Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 17th August 2009, 16:23   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneeshanand View Post
need a change in the headlight bulbs for sure, but only after getting an impression of the stock ones. that is the right step, isn't it?
You wont be getting too much of an impression of the stock lights, cause using those things you wont be able to see too far ahead of you!
If your worried about warranty(like I was), go for the philips power xtreme 60W bulbs. They are better than the stock lights, but still pretty disappointing. Ultimately I used them for a few months and shifted over to the 100/90w bulbs which are serving me well now.
pras.oct25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2009, 20:38   #47
BHPian

Default thank you

hi

thank you for your advice. I'm also looking for those Philips 100/90. how much it cost, any idea?
aneeshanand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2009, 21:23   #48
BHPian

you should go for hids in fogs n main beams.i went for 4300 k ones and am very very satisfied in my verna.
drchernish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2009, 21:41   #49
BHPian

Quote:
hi

thank you for your advice. I'm also looking for those Philips 100/90. how much it cost, any idea?
Including wiring kit, bulbs and service charge it should be around 950 or 1000 bucks maximum. Dont quite remember the exact break up anymore.
Old 20th August 2009, 21:59   #50
BHPian

What is the fe you guys are getting from your crdi's ????

Asking because my car had run only 5500 kmtrs in 8 months and i am getting 10 to 10.5 with very light food drivind in delhi city .
NOTORIOUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2009, 22:09   #51
BHPian

Jaspreet Ji 10.5 is pretty less. I am getting around 13-13.5 in city. this includes some spirited runs as well.
live2drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2009, 22:16   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
@predator - would like to add here that while I think that the 185 on the top end verna is good enough to make you feel relatively comfortable, I still dont think it is "adequate". I have driven Shyam's getz with the 195/65/r14s and I think the handling is marvellous when compared to my verna. You can do stuff in that car that you cant dare do in the verna with 185s. Not to forget that a bigger wheelbase might help with giving the steering a heavier feel at higher speeds. I have done close to 10k now, and I am contemplating a change of tires, even if it means I dont get much back for the tires that I have used.
The bottom line - for the power of the verna, no wheel base is too less!
i concur with pras in this count . but pras you simply cannot compare the handling of a sedan to a hatchback its too unfair i am running 195/65/r14 on my 6J alloys. 195s seems sufficient to me but sadly only couple of companies make tyres in 195/65 /R14 i had to lobby around with Yoko guys to get myself a set of A Drives which is giving me the chills now. Gotta take a look at those AD7s

Another thing is that as you run in your car past the 40k mark you will notice that the car handles better thats because the struts are reaching end of life and are giving you a stiffer ride. the struts positively will have to be replaced at 60-70k. my car now at 70,000 KMS and on its second set of struts all changed under warranty ( extended) i changed at the 60k service. Do remember that the suspension parts run out of warranty at 60K KMS so be sure to get them covered under warranty.

Quote:
Happy Independence day !!!
By the way, all are welcome to my marriage ceremony at Alleppy, Kerala on 24th August...
Aneesh congrats on you car as well as you ur wedding , may you have long and satisfying relationships in both cases for a looooong time !

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
you should go for hids in fogs n main beams.i went for 4300 k ones and am very very satisfied in my verna.
Drchernish , can you post some pictures of your setup ? or have you posted pictures somewhere else on teambhp.

i tried the setup on my headlight with the HIDs and the spread was way too much and glare on oncoming traffic was un manageable. So now i am also looking for HID setup , a retrofit with a Bi Xenon projector lamp. Now i am running 130W / 110W .. In the setup that you suggested ok lets say a 55w HID on the fogs and a 55W HID on the main beam you still only drawing 50% from the car electrical and they also run a hell lot cooler that the halogens. I am all for them but without projectors i will be hurting the oncoming traffic tooo much .

Last edited by hellstar : 20th August 2009 at 22:25.
hellstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2009, 11:15   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
i concur with pras in this count . but pras you simply cannot compare the handling of a sedan to a hatchback its too unfair i am running 195/65/r14 on my 6J alloys. 195s seems sufficient to me but sadly only couple of companies make tyres in 195/65 /R14 i had to lobby around with Yoko guys to get myself a set of A Drives which is giving me the chills now. Gotta take a look at those AD7s
@hellstar - can you elaborate a bit more on the "chills" part? What problem exactly are you having with the yoko tires, and how different do you find the handling with the older tires to the new ones?
Old 21st August 2009, 12:16   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
What is the fe you guys are getting from your crdi's ????

Asking because my car had run only 5500 kmtrs in 8 months and i am getting 10 to 10.5 with very light food drivind in delhi city .
How old is your car? My car gave me the same mileage in the first 2-3 months, then improved to about 13-13.5. Same as what Live2drive gets. And I'm no pussyfooting driver, I tend to drive the car hard.

Quote:
195s seems sufficient to me but sadly only couple of companies make tyres in 195/65 /R14 i had to lobby around with Yoko guys to get myself a set of A Drives which is giving me the chills now. Gotta take a look at those AD7s
Hellstar, my personal suggestion would be to avoid AD7s. A Drives are extremely silent tires (my Indica has them) and they're good all rounders. Fitting AD7s may give you an edge at extreme speeds, but at sedate speeds the noise will drive you mad.

Quote:
The struts positively will have to be replaced at 60-70k. my car now at 70,000 KMS and on its second set of struts all changed under warranty ( extended) i changed at the 60k service. Do remember that the suspension parts run out of warranty at 60K KMS so be sure to get them covered under warranty.
I dont understand the concept of struts being replaced under warranty. Does this mean we dont have to pay for them?

The reason I ask is because I want to fit performance struts once the stock ones on my car wear out. If the warranty struts come free, obviously I'll avoid the cost.

Quote:
Drchernish , can you post some pictures of your setup ? or have you posted pictures somewhere else on teambhp.
Yes please lets have some pics of your setup. I've been told by everyone that xenons are useless without projector headlamps.
predatorwheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2009, 12:55   #55
BHPian

Congrats to gaurav and aneesh

welcome to verna crdi club.I would suggest going for 195/60/14.
I have put on the same shoes for my verna. michelin XM+.No problems till now

Last edited by binoyb22 : 21st August 2009 at 12:57.
binoyb22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2009, 22:24   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
How old is your car? My car gave me the same mileage in the first 2-3 months, then improved to about 13-13.5. Same as what Live2drive gets. And I'm no pussyfooting driver, I tend to drive the car hard.
The car is 8 months old and ran 5500 kmtrs only
NOTORIOUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2009, 09:53   #57
BHPian

will post the pictures as soon as i click them,bit busy now.
drchernish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2009, 16:35   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
@hellstar - can you elaborate a bit more on the "chills" part? What problem exactly are you having with the yoko tires, and how different do you find the handling with the older tires to the new ones?
A ten minute drive at speeds in excess of 110 kmph and yes then the slip and slide starts especially in high ambent temperatures. The car absolutely slips sidewards while cornering. Nothing worse than that when you are doing long drives. But for people who Keep below such speeds , the tyre is a good bet, i found that wet performance is exceptional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
Hellstar, my personal suggestion would be to avoid AD7s. A Drives are extremely silent tires (my Indica has them) and they're good all rounders. Fitting AD7s may give you an edge at extreme speeds, but at sedate speeds the noise will drive you mad.

- are you sure about the noise level of AD7s , i had seen these tyres in action during couple of our night drive and they were nothing short of spectacular. Noise at low speeds , i couldnt make out ,maybe i 'll run a check on that when i see them next.

I dont understand the concept of struts being replaced under warranty. Does this mean we dont have to pay for them?

See if ur car is within 60k kms when the struts are damaged enough to warrant a replacement, it is done free of cost by HMIL but this is not easy , a lot of rapport with the A.S.S is essential to get this done.

each front strut costs about Rs 3400. rear ones also cost the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
will post the pictures as soon as i click them,bit busy now.
waiting for you DR !

Last edited by hellstar : 24th August 2009 at 16:38.
hellstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2009, 23:42   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2drive View Post
Jaspreet Ji 10.5 is pretty less. I am getting around 13-13.5 in city. this includes some spirited runs as well.
I have driven around 3.5 K and i am getting 15 in city, but the issue is that i am getting same 15 on the highway as well. Had done a couple of highway trips, but my speed on the highways was around 120-150 kmph so guess that is why the low mileage.

People please let me know mileage on your verna CRDi.... thanks.
gouravsinha is offline   Reply With Quote