Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 20th July 2009, 16:02   #301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Before I had the car with me, I had planned to get leather seats but the OEM seat fabric is of such good quality that I don't see the need to change to leather.
Yes .. I completely agree !! Even I had planned to get leather seats. But the black and grey combination with the "Punto Logo" looks pretty awesome !!

I will be changing the speakers in September. I will be traveling for the entire month of August, so won't be using the car. If you happen to change the speakers before that, I will look forward to hearing your experience

But JBL is the brand for me. I don't think I will be going in for some other brand. I visited this car accessories showroom : CARAX : CARAX- India's largest car accessories store : they have audio demo rooms where you can test systems, speakers, woofers, amplifiers of various brands. JBL I thought gave the best sound quality.
amoghchaphalkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2009, 16:51   #302
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
Yes the new car is blue again

One of my very close friends got married on Sunday and I had parked the car right at the marriage hall entrance. At one point of time, the car was completely surrounded by curious onlookers. I was quite enjoying that scene !!
Enjoy her attention!

Some turn offs for me are the poor quality speakers and the large turning radius. I see myself replacing the speakers with JBL speakers pretty soon. Unfortunately, I cannot change the music system since I will then be losing Blue & Me. But the speakers are definitely going out.

A lot has been already discussed about the rear seat leg space. Here is my real experience over a 50 km drive.

My brother in law who is 5'10" was in the co-driver seat. My dad who is 6' was sitting behind him. My brother in law had his legs nicely stretched out and even then my dad had an extremely comfortable seating position and he felt absolutely no discomfort.
Well its comfortable for sure and no doubts in that but i wished theycould have given more of rear seat leg space and cut down few of boot, its good for two in rear but 3 is too tight.

More to follow .... (with pics)
Awaiting for them,keep updating.
vijaythacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2009, 09:38   #303
BHPian

Default FE Update

I think I am going to continue this thread as a "Running Report"

400+ kms completed on the car. The fuel efficiency as per the onboard computer is 7.2 ltr / 100 km which translates to 13.88 km / ltr. I think its fairly decent considering the car is still in the running in phase.

This is all city running. As far as the driving conditions are concerned, my commute to office is pretty smooth since I leave early in the morning. But while getting back home, it is bumper to bumber traffic. I am yet to go out on the highway.

Will update the tank full to tank full calculation as and when I have it.

Extremely sorry about not uploading the pics. It is pouring right now in Pune. The electric blue colour looks stunning in the sun, so I am waiting for some decent weather.
amoghchaphalkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2009, 10:33   #304
Senior - BHPian

I guess Carax is run by BUB group. Upload pics once you get time.
neoonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2009, 10:52   #305
BHPian

Dude, save yourself the trouble.
set this in the menu (button on right side of dashboard).

menu - > units -> consumption - > km/l

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
400+ kms completed on the car. The fuel efficiency as per the onboard computer is 7.2 ltr / 100 km which translates to 13.88 km / ltr. I think its fairly decent considering the car is still in the running in phase.
neotraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2009, 17:32   #306
Senior - BHPian

@amog- Am awaiting the pics eagerly as am more interested in electric blue than red.
Post some asap mate!
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2009, 20:32   #307
BHPian

Amog sorry to hijack your thread. Since Harsh wanted pictures of Punto in electric blue i am posting the picture that i took of my car.
Attached Images

sridharp77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2009, 20:35   #308
Senior - BHPian

^^ immediately fell in love with the italian beauty. hats off to you. the snaps are too good. so natural and perfect angles. the nose looks so elegant.
amit_mechengg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2009, 20:49   #309
BHPian

@sridhar
excellent pics! I am sold on this color.

Btw, why don't you start your own ownership thread?
SilentEngine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2009, 21:12   #310
Senior - BHPian

@sridhar-
Thanks
And yes why don't you start your ownership thread.
We would like to share your experience as well.

P.S- More confusion regarding the color as blue is looking smashing with the sun film
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2009, 21:30   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharp77 View Post
Amog sorry to hijack your thread. Since Harsh wanted pictures of Punto in electric blue i am posting the picture that i took of my car.
Is it only me or the color on the rear door in first two pics is darker than the one on front door?
Gandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2009, 21:41   #312
Senior - BHPian

Sridhar, Nice pics, Punto in Blue looks great!
Do start a thread on your Ownership experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Is it only me or the color on the rear door in first two pics is darker than the one on front door?
It looks fine to me!
finneyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2009, 21:43   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
yes the rear door looks darker , just light effect?
ms001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2009, 21:49   #314
BHPian

Thanks guys, I will start a separate thread after i come back to Bangalore from Kerala. There is no color difference, it could be the light effect.
sridharp77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2009, 15:24   #315
BANNED

surely one of the stunning colours on punto, eye catcher, sridhar waiting for your ownership thread mate.Amogh where are you ?
vijaythacker is offline   Reply With Quote