer.

Reverse sensor - 4 nos - Rs 5700: agree with ajo on this. with the compact dimensions and excellent visiblity, may not be required. i suggest you dont get it done now, and if required, can get it during the 1st service.

3m sunfilm hp-35 - Rs 4985(window glass+ small glass area near front window+ trunk glass+quarter glass): See if you can get the front windscreen film also. will be about 6k for 3m, but will drastically cut down heat.

Under chassis painting - Rs 5600: no idea on this.

Seat cover - Dealer has no seat cover, planning to get it done outside.
Extended warranty +RSA

Are the prices ok ,or am i getting robbed?

I was told that insurance is not bumper to bumper and gave example like front and rear bumper will not be covered under my current insurance policy, may be thats why its called bumper to bumper insurance .My question is what else will not be covered if i don't go for bumper to bumper coverage? Dealer is quoting extra Rs 7000 from bumper to bumper coverage.Is it worth spending 7000 on that?
first of all, congrats!! your wait has finally come to an end hope to see a detailed owensership report and lots of pics soon.

my thoughts on the accessories above.

i do not buy the 'bumper not covered' in the insurance. the honda assure insurance, about 17k for the jazz, cover all the parts. You will not get 100% claim for bumpers and other plastic parts. it will vary from 50% to 70%.

What you can additionally buy is 0 dep insurance, which will give you 100% claim on even plastic parts. This is for an additional 4k.

A similar 0 dep insurance taken outside (like tata) will be about 17k, so u save 4k.
funkyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen) JayPrashanth The Indian Car Scene 1642 8th July 2015 14:03
Honda issues recall for faulty power window switch on 2nd-Gen City Achyuth Vaibhav The Indian Car Scene 13 3rd July 2013 09:46
Honda to raise car prices, and Jazz launch soon. EDIT : Jazz spotted testing on pg.14 GeekSrik The Indian Car Scene 463 9th March 2010 11:17
Honda/Toyota cars considered very boring by 2nd Gen NRI kids? pgsagar The International Automotive Scene 23 6th February 2010 21:11


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:34.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks