Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 25th June 2009, 09:48   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
Any new model when launched in the market has to be passed by the Regional Transport Office. I spoke to Fiat officials yesterday and they told me that they had filed for the permission months back and had not anticipated this delay. My argument was, if you did not have the RTO clearance letter, why did you go ahead with the nationwide launch ?? As I understand, in Pune, the dealers have not been able to offer test drives because of the RTO permission. The dealers cannot bring out the cars on the road until they have the permit from RTO.
Got a call yesterday about test drive. Pune RTO has given special permission for 3 days. Will be going to BU fro test drive this Saturday.
neoonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2009, 10:07   #137
Senior - BHPian

all of you will start thinking that you are lucky (in a way atleast) when you listen to my sad case. My dad booked an Electric Blue 1.4 Emotion PK on 17th June itself just a few hours after the launch i guess. But all cars bought in our family so far , since the very beginning, have been booked and bought from Surat (Gujarat) though we live in Mumbai, reason being , we have an uncle there who gets everything including registration done for us much quickly as compared to the time it takes in Mumbai (usually).

As usual my uncle there, booked in on time & my dad being a man of few words, did NOT bother to ask him when delivary of the car is expected (believe it ????! :O) & now hes abroad for work so cant talk to him and i dont even have that uncle's cell number !!! So its basically a pityful situation where in , the car has been booked well in time BUT I DONT KNOW WHEN THE GOD DAM CARS GONA GET HERE !!!! trust me its so very annoying !!! fingers crossed im just hoping the 1st lot of cars has reached the dealers in surat !!!! :((
PlatzdaTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2009, 11:19   #138
Senior - BHPian

Default Congrats

Congratulations Mr.Chaphalkar on being the 1st in Pune and on T-BHP to book the GP! I'm sure it's a decision you will never ever regret.

I will keep an eye out for your beautiful set of wheels on the roads of Pune. Welcome to the Fiat band of brothers! :-)

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2009, 12:43   #139
BHPian

I am so terribly angry over this entire issue now !!

Pandit Automotive just now told me that they have all the permissions and deliveries will start next week

B U Bhandari says they don't have the clearance from RTO and they are giving the test drives "at their own risk" (Read : if the car hits any person on the court, that person can take B U to court even if the person is the cause of the accident) B U is not committing any delivery dates. I think they themselves don't know

Fiat Head office people in Mumbai say deliveries cannot start before 10th of July !!!

Fiat has messed this up !! They should not have launched the car in Pune if they did not have the clearance from RTO

I think I should demand some compensation from Fiat. Being the first buyer in Pune, I have every right to claim something for this unprofessional behavior by Fiat.
amoghchaphalkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2009, 13:03   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Pandit Automotive just now told me that they have all the permissions and deliveries will start next week

B U Bhandari says they don't have the clearance from RTO and they are giving the test drives "at their own risk" (Read : if the car hits any person on the court, that person can take B U to court even if the person is the cause of the accident) B U is not committing any delivery dates. I think they themselves don't know

Fiat Head office people in Mumbai say deliveries cannot start before 10th of July !!!

Fiat has messed this up !! They should not have launched the car in Pune if they did not have the clearance from RTO

I think I should demand some compensation from Fiat. Being the first buyer in Pune, I have every right to claim something for this unprofessional behavior by Fiat.

ON THE DOUBLE !!! i think you should go to your dealer ASAP and demand for some sort of compensation ! They were well aware of all these problems and yet they are taking in more bookings !!! how stupid ! If there are so many delivery problems for all of you in Pune, i can imagine the status of my future car ! stuck somewhere in between , then taken to Surat and THEN finally to be driven to Mumbai ! well well there go 2 more weeks atLEAST ! I dont think there is anything much i can do at the moment in case of my car's delivery but amogh ,in my opinion you should definately go to the dealers and make your self heard atleast if nothing else. Make sure the message goes through to FIAT loud n clear. They come up with a gr8 car but then this time there is some other crap which could even end up being a turn off for many potential buyers !!! Utter disappointment !
PlatzdaTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2009, 13:09   #141
BHPian

Quote:

Well, as far as I know the RTO permission is for the car and has nothing to do with the dealer. So if GP has permission in Pune - it is irrespective of dealer.

I think this whole permissions issue is something rather serious and dealers are not telling the whole truth. I heard that the guy was on leave when Jazz was launched, the leave can't be that long. Maybe the RTO has some other 'requirements' that dealer may not be willing to fulfill. Hope that it gets resolved soon.

Amogh - see if you can get your money back from B U Bhandari and try Pandit instead. Though B U Bhandari is the most convenient dealer for me, I am sure I won't buy from him based on few experiences if I decide to buy a Fiat myself.
manish7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2009, 13:11   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why not shift your booking from BUB to Pandit? I'm sure Pandit will be only too eager to oblige, and just the mention of that will spur BUB to pull up their socks.

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2009, 13:31   #143
BHPian

When I had checked with Concorde Motors, Bangalore last Saturday, i was told that deliveries will take minimum of 3-4 weeks.
So just my guess, may be the production isn't yet on full swing. Also apart from the print ads, the full campaign hasn't started yet. The TV ads are still not aired, so i guess there must be some reason for the delay in deliveries.
SilentEngine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2009, 13:39   #144
Senior - BHPian

Regarding the RTO clearence thing, is it that each RTO division gives a separate clearence? For example, if in Mumbai there are 4 RTO divisions then will each division give a separate clearence?

Iam asking this because Fortune, Nerul and Powai said that deliveries will start in 20-25 days due to RTO clearence issue but Wasan is saying that they can start deliveries on Tuesday.

The red tape in India is

Anyway, does anyone know what exactly do the RTO guys do or check before giving clearence? I can imagine the RTO officer wondering how to pronounce the name of this car!
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2009, 11:53   #145
BHPian

Don't know what the RTO guys do? But my dealer here in Delhi has told me that the clearance has arrived but the sub-divisions (there are 9 of them in Delhi) are yet to get a copy of it. They are likely to get it on Monday/Tuesday and the registrations can start from 1st July (wednesday) onwards. Keeping fingers crossed to get my baby home on the 1st.
nkapoor777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2009, 15:42   #146
BHPian

It is a big mess !!! That's all I know .. I have exchanged some furious emails with the Fiat people .. but to no avail .. They just pass on the blame to Tata Motors

Fiat has made a complete mess of what is otherwise a very good product
Old 28th June 2009, 16:18   #147
BHPian

I saw a medium grey MJD emotion pack being delivered yesterday at Concorde Motors.
So these RTO problems must be region specific. I hope this gets sorted out quickly.
These kind of things spoil the experience for those who are buying.
SilentEngine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2009, 22:10   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
I saw a medium grey MJD emotion pack being delivered yesterday at Concorde Motors.
So these RTO problems must be region specific. I hope this gets sorted out quickly.
These kind of things spoil the experience for those who are buying.
Congratulations to whosoever it was !! Lucky guy / gal !!

Yeah .. the RTO problems are region specific .. although manufacturers usually make sure that the approval is obtained across the nation

It REALLY has spoiled the experience for me ... I am DYING to get my car
Old 28th June 2009, 22:18   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations to whosoever it was !! Lucky guy / gal !!

Yeah .. the RTO problems are region specific .. although manufacturers usually make sure that the approval is obtained across the nation

It REALLY has spoiled the experience for me ... I am DYING to get my car
same here man! i dont think i can wait 3-4 days more.! i want it now!
amulu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2009, 22:21   #150
BHPian

@amulu : you are getting your car this week ??

that's awesome !! I have been told to wait till 10th july.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Why not shift your booking from BUB to Pandit? I'm sure Pandit will be only too eager to oblige, and just the mention of that will spur BUB to pull up their socks.

Cheers,
Vikram
Pandit was wrong about the delivery dates. Even he did not have the RTO clearance. Same day evening he was saying deliveries will happen after one month

Last edited by amoghchaphalkar : 28th June 2009 at 22:28.