Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 11th April 2011, 16:34   #61
BHPian

Default Re: 2009 Ambassador Grand BS-3 2.0 Turbo Diesel and 1800 ISZ MPFI: Test drive and rev

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Engine and performance:

1800 ISZ petrol:***
refinement:**1/2

This engine is 1817 cc and produces 74bhp@4800 rpm and 13.5 kgm torque@3000-3500 rpm, fitted with 4 cylinder OHC mechanism combined with a 5-speed gearbox with remote shift mechanism.

The pickup is surprisingly peppy with 0-100 touched in about 16 odd seconds and the engine sounds smooth initially. However, as speeds build up, the noise level increases significantly and it whines past 5000 rpm, crying enough. We touched 130 kmph and after that, the power tapers off rapidly and its best to keep the engine in its mid-rpm range, between 2500-4000 rpm and you will never find cause to complain. For start-stop conditions, the engine is extremely tractable and downshifts are not required too often, part owed to it flat torque curve. In third gear, the car can go from 30 kmph all the way to 120 kmph without any fuss.
Dear Sid,
I stumbled on your ownership report by chance while searching the forum for an ISZ MPFI engine 'manual'/Parts list'.

Firstly , i must say i respect your decision and it clearly reflects your passion for the 'Amby' !

Secondly, you own a MPFI petrol engine car. And i own a MPFI contessa 2003 model. I understand that the same MPFi engine was used on the conti and the amby by HM. Now, my query is regarding the engine - do you get a slight lag before the car accelerates when you press the accelerator? Would appreciate a reply as my car seems to have this 'painful' slowdown/lag just before accelerating !!

I understand it could be due to some leak in the intake system, however, just wanted to get some idea about this lag from an amby MPFI owner.

For the noise, did you try upgrading the damping + sound insulation?

PS: would it be wishing for too much, in case i ask you - by any chance, do you happen to have a workshop & parts manual for the MPFI engine ?
Tej Khokhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2015, 20:02   #62

Default Re: 2009 Ambassador Grand BS-3 2.0 Turbo Diesel and 1800 ISZ MPFI: Test drive and review

Hi Friends,
I am planning to buy a Hindustan ambassador grand - 2004 model car. As I checked, the car have two rotary switches for AC. Does this AC runs in fresh air mode or recirculation mode? Normally we run in heavy traffic and mostly on dusty urban areas with lot of vehicles around. So cabin filter is a necessary thing. Does amby comes originally with cabin filter? If not, how easy we can fit a cabin filter? Does the blower casing have any place to insert the cabin filter? Amby enthusiasts, please help.....

Thanks.....
rakkesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2016, 15:34   #63
BHPian

Default Re: 2009 Ambassador Grand BS-3 2.0 Turbo Diesel and 1800 ISZ MPFI: Test drive and review

Reviving an Old Thread!!
I have a Query, can a Bench Seat be fitted on 2004 Model Ambassador Grand.
The car, already has Bucket Seats & Power Windows.

Can anyone help me out.
sharma_sanjeevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2016, 16:44   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
I have a Query, can a Bench Seat be fitted on 2004 Model Ambassador Grand.
Yes, the mounts that were used to fit bench seats BE versions are still there. They can be used.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2016, 20:05   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Yes, the mounts that were used to fit bench seats BE versions are still there. They can be used.
Thanks Devdath!!
Can you please throw some light on the positioning of Gear Lever & the Power Window Console. Will there be changes required ?
sharma_sanjeevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2016, 23:33   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
Can you please throw some light on the positioning of Gear Lever & the Power Window Console.
Both the BE and the BU versions have the same floor mounted GB and lever and hence there are no changes which will be required. The PW switches were housed on the centre console by HM and hence they will not need any modification as well.
n.devdath is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2017, 15:59   #67
BHPian

Exclamation Need and Ambassador Grand Front Bench Seat

Does anyone know where I can get an Ambassador Grand front bench seat assembly? I need the model with a 60:40 split, reclining and seat rail adjustment. Havent been able to find a good one either brand new or used.
noelravin is offline   Reply With Quote