| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|18th June 2009, 23:20||#31|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Jan 2008
Thanked: 405 Times
Yummy looking car offering some good features. Wish Fiat brings out a 'hot hatch' version soon.
That was a great review, precise and objective. Keep up the good work Sid.
|18th June 2009, 23:37||#32|
Join Date: Jan 2007
Thanked: 31 Times
From the 5th photo i thought it was porsche cayenne just for a second. Sure this has to be the best looking small car, not van not mpv not tall boy. Atlast.
|18th June 2009, 23:40||#33|
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore Kannur Manipal
Thanked: 5 Times
Punto pricelist OTR Bangalore
Superb Review Sid,
Fiat Grande punto
1.2L petrol active — Rs4.74 lakhs
1.4L Petrol Dynamic – Rs5.57 lakhs
1.4l petrol emotion – Rs 5.99 lakhs
1.4L emotion pack – Rs 6.64 lakhs
1.3L diesel active -Rs5.73 lakhs
1.3L diesel dynamic – Rs6.11 lakhs
1.3L diesel emotion – Rs6.58 lakhs
1.3L diesel emotion pack – Rs7.22 lakhs
all the prices here are OTR Bangalore
Rs 5000/- Extra on all the variants for extended warranty (2+2 years)
Last edited by nithinnarayanan : 18th June 2009 at 23:44.
|19th June 2009, 00:12||#35|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: May 2007
Thanked: 1,426 Times
Good detailed review.
1) Did anyone notice the temperature gauge slightly above half mark ? This is IMHO not good. Can anybody throw some light on this as this is normally not seen on modern cars.
2) I am yet to see the properly in flesh, but the car is not a good looking car for me. Looks are subjective, so no offense meant to anybody. I felt the front was mix of frog and crocodile. The front overhang is the reason for me to believe like this. That front overhang is necessary for the European pedestrians safety norms I think.
3) Space review all over is not good. Everyone ( well almost all who have seen the car themselves ) complain that with the seats fully pulled back, the rear legroom is compromised. But then when does one have to pull the seat back, i.e. how is the space up front for a normal Indian that rarely is above 5'6" ? Anybody above 5'7" might need adjustments IMHO.
May be the reason for the long travel clutch is that people will have to pull the seat front for ease of clutch operation.
4) I have a feeling that the car is not as good performing as Swift diesel. Maruti has mastered the calibration for this good little diesel mill.
5) The real competition will come from Vista with similar engine. And I am sure Tata will manage to sell more Vista now. Also Vista has more space so definitely they have one more product from Fiat that will make Vista look better as far as space and A.S & S. goes.
|19th June 2009, 06:57||#37|
Join Date: May 2009
Thanked: 41 Times
Nice review Sid. good photos too.It'd be good if Sid (or any other member) put up some photos taken from back seat focusing front.
|19th June 2009, 08:57||#38|
Join Date: Nov 2007
Thanked: 5 Times
great review sid!
you beat GTO to it
yeah this is the best lookng hatch amongst all the hatches that have been launched in recent time (worst being ritz) .
the blue looks just out of this world but i feel that youngsters ( unmarried /just married) will be the ones going for this car and most of them will prefer red/black.
|19th June 2009, 09:08||#39|
Join Date: Feb 2006
Thanked: 113 Times
I think sidindica has done the absolute right. He has set the expectations of the potential buyers on what should be expected so that the potential buyer isn't disappointed just because he had very high expectations.
The car looks stunning in Electric Blue and Flaming red..I wish I could get my hands on one of this for a test drive soon.
|19th June 2009, 09:29||#40|
Join Date: Sep 2008
Thanked: 3 Times
Great review, excellent pictures and amazing details, Hats off Sidindica!! Now we expect a all terrain review from GTO.
|19th June 2009, 10:05||#41|
Distinguished - BHPian
Join Date: Jul 2007
Thanked: 3,451 Times
Nice review Sid - you are a brand in yourself. TDs posts by others are one-off lucky chances, or official invites for GTO etc - but you single handedly post awesome information every single time. Lovely stuff!
|19th June 2009, 10:09||#42|
Join Date: Apr 2006
Thanked: 4 Times
Super review there Sid.
The car is a stunner. I am currently in Warsaw and the GP stands out even here amongst VWs, Audis and Mercs and Skodas.
The initial sluggishness could have been addressed by VGT, but then there is always Pete's
|19th June 2009, 10:13||#43|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Aug 2005
Thanked: 599 Times
Great Review Sid ! I pray Punto will be a hit in the market. I guess everybody must have noticed, Punto has created more ripples than Ritz and Jazz (Though from different categories, just an e.g. as both are recently launched). I hope people will appreciate FIAT's efforts and will give it a thought at least !
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Fiat Punto 1.3 MJD Emotion Pack | 26,000 KM update||Klub Class||Long-Term Ownership Reviews||119||6th October 2014 14:13|
|Fiat Punto MJD, Emotion Pack, White Bossa Nova. EDIT: 70,000 kms up||sdp1975||Long-Term Ownership Reviews||58||10th September 2014 15:56|
|Emotion Pack Fiat Punto MJD Ownership Report||Crimson||Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports||146||3rd November 2011 18:44|
|Punto MJD Emotion Regular v/s Emotion Pack||psmith||Hatchbacks||15||20th October 2009 09:33|
|Punto MJD Emotion Pack or Linea MJD Dynamic Pack||atilla||Hatchbacks||1||4th August 2009 14:16|