Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 30th August 2009, 10:25   #376
BHPian

i All,

Yesterday (29th Aug) was the day a dream turned into reality, i had finaly booked the Ford Fiesta 1.6Zxi, Platinum from Metro Ford on Palace Rd.

Thanks once again to Shaju, Ramki and Frank for their current threads which were very helpful, also not for forget the Vnabhi for his valuable contirbutions as a long term onwer and all the Bhpians who have provided their inputs.

A lot of factors went into selecting this vehicle which i will post in a new thread .

Summary:

Fiesta 1.6Zxi
Platinum
OTR: Rs. 7,12,000/- (after discounts)
Loan from Axis Bank for 80% onroad @ 9.5% for 5 years
Sales Person: Mr. Syed Ismail

Estimated Time of Delivery: 10 working days

Free Stuff:

Mud Flaps
Rubber Floor Mats
SunFilm

Addon Accessories:

Rear Wing Spoiler
Door Scuff Plates
Rear Sunblind

Future Plans/upgrades

Seat Covers (Stanley -- researching Team-bhp on this now)
Tyre/Alloy
HU (7"LCD)

Well now the wait is on, will keep all posted once i get delivery.

"Go Fida"
Old 30th August 2009, 12:09   #377
Senior - BHPian

congratulations mate. glad to hear that we could be of help! you just can't go wrong with the Fiesta, be it any variant you buy. cheers man. Enjoy her. Open a thread when you get her. And put up lots of pics!
Old 30th August 2009, 12:36   #378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
Yesterday (29th Aug) was the day a dream turned into reality, i had finaly booked the Ford Fiesta 1.6Zxi, Platinum from Metro Ford on Palace Rd.
Congratulations !!!!
I lost count somewhere, but you are atleast the 15th person reporting of a confirmed booking (over 12 are already delivered) as per my knowledge in the last 45 days. Fiesta family is growing very fast and as of now, we have a happy community. Hope FORD does its best to keep us happy always. All the best, happy waiting and a great exciting motoring ahead !
Old 30th August 2009, 12:45   #379
BHPian

Quote:
"Go Fida"
congrats pal!! welcome to the club!! platinum number 3!! you'll love the color, it's the best light shade on offer for the fiesta!! congrats again and do post a ton of pics!! happy waiting!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Fiesta family is growing very fast and as of now, we have a happy community. Hope FORD does its best to keep us happy always. All the best, happy waiting and a great exciting motoring ahead !
No Seriously, i think we should write to Ford India asking them to give us some special privileges, like 10% off on labor charges on services for starters!!
not a bad ask for inspiring prospective fiesta buyers!!

Go "Super" Fida!!
Old 30th August 2009, 12:48   #380
Senior - BHPian

and raamki, it's about time you changed your signature to your OWN car ;-0
Old 30th August 2009, 12:56   #381
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
i think we should write to Ford India asking them to give us some special privileges, like 10% off on labor charges on services for starters !!
You said it. Its a very much practical suggestion which we could get it as a family of team-bhpians. We should have some identity first, car sticker might do the trick, but anyone could get a sticker and claim for discounts too ! Lets think about some practial solution.

Personaly I am already offered a 'Priority' care and service (whenever my baby goes for a service) at the meeting I had with the FORD RSM 1 week after delivery. An underbody coating is offered at the first service as a compliment too. But all of them were to compensate the troubles I faced throughout my booking and delivery. Now as we have over a dozen deliveries after me, we can always think about something more subtle and useful.
Old 30th August 2009, 13:42   #382
BHPian

Quote:
i All,

Thanks once again to Shaju, Ramki and Frank for their current threads which were very helpful, also not for forget the Vnabhi for his valuable contirbutions as a long term onwer and all the Bhpians who have provided their inputs.

A lot of factors went into selecting this vehicle which i will post in a new thread .

Summary:

Fiesta 1.6Zxi
Platinum
OTR: Rs. 7,12,000/- (after discounts)
Loan from Axis Bank for 80% onroad @ 9.5% for 5 years
Sales Person: Mr. Syed Ismail

Estimated Time of Delivery: 10 working days

Free Stuff:

Mud Flaps
Rubber Floor Mats
SunFilm

Addon Accessories:

Rear Wing Spoiler
Door Scuff Plates
Rear Sunblind

Future Plans/upgrades

Seat Covers (Stanley -- researching Team-bhp on this now)
Tyre/Alloy
HU (7"LCD)

Well now the wait is on, will keep all posted once i get delivery.

"Go Fida"
Congrats Yajman!
One more feather of pride got added to Fiesta and another Platinum colour got booked

What is the price of Sunblind ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
You said it. Its a very much practical suggestion which we could get it as a family of team-bhpians. We should have some identity first, car sticker might do the trick, but anyone could get a sticker and claim for discounts too ! Lets think about some practial solution.

Personaly I am already offered a 'Priority' care and service (whenever my baby goes for a service) at the meeting I had with the FORD RSM 1 week after delivery. An underbody coating is offered at the first service as a compliment too. But all of them were to compensate the troubles I faced throughout my booking and delivery. Now as we have over a dozen deliveries after me, we can always think about something more subtle and useful.
Shajufx@ When I was not having write access from that time I was following your thread and sometimes after reading your experience I use to think Ok now tomorrow with what experience you going come up with and curiously I use to wait for next day

But I agree that everyone in this forum putting individual experience makes new members very comfortable & confident and as a result of that we can see again rain of Fiesta booking.

The booking is not started in a day however these all new members (including me) going through all of yours and other members thread which made them to narrow down their decision to finalize the car.

Keep up the good work - We can call the team by "JOSH Team"

Last edited by kumar7 : 30th August 2009 at 13:44.
Old 30th August 2009, 16:54   #383
BHPian

Hi Shajufx,

Congrats for Fiesta 1.6 and inspirational thread. I got hooked to T-BHP when I was searching info on Punto and I20 CRDi, somehow I started reading your thread from first post and believe me it was transition from premium hatchback to sedan, but due to 2000+ monthly running my preference was diesel.

Now it was fixed I'll go for Ford Fiesta, I searched Fiesta Diesel threads and luckily Lamborghini and Unni.ak thread helped me to select 'Go Fida' car Fiesta 1.4 D SXi Platinum. As Kumar mentioned I am joining "JOSH Team".

thanks.
Old 31st August 2009, 13:30   #384
Senior - BHPian

Nice to hear about the more active Ford JOSH and FIDA teams here ! I dont remember any other months (as August 2009), where so many enquiries, so many bookings and deliveries, plenty of serious opinion hunting and decision making happening in team-bhp. There are many owners and long-term reports here, but fresh enquiries and sharing of booking and delivery details through posts are very few. Correct me if I am wrong on this part. So far I know 16 bookings out of which over 12 are already delivered and reported here in the last 45 days.

I am sure the reason for all this could be summarised into:

1) Face-lift
2) ZXI revamped with plenty of features (Music system, ABS just few examples) as this is the most prefered model right now.
3) More awareness of the engine and its capacity through automags, forums etc.
4) Repricing of all the accessories in comparison with similar segment brands.

And may be few other reasons to add which I might have forgotten. I got my RC smart card today, had to go to Metro Ford and collect it personally. Now if vehicle insurance also could be produced in plastic card format, we will have only 2 smart cards to be carried compared to the RC book and papers of the past.

ODO as of today is 400kms. I will be doing a long drive to Harihar near Hubli for a family need on 2nd Sept. So before this weekend I expect the ODO to be above 1000 kms by all means.

Thanks to everyone for bringing up the Fiesta team so active and lively.
Old 31st August 2009, 13:52   #385
Senior - BHPian

What, only 400 on the odo, and nearly 19000 posts on this thread??-----it's gotta be the other way round, shajufx. Hope you munch more miles this week!

@yajaman99---welcome to the club!
Old 31st August 2009, 13:56   #386
BHPian

@Vnabhi, its actually 386 (including this) posts and ~19000 views, only members are allowed to post and is very much less than the ODO.

Thanks to Shaju for this excellent thread which invites discussion in all forms.
Old 31st August 2009, 15:10   #387
BHPian

@ Shajufx :

I am using Insurance Smart Card of Bajaj Allianz from last three years (every year new card ) for my Santro, In Pune Bajaj Allianz is providing Smart Card alongwith regular papers (I assume it must be same practice across India by Bajaj Allianz), once I asked one of my RTO friend, is it o.k if I carry only smart card, He told me it is fair enough as all the required data is on Smart Card.

While booking of Ford Fiesta, Insurance was free, I told dealer, specifically go for Bajaj Allianz as I got best service till date from them.
Old 31st August 2009, 18:39   #388
BHPian

Well the most practical solution is to have a moderator for a Ford forum who will maintain the VIN numbers of Team bhp members. This forum would be a closed one and apart from the moderator only a couple of other folks would have view/edit access. Moderators would reach out to new users who have met a minimum criteria like (6 postings over the last 3 months or detailed review of a new purchase that they have made) and obtain their VIN details and add it to the list. This list can be shared with Ford. Also I don't think publishing VIN numbers is risky in India.

BTW it feels nice to see a lot of new Ford threads popping up and my wishes to all the new owners for owning the most enjoyable car

I just returned back from a a trip to Australia and I missed my Fiesta during the Great Ocean Drive . I was surprised to find a lot of Getz on the roads.

[quote=shajufx;1457215]You said it. Its a very much practical suggestion which we could get it as a family of team-bhpians. We should have some identity first, car sticker might do the trick, but anyone could get a sticker and claim for discounts too ! Lets think about some practial solution.
Old 31st August 2009, 19:10   #389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
What, only 400 on the odo, and nearly 19000 posts on this thread??-----it's gotta be the other way round, shajufx. Hope you munch more miles this week!!
Hey Sirji, we are Fiesta owners, we need to drink 1 ltr of petrol every 10 kms , so if I am not careful, my family will starve and become pencil thin, while the Fiesta will become a monster on road !! LOL. As of now the ODO is 460 kms as I did an Airport trip in the afternoon. So thats one full tank already emptied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajird View Post
for this excellent thread which invites discussion in all forms.
Thanks for the appreciation. There are Gurus here who are ahead of me, who inspired for all the chain of events. Starting right from our senior Vnabhi, Unni and atleast a 3 lines full of names who are already proud Fiesta owners and very helpful to whatever kind of enquiries one will have. I am only carrying forward the spirit I got from them, nothing else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshvin View Post
I am using Insurance Smart Card of Bajaj Allianz from last three years.
I think Ford or the dealer has some tie-up with Bajaj Allianz. What we got also happen to be of Bajaj Allianz. Original policy has not reached yet, so I will check with them about the smart card possibility. Thanks for the info.

Tire upgrade connected to ODO and Speed !

I have gone to the Airport atleast 5 times from its opening time to pick up or drop someone in the family. The exact distance from my parking lot to the drop off point is 27 kms. I have checked it and reconfirmed this figure all 5 times without fail. So thats the basis of the next doubt/question.

Today I had to pick up my wife's parents, so drove the Fiesta for the first time to the airport. As my routine, I reset the trip meter to ZERO and started from home. Entered the Airport P2 parking lot and I found the trip meter showing 29.5 kms. First I got a shock, but I wanted to reconfirm the same. So reset the trip meter again to ZERO before starting back. I reached my parking lot, again the figure is showing 29.7.

Now the actual doubt/question; I know there is a 2% ODO error when the stock tire 175/65/R14 is upgraded to 185/65/R14 which will show 100 kmph when the vehicle is actually doing 102 kmph. This is a clear calculation. Now how does it affect the distance covered ? In the above instance, its a difference of 2.5 kms (which is an error from the actual 27 kms). Day after I will be doing around 550 kms single day. So based on the 27 km to 2.5 km extra, it could be 550 km to 50 kms extra as an error. I dont know if I am doing a stupid calculation and confusing myself.

Gurus, please throw some light on this. Reprogramming the ECU is anyway a must, but if the error ratio is this high, it should be done ASAP than waiting for the first service. Thanks in advance.
Old 1st September 2009, 12:47   #390
Senior - BHPian

Here is the first full tank to full tank Mileage calculation

First full tank was done with 37 ltrs while the ODO showed 180 kms. Then the free petrol 5 ltrs went in. Today I did another full tank with 17 ltrs as the ODO is now 465 kms. Both tank fills were from the IOC near BEL Circle, auto cut off method, both before 7am.

So I am getting a figure of 12.95 kmpl as of now (only 50% AC used and 70% city drive). Will be doing a 550 kms run tomorow. That will be another chance to check the figures as 90% of the running will be on NH4 with 5 people inside with fulltime AC. Will update day after.
Closed Thread