Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 26th August 2009, 18:06   #406
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
How much you had to pay from your pocket?
Rs.1,710 from my pocket. Rest everything by insurance.

50% of external mirror, 50% of deadening pad, 50% of mirror cap

Last edited by amoghchaphalkar : 26th August 2009 at 18:11. Reason: incorrect entry
amoghchaphalkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2009, 19:02   #407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
Rs.1,710 from my pocket. Rest everything by insurance.

50% of external mirror, 50% of deadening pad, 50% of mirror cap
Not a bad amount by any means to go from the pocket.
The point is you are happy with the repair job and that counts
Welcome the GP back!
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2009, 21:14   #408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Not a bad amount by any means to go from the pocket.
The point is you are happy with the repair job and that counts
Welcome the GP back!
Absolutely !!

I am impressed with the quality of work carried out by B U Bhandari. I had told myself that I should not expect the car to be as it was earlier.

But I was proved wrong. They made sure the door was fitted and it operated like it does on a new car. In fact, I checked the "thud" with some new Punto's parked in the stock yard and I "heard" no difference.

And they did a fantabulous job of matching the shade with the original one. And the paint quality as I mentioned earlier is superb. I checked out the paint workshop and it is pretty impressive

One minor did creep up though

The door was not getting locked / unlocked with the key. And nobody was able to figure out what the problem was.

Finally they realised they had fitted the lever in an incorrect way. Problem was solved and everything is now working smoothly
Old 26th August 2009, 22:15   #409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
I am impressed with the quality of work carried out by B U Bhandari.
Over the past several months, I've heard a lot of positive feedback about BUB, both sales & service. Good to hear that they are trying their best (and succeeding) to eliminate the negative opinions associated with Fiat products, A.S.S, parts availability etc, at least in Pune. I hope other Tata - Fiat dealers / service centres take a leaf out of BUB's book. May the Fiat tribe in India increase!

OT: Amogh, do you visit Shivaji Hsg Society frequently? I often see a blue Punto near the SHS Post Office on my way to work. I haven't seen many blue Punto's in Pune; so thought that this one might be yours.

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 26th August 2009 at 22:17.
comfortablynumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2009, 11:49   #410
BHPian

Hey! Good to hear your car is back and most importantly you are satisfied with the work done. Drive Safely!

You mentioned earlier that the door would be sent to BuB pre-painted from the factory. Was that the case or was the paint job done at the dealers?
Crimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2009, 12:19   #411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post

OT: Amogh, do you visit Shivaji Hsg Society frequently? I often see a blue Punto near the SHS Post Office on my way to work. I haven't seen many blue Punto's in Pune; so thought that this one might be yours.

Cheers,
Vikram
No !! I don't visit SHS frequently. This might be the other blue Punto that was delivered from Pandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
Hey! Good to hear your car is back and most importantly you are satisfied with the work done. Drive Safely!

You mentioned earlier that the door would be sent to BuB pre-painted from the factory. Was that the case or was the paint job done at the dealers?
No !! there was some misunderstanding when I was told about the pre-painted door.

The door was painted at B U Bhandari and as I mentioned earlier they have done a great job of it !!
Old 27th August 2009, 12:33   #412
BHPian

Hey Amogh
Sorry to hear about your accident. I have had the same experience twice:once, exactly like yours, waiting to turn right, fortunately no damage/injury to anyone, and once overtaking from the left while I was turning left( with signals on) and dented my front fender and bumper and sped off!
Glad to know Bajaj Allianz handled it well ( also my insurers) and that BUB have done a good job with your car. Will be taking my Linea there in the next couple of days for the "mandatory" pre-service niggles visit
Pragmites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2009, 15:42   #413
Senior - BHPian

This question isn't specifically about Fiat and their dealers but can anyone tell me when painting is done at ASC, do the dealers have a paint code to work with or they match the colour by trial and error? I guess not all dealers will have computerised paint booth's so the paint code part seems unlikely.
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2009, 16:21   #414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
This question isn't specifically about Fiat and their dealers but can anyone tell me when painting is done at ASC, do the dealers have a paint code to work with or they match the colour by trial and error? I guess not all dealers will have computerised paint booth's so the paint code part seems unlikely.
Even if there is a paint code, some trial and error is always involved. That is because, there will be variation, even in two batches or even drums of paint from the same manufacturer. At least, that's what I have been told.
kuttapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2009, 16:27   #415
BHPian

I asked the Paint Shop guys at B U the exact same question.

They had the paint code. But since mine was the first Punto they were going to re-paint, they made sure that the code is right by applying a coat on a test plate. I saw the plate and it matched the original colour.

The paint was DuPont.
Old 27th August 2009, 17:33   #416
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
I dont know about paint code & all that. But when my Linea's front bumper got replaced with paint at TASS, the color of the bumper matches with the body.

Earlier in my Ford Ikon, many parts of body got repainted, all at Ford dealers. No difference at all. It was Steel Mist color
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2009, 11:16   #417

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurja View Post
hey, anyone received mud flaps for punto? My dealer is still clueless about mud flaps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gautomobile View Post
no mud flaps available yet. its been over a month since launch.
My Punto is getting delivered tomorrow @ B.U. Bhandari and its going to be fitted with Punto specific Mud flaps. ( with Punto printed on it ).

@amogh, hows the Punto doing, what time did u leave Wakad the other day?

I saw Amogh's Punto the day it got re-delivered to him, as I was @ Wakad for my Punto's PDI, and the paint Job is really very good. and for all those who don't know the real truth, Amogh is actually the real owner of everything B.U Bhandari ... Just kidding, this guy has tremendous network with everything related to Punto in Pune (rightfully knighted as "Punyatlya Punto cha raja")

Any idea where to get Leather seats for Punto in Pune?
mundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2009, 21:10   #418
BHPian

@ mundi

congrats on your new punto. and good that you are getting the punto mudflaps as well.

i too have got my punto from bu bhandari,pune and i too have got a very good experience.

btw what spec is your punto and what colour?
gautomobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2009, 00:27   #419

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mundi View Post
Just kidding, this guy has tremendous network with everything related to Punto in Pune (rightfully knighted as "Punyatlya Punto cha raja")
Thats right
Amogh has really developed a really good network...
BTW, I got my red emotion pk mjd delivered on 29th from BU Bhandari. Even i got punto stamped mud flaps. they were priced around Rs. 650/-.
amitcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2009, 13:49   #420

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautomobile View Post
btw what spec is your punto and what colour?
my Punto is a Black MJD E+
mundi is offline   Reply With Quote