Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 18th February 2010, 20:29   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
can anyone with ritz confirm the rear speaker location?parcel shelf or rear door?
Hi Drchernish in Ritz rear speakers are located in the doors.
gaddiwale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2010, 19:58   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
can anyone with ritz confirm the rear speaker location?parcel shelf or rear door?

Rear doors should do fine if you are going to put round speakers. For the oval ones theres no choice, because they will have to be on the rear parcel tray, which is quite heavy by itself plus the weight of the speakers.

At times it become necessary to drive without this tray because of the extra luggage you may need on long travel. In such a scenario, you won't have the rear speakers. IMO the rear tray mounted speakers would have better effect With the tray you won't have boot access from the inside of car.

In my Ritz I have additional Pioneer Yellow Cone Oval speakers on the rear tray and a Sub Woofer on the boot floor. The Amp is placed under the Co-passenger seat. Both these are with removable connections. I also have a separate Switch next to the Fog lamp switch cluster to save on the battery power when these speakers are either disconnected or when you don't need that extra punch.

God bless.....
soccer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2010, 00:12   #78
Senior - BHPian

funda2max,

how's your ritz doing? any updates?

Could you comment on the highway handling? Is it good or is the body roll obtrusive?

Cheers!

ps: any plans of pete'ing her?
anekho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2011, 13:46   #79
BHPian

Default Re: Long Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by funda2max View Post
Last week, i went for a long drive about 2000KMs covering from Bangalore - Karur - Madurai - Tirunelveli - Paapanasam - Karaiyar dam - Paantheertham Falls with 4 Adults and 2 Kids. It was fantastic journey and the car behaved very well since We waned to try it out the entire journey in Ritz through the inner tamilnadu. Most of these places are in NH7 where the roads (Four lane) are almost complete. Ritz behaved absolutely well in the highways with speed over 120 KMPH. Mileage was awesome, i got around 21KMPL in the highways with 100% AC with full load. As other said, i didn't feel much body roll at high speeds.
Hi Funda2max/TBpians,

What is FE of your car now? I'm planning to buy a RITZ VDI soon.

My question is do i upgrade to Michelin Xm1+ 165 profile or 185 profile. I hate the JK tyres i will change them on day one for sure.

In my Alto i have upgraded to 145/80 R12 Michelin XM1+, the tyre improves ride quality and handling and grip even if we stick to stock size when compared to the horrible JK's.

If the 185/70 R14 is affecting the pick up of the Ritz to some extent and if FE is getting reduced by 1 or 2km per litre, i'll stick to 165 profile then, anyways michelin improve grip and Ride quality.

Need your inputs guys.
Nash24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2011, 15:13   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash24 View Post
Hi Funda2max/TBpians,

My question is do i upgrade to Michelin Xm1+ 165 profile or 185 profile. I hate the JK tyres i will change them on day one for sure.

In my Alto i have upgraded to 145/80 R12 Michelin XM1+, the tyre improves ride quality and handling and grip even if we stick to stock size when compared to the horrible JK's.

If the 185/70 R14 is affecting the pick up of the Ritz to some extent and if FE is getting reduced by 1 or 2km per litre, i'll stick to 165 profile then, anyways michelin improve grip and Ride quality.

Need your inputs guys.

I hope Funda2max dont mind me answering .

In bangalore city you can expect FE around 14-17 kmpl and on the highways 18-22 kmpl .
Now this is completed dependent on your style of driving and also the traffic conditions where you drive .
And regarding the tyre, yes if possible get them changed ASAP,because the grip of these JK tyres are not at all good, specially when you go over flyover and you have curves in that, you can feel how bad these JK's are .

Regarding FE after putting 185 section tyres, im sure it will not go down by 2 kms for sure, i guess you can expect around a drop of 0.5 kms, not more than that for sure.
Pickup will not be an issue im sure, but your top speed might come down a little bit.

Hope it helps.
Schoudhury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2011, 16:45   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
I hope Funda2max dont mind me answering .

In bangalore city you can expect FE around 14-17 kmpl and on the highways 18-22 kmpl .
Now this is completed dependent on your style of driving and also the traffic conditions where you drive .
And regarding the tyre, yes if possible get them changed ASAP,because the grip of these JK tyres are not at all good, specially when you go over flyover and you have curves in that, you can feel how bad these JK's are .

Regarding FE after putting 185 section tyres, im sure it will not go down by 2 kms for sure, i guess you can expect around a drop of 0.5 kms, not more than that for sure.
Pickup will not be an issue im sure, but your top speed might come down a little bit.

Hope it helps.
Thanks, In my driving style I get 18Km/litre on the ALTO Lxi in City with 30% A/C.

How is the steering response on 185 profile when compared to 165 profile.

Also what do you feel about the idea of having Michelin 165/80 R14 on Ritz, I think i'll gain FE, and ofcourse the Grip and Braking performance will also increase.
(My Alto used to give me 17km or 17.5km with my Old MRF tyres and Braking and grip wasnt as impressive as Michelin)
Old 18th July 2011, 17:55   #82
BHPian

Default Re: White Ritz VDi - Delivery taken!

Nash24
I have 195 profile tires of Yokohoma A drives make on my Ritz VDI(ABS). It has run around 32K Kms as of now and still looks to hold for another 15K Kms. Handling and braking is very good. I get a mileage of around 18/19 with around 70% highway driving. Mileage figure are with around 15/20% of AC usage
Note: Not sure if this is right size, this tyre change was done by the person before I purchased vehicle run 5K Kms.
srinivasmhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2011, 19:20   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivasmhn View Post
Nash24
I have 195 profile tires of Yokohoma A drives make on my Ritz VDI(ABS). It has run around 32K Kms as of now and still looks to hold for another 15K Kms. Handling and braking is very good. I get a mileage of around 18/19 with around 70% highway driving. Mileage figure are with around 15/20% of AC usage
Note: Not sure if this is right size, this tyre change was done by the person before I purchased vehicle run 5K Kms.
Sounds Good, Since you have not driven this car with a stock 165 tyre i guess you'll not be able to comment on the steering response difference isnt it?

Do you always have 70%highway driving, never have you got a chance to check your FE in city conditions.

Cheers
Old 18th July 2011, 20:49   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, In my driving style I get 18Km/litre on the ALTO Lxi in City with 30% A/C.

How is the steering response on 185 profile when compared to 165 profile.

Also what do you feel about the idea of having Michelin 165/80 R14 on Ritz, I think i'll gain FE, and ofcourse the Grip and Braking performance will also increase.
(My Alto used to give me 17km or 17.5km with my Old MRF tyres and Braking and grip wasnt as impressive as Michelin)
I feel with 185 section tyres , the steering will definitively feel abit heavy for normal city runs but in the highways it will be a boon , i might be wrong here also .

If you want to stick to 165 tyres , its better to stick to JK, as they will give max FE, but regarding braking , ya that might be better with better quality of rubbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivasmhn View Post
Nash24
I have 195 profile tires of Yokohoma A drives make on my Ritz VDI(ABS).
What the profile of tyre you have in your ride , 195 60 R14/195 65 R14.
Also could you please let us know how is the ride quality with 195 section tyres which you have .
Also i guess if you have 195 section tyre then you must be running them on alloys, rite ?

Why dont you post some pictures of your Ritzy.

Im also planning to upsize to 195 60 R15 or may 195 65 R14 , but im confused , as all the tyre guru suggest to stick to 185 70 r14 for Ritz ,so trying to gather as much information as i can.

So please let us know some more about your ride.

Cheers
Schoudhury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2011, 21:12   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
I feel with 185 section tyres , the steering will definitively feel abit heavy for normal city runs but in the highways it will be a boon , i might be wrong here also .

If you want to stick to 165 tyres , its better to stick to JK, as they will give max FE, but regarding braking , ya that might be better with better quality of rubbers.

Cheers
Thanks Mate, I'll Join the Ritz Club Shortly.

Jk's are very bad, Can not believe why maruti is sticking with this brand when companies like Honda supply Michelin as standard, MSIL can surely increase 5k cost on cars like ritz and swift, but people will love these cars more if they have good shoes.

Anyways i'll have to find out from a few Ritz owners with regards to the sterring response after fitting 185 profile, by the way your alloys look Great.

The Side door black colour mouldings, and the ones under your front headlight and rear bumper, how much did they cost? who fitted them for you?

Cheers

Last edited by Nash24 : 18th July 2011 at 21:12. Reason: Spelling
Old 19th July 2011, 10:58   #86
BHPian

Sounds Good, Since you have not driven this car with a stock 165 tyre i guess you'll not be able to comment on the steering response difference isnt it?

Do you always have 70%highway driving, never have you got a chance to check your FE in city conditions.

Cheers[/quote]

I have driven my friend Ritz VXI, steering feels heavy but is appicable only while parking/turning in tight spots, but still manageable
Drive 100Kms per day for work so city trips will be only on weekends and is limited. I think it gives arround 15Km with AC for city driveing, but not properly checked.
srinivasmhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2011, 11:28   #87
Senior - BHPian

^^^ 100 kms per day!!! ^^^ wow

@nash, you can safely upgrade to 185, steering response/feedback gets better, albeit slightly heavy. not as heavy as a hydraulic power steering, but comparatively heavier when looking at 165 profile.
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2011, 12:23   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Funda2max/TBpians,

Need your inputs guys.
Sorry for the delayed response. Now my car is over 32K+ kms, I am getting FE as follows,
City : 16-18 KMPL
Highways : 21-23 KMPL (Average speed : 100kms per hour)
Road grip is awesome and stability is really good at high speeds. I would recommend to go with Michelin 185/70R14 XM+. It still looks like a new tyre in my car. I have also installed K&N filter a year ago, it helps to improve pickup.
funda2max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2011, 12:30   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funda2max View Post
Sorry for the delayed response. Now my car is over 32K+ kms, I am getting FE as follows,
City : 16-18 KMPL
Highways : 21-23 KMPL (Average speed : 100kms per hour)
Road grip is awesome and stability is really good at high speeds. I would recommend to go with Michelin 185/70R14 XM+. It still looks like a new tyre in my car. I have also installed K&N filter a year ago, it helps to improve pickup.
Fantastic, how much did the K and N cost for the DDIS engine?

Secondly how is the sterring response with 185/70 R14, does it become too heavy for city driving?

Cheers
Old 1st December 2011, 17:18   #90
BHPian

even i was interested in getting the alloys upgrade for my new Ritz VDI but was unable to negotiate with the dealer. He was quoting a whooping price for new alloys in return for my original rim, the price he quoted was funny. Decided to retain them. Will manage without the Alloys. Bought GPS instead. They seem to be much more better and of help now
su1978 is offline   Reply With Quote