Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 23rd June 2009, 14:38   #31
Senior - BHPian

There u go. This is the one rkbharat is mentioned about in earlier post
Do read the last line. It says "Limited edition ford fiesta available only for residents of DELHI, NCR, MUMBAI & THANE."

But you sure can show this to your dealer there and negotiate the price further.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI: Upgraded ICE, Tires, Lights & now Seats-getimage.png  

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 23rd June 2009 at 14:41.
Old 24th June 2009, 09:55   #32
Senior - BHPian

Nice choice of color you have there.
can we get sports spoiler & skirts as accessories.if so how much would be the cost.
Old 24th June 2009, 15:26   #33
BHPian

Did you book the car? It was supposed to happen today, right?
Old 24th June 2009, 15:51   #34
Senior - BHPian

Yes Unni, I was busy visiting the st.marks road Metro Ford showroom to check the color personally. Infact, there is nothing special about this color, only highlight is 'not many on road with a morello coating'. Black and White are too common around, including plenty of Govt 'babus' roaming around in white fiestas. I liked 'Jeans Blue' on fiesta, but its a discontinued shade now. When it comes to color choice, my first preference would be 'Aquarius', sadly its available only on the sports version. For the sake of color I would not buy a sports because the suspension is stiffer, no rear seat centre arm rest, no chromium touches in many places, rear seat head rest is fixed etc. Overall package ZXI is the best bet now.

So, I retain my decision to stick to Morello. Booking is done verbally, sales chap has not collected cheque so far, may be they are too busy running around reaching sales targets for the month. Someone will come to collect the payment. I am yet to do my final bargaining based on the mumbai, delhi offer of 5.55 displayed on top of this page. I dont think its practical anywhere in south.

About the accessories part, they have chromium sports pedal pads for 4k, alloys ranging from 18k to 24k, autocop and few reverse sensors displayed at st.mark's road. Sports kit can be available only on request, because not many even ask about it. Spoiler is slightly different from the sports version if bought alone. Cost part is yet to be confirmed. There are few more price revisions expected soon on accessories.

Summary:
Booked Fiesta 1.6 ZXI Morello
Delivery promised = 10 days, thats 3rd or 4th of July 2009 !
Old 24th June 2009, 16:39   #35
BHPian

Congrats Shaju. Fiesta is a good car and packs in a few goodies for a very good price. I too love the car. The only problem I found was lack of support from FORD if some problem crops up. Otherwise the package is really good. Sincerely wishing you a very happy ownership.

I think its almost 1.5 lakhs less than its nearest petrol rival for like features and you also get a superb engine and handling char with it.
Old 24th June 2009, 16:52   #36
Senior - BHPian

Congrats once again. A chrome sports pedal kit cost me Rs 2800 incl taxes---have they increased the prices?
The Ford Spoiler used to cost 9K 2 years ago, but I am told it is now around 6 k. I installed an after market one for Rs 2500.
It's good to know that they are revising the prices---I paid Rs 22 K for a set of 4 alloys 2 years ago.
Old 24th June 2009, 17:52   #37
BHPian

Does the above model has ABS + EBD as well ?
Old 24th June 2009, 18:10   #38
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Krish, Ford support is going through lot of improvements and the accessories prices have been revised bigtime already, as demanded by competition and economic downturn. So that is a relief from now on. You are right on the segment pricing. Verna fully loaded petrol goes close to 8.50 on road. I am not very sure about the on-road quote for aveo fully loaded.

Thanks again vnabhi. I dont know if there are 2 qualities of sports pedal kit. Spoiler is 6k as confirmed by another friend who bought it last week. I want to clarify about the after market alloys. Someone told that would void the warranty, no clue how it can ! May be that is a rumour, so that people buy from Ford itself.

Hi Scarlet, ABS+EBD, 2 DIN music system with 6 speakers, fog lamps etc are just some of the many features that comes in ZXI version that were added recently at no extra cost.
Old 24th June 2009, 18:52   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I am yet to do my final bargaining based on the mumbai, delhi offer of 5.55 displayed on top of this page. I dont think its practical anywhere in south.
Don't pin too much of hope on that though. But, do try, hard-earned money and all that

Quote:
Summary:
Booked Fiesta 1.6 ZXI Morello
I think they'll stick to the delivery date. Congrats again!!

Quote:
Spoiler is 6k as confirmed by another friend who bought it last week.
Good to see the prices going south. When I had enquired 10-11months back, it was 8k.
Old 24th June 2009, 19:04   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
I think they'll stick to the delivery date. Congrats again!!.
I spoke about the 5.5 deal in North, but they dont have any clue about it, neither there is anything similar expected here. Also note that the offer is mentioning 'Limited Edition' Fiesta. What I guess is, some excess old stock of that version is getting cleared through discounts.

I think a reverse parking sensor is more important than anything else in a city with overcrowded roads and limited parking spaces. I was checking this site Ford Parking Sensor | No Holes | Front & Rear Reverse Parking Sensors Anybody has bought something like this ? There is no drilling nor any visible sensors outside.
Old 24th June 2009, 22:51   #41
Senior - BHPian

There's no 2 types of sports pedal kits---what I've bought is exactly what you get with the 1.6 S. I've bought it from Mody Ford a year ago. Do you want me to check up from them?

After market alloys wont void warranty. The stock Ford alloys are made by Hindalco---and I read on this forum recently that they are winding up that company. I did not have the wisdom to go for after market alloys, and paid a lot more for Ford/ Hindalco alloys

Last edited by vnabhi : 24th June 2009 at 22:53.
Old 29th June 2009, 12:33   #42
Senior - BHPian

Yes I agree, there is no dual quality items at Ford. I just got the price list of all ford items. Sports pedal is priced at 2250, reverse sensor at 2500, rear wing spoiler for 8000 etc. I want to do a lot of mods in and out of the car but all after July.

Want to feel the stock tires and other things before deciding on what could improve by mod works. My target could be a 5 spoke chrome alloy 14" with a 185/65 upsize of tires from Michelin. Other things in mind are spoiler, sports pedals and mostly a leather seating if required, reason being the beige fabric too sensitive to dirt and dust. I like the beige interior, but the dual quality of fabric used might get dirty too soon with 2 kids inside (thank God no dogs yet). Centre portion of the seats has a rougher fabric while edges feel like velvet soft which will suck dirt anywhere in the vicinity.

Fordies here, do your rear spoilers have stop light (LEDs) built in ? The Aveo LT spoiler looks too good to my liking. May be I have to check for such spoilers at JC road or similar places.

About the reverse parking sensor, has anyone tried electromagnetic technology products (which has an antenna strip inside the bumper, avoiding drilling to fix sensors) ? I metioned the link of parkingdynamics.co.uk above. By Shipping it will cost around 6k total, which I find far better than 4 sensors drilled around the bumper. Suggestions please. !
Old 30th June 2009, 15:20   #43
BHPian

Finally , I got to see a Fiesta after quite a long time. Was getting tired of the Lineas/Swift/i10's. No doubt the Fiesta is a good car, unfortunately it got sidelined by other models.

Shaju enjoy your new car and take care of her.
Old 2nd July 2009, 18:50   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Booked Fiesta 1.6 ZXI Morello (24th June 2009)
Promise is only a promise (not as TATA gave on nano) from Ford dealer ! Tomorow it will be 10 days of waiting after my booking. The sales guy is not even able to give any date on the arrival of stock from the plant in chennai. To top up the anxiety, he said "Sir, there is so much of demand for the car in Delhi and North generally because of some offers going on there. So stock to Bangalore is getting delayed".

Means the plant is not able to cop up the demand created by huge offers up North. I asked him "Should I wait or cancel the booking?". He said he will update me by night. I am in a confusion now. If they cant commit a date on delivery, I will have to rethink my options again. North wallahs are getting huge discounts and South wallahs are paying high prices inspite of the country's highest road tax we pay here. Can we call it justice ? I find the price difference between North and South itself is a kick on the south customers. How can we have such a huge difference in the same country ?

Last edited by shajufx : 2nd July 2009 at 18:53.
Old 2nd July 2009, 22:26   #45
BHPian

Was searching for this thread to ask you about the delivery date. Hope you get the car soon.
Closed Thread