Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 9th December 2009, 18:40   #661
Senior - BHPian

Sorry. I meant it looks and is abnormal but a very small issue. LOL. You're kinda right. Team Bhp actually provides a lot of solutions in real time. Immediately at times. That's why we love it here!
Old 9th December 2009, 19:52   #662
BHPian

A horse got so captivated by your Fiesta that it lost step and fell on (for) your car. Too much!! Sorry, couldnt help it.

I guess it can be rectified easily at the service center.
Old 9th December 2009, 20:01   #663
Senior - BHPian

Some respective members do border to border trips almost every week but never reveals how many cows, horses, bulls, donkeys, monkeys etc kissed them or vice versa. I was just trying to be open !

Last edited by shajufx : 9th December 2009 at 20:03.
Old 20th December 2009, 14:37   #664
BHPian

Hi Please add me as well I bought a Fiesta 1.4 zxi 2 months ago. Jus came across this Fiesta owners thread. Thanks
Old 21st December 2009, 15:33   #665
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR8NATIVE View Post
Hi Please add me as well I bought a Fiesta 1.4 zxi 2 months ago. Jus came across this Fiesta owners thread. Thanks
+
will add it in the other thread (all fiesta owners -you are here )where all the names of the fiesta owners are given !
Old 22nd January 2010, 19:19   #666
Senior - BHPian

Default Second free service done !

My Fiesta has got its 2nd free service at ODO 3100 today. Engine oil and oil filter has been changed. Some members might remember the front bonnet gap which I had mentioned with a picture in the previous page here. They found the right head light assembly has a broken lower bracket (1 out of 3 brackets). Its been replaced and the panel gap is balanced.

I can find only 2 possibilities for this broken bracket; 1)someone sitting or leaning on the right head-light area at any parking places, 2)a horse landing on my front right bumper at a signal-waiting near Coimbatore on my trip to Kerala.

Now the cost part:
Engine oil ; 699.20
Oil filter ; 60.91
head light bracket & labour ; 115.56
VAT ; 109.46
Total (rounded) ; 985
Pick up and drop tip ; 65
Grand Total ; 1050

Now I am thinking of my WagonR service history, even for a simple jump start they ripped me off with a bill of Rs.500/-, another Rs.500 for a bumper scratch touch up. I cant remember any usual service bills less than Rs.3000. Not forgetting the pick up and drop at my expense all the time.
Old 22nd January 2010, 19:55   #667
BHPian

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
My Fiesta has got its 2nd free service at ODO 3100 today. Engine oil and oil filter has been changed.
Can you let me know whether this is your last free service? My dealer told me so - that the 6 months service is the last free service.

Quote:
Now I am thinking of my WagonR service history, even for a simple jump start they ripped me off with a bill of Rs.500/-, another Rs.500 for a bumper scratch touch up. I cant remember any usual service bills less than Rs.3000. Not forgetting the pick up and drop at my expense all the time.
Quite unlikely to see someone saying Maruti service cost actually more than that of FORD
Old 22nd January 2010, 23:09   #668
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My 800 paid service bills are typically 3-4K as well. Let's wait and see what the Fiesta paid service bills are like.
Old 23rd January 2010, 11:28   #669
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My Fiesta has got its 2nd free service at ODO 3100 today. Engine oil and oil filter has been changed. Some members might remember the front bonnet gap which I had mentioned with a picture in the previous page here. They found the right head light assembly has a broken lower bracket (1 out of 3 brackets). Its been replaced and the panel gap is balanced.

I can find only 2 possibilities for this broken bracket; 1)someone sitting or leaning on the right head-light area at any parking places, 2)a horse landing on my front right bumper at a signal-waiting near Coimbatore on my trip to Kerala.

Now the cost part:
Engine oil ; 699.20
Oil filter ; 60.91
head light bracket & labour ; 115.56
VAT ; 109.46
Total (rounded) ; 985
Pick up and drop tip ; 65
Grand Total ; 1050

+
Hai - whats this horse business?
Does this mean the horse also loved your fiesta at first sight and landed on the bumber -LOL
++
Ford service cost is much less than that of Maruti? Good !
Old 25th January 2010, 13:53   #670
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh View Post
Can you let me know whether this is your last free service?
I am not very sure, need to check the number of free services available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Does this mean the horse also loved your fiesta at first sight and landed on the bumber !
I think horses love the Fiesta !! They just jump infront to get a better view of our beauty!

About the Ford Vs Maruti service cost, I just posted what I felt through my experience with a wagonR for 2 years. Service bills were never less than 3k, not counting the jump-start type of small services which they charge too much. Ford expenses may not be less, but if my wagonR and Fiesta service bills are same, that itself make me think in favour of Fiesta.
Old 30th January 2010, 21:38   #671
BHPian

Hi Shaju
Just wanted to know about 1 common problem that I was reading on the other fiesta thread. Did you ever face the problem with the steering? Take a turn on bumps and you can feel the steering shaking. This has been common to many Fiesta users (Fiesta 1.6S also). Is this really true ?
-Thanks
Old 30th January 2010, 22:00   #672
BHPian

Only 600 bucks for engine oil? Whoa! In some Linea thread I saw something around 3000 bucks for a Linea? How come such a huge difference?

Vibhansu, how many is many? AFAIK, some 3-4 bhpians have reported this issue. Out of this, frankbahi's issue is resolved it seems.

There are lot of Fiestian's post-Nov09 here (including me)..not sure if any of the new batches are having this issue? Correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited by sanjayc : 30th January 2010 at 22:03.
Old 30th January 2010, 22:16   #673
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibhanshu View Post
Did you ever face the problem with the steering?
Vibhanshu, first of all its not a common issue, only some have reported this not everyone. I read the same and tried different sharp turns in very bad broken roads, could not find any noise so far. May be I should stop trying instead of creating an issue which does not exist in my Fiesta. Now I am curious to know if the same can pop at a later stage. I have 5 fiestas in my society that are over 2 years old, not a single one has commented an issue like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Only 600 bucks for engine oil? Whoa! In some Linea thread I saw something around 3000 bucks for a Linea? How come such a huge difference?
If Linea owners read this, they might get a heart burn for sure !! I havent mistaken my service bill figures, its true.
Old 31st January 2010, 10:18   #674
Senior - BHPian

@vibhanshu
My car too do not have any such steering problem so far!
We already have almost 84/85 members owning fiesta and only few complaints like this one reported so far?
Old 31st January 2010, 12:15   #675
BHPian

@Shajufx/nairrk:
Its a good thing then. I just wanted hear from the owners.

But those who got such issue, then did the company replace it without hickups ?
Closed Thread