Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 31st January 2010, 12:47   #676
Senior - BHPian

I dont have any steering issue so far although taking out from my parking lot itself involves a full turn on the steering both sides. My driving always had atleast 2 or 3 kms of very badly broken roads until December (now its all patched up until Monsoon). After it was reported in our fiesta thread, I made sure to drive around with the music OFF, so that I could recognise any noise from the steering, but so far nothing. Mine is a July 2009 manufactured fiesta.

Now about the response from Ford, I dont think there is any collective reporting done to Ford about the issue other than exceptional individual cases, which is already been taken care of through the dealer level itself.
Old 4th March 2010, 13:12   #677
Senior - BHPian

Unhappy First scratch !!!

So atlast I am eligible to join the 'scratched group of owners' ! Thank God, its not that bad. Here is how:

My bike was over-due for service and I didnt want to roam around in the heat searching for an auto to come back home (after dropping the bike for service). Asked wifee if she can drive the fiesta and follow my bike, therefore we could come back together saving time. She happily agreed although not driven for over an year.

I moved out of our society compound gate and waited, here she comes out of the gate, BUT crashing one side of the metal gate (only half portion is opened by the security, except for BBMP waste truck or bigger carrier trucks). She judged the left side very wrong and here we have a defigured left door, it doesnt open from outside. Anyway we headed towards the bike service point and came back. I am waiting for the weekend to call up Ford service guys, hopefully its a minor work and touch up. Pics taken by mobile, so excuse the quality.
Name:  IMG00006.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  269.8 KB

Name:  IMG00008.jpg
Views: 551
Size:  150.1 KB
Old 4th March 2010, 14:03   #678
Team-BHP Support

Shaju, that would involve some bodywork, followed by painting which is done for the whole door. It is also quite possible that you would lose the side strip and would need to get a new one for that door.
Old 4th March 2010, 14:11   #679
Senior - BHPian

OMG, that's not a scratch. That's a solid dent which will need bodywork :( Are you planning to claim insurance?
Old 4th March 2010, 14:26   #680
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
would involve some bodywork, followed by painting which is done for the whole door.
Yes, I understand buddy. Just consoling myself that wifee didnt make any mistakes in the thick traffic outside, that would have been spoiling the entire day and even worrying about someone else's damage too !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
OMG, that's not a scratch. That's a solid dent which will need bodywork :( Are you planning to claim insurance?
Now please dont scare me, I am waiting for Saturday, so that I get an idea about whats the damage for the wallet. Do we need to claim the insurance ? I dont know yet. I will post here everything related to it, so that others will have an idea.
Old 4th March 2010, 14:29   #681
Senior - BHPian

Unhappy

@ shaju

Eeeks. Thats a big dent and supposedly a big hole in your pocket too. This is surely gonna need some painting job too. Its definetly not a minor job. Pls post what the Ford service guys had to say.
Old 4th March 2010, 14:37   #682
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Now please dont scare me, I am waiting for Saturday, so that I get an idea about whats the damage for the wallet. Do we need to claim the insurance ? I dont know yet. I will post here everything related to it, so that others will have an idea.
If it costs 4K or less, pay out of your own pocket. You will get it back through the 20% NCB discount when you renew (assuming you paid 20K for insurance AND don't crash anywhere else). Claim insurance if it's more than 4K.
Old 4th March 2010, 15:42   #683
BHPian

Quote:
So atlast I am eligible to join the 'scratched group of owners' ! Thank God, its not that bad. Here is how:
Nope, you have eluded the "scratched club"..where is the scratch here..you have a big dent. Needs to be corrected from inside..since you mention it cannot be opened from outside, check out the lock as well for proper functioning. I would suggest to replace the entire door if the difference compared to repair cost is within a few Ks. And claim insurance for the same.

I must commend your compound gate..is it made of metal or wood? How come only dent but no scratch!
Old 4th March 2010, 16:22   #684
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Pls post what the Ford service guys had to say.
I will do that, guranteed !

Quote:
Claim insurance if it's more than 4K.
Fingers crossed about the actual cost calculation !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
I would suggest to replace the entire door if the difference compared to repair cost is within a few Ks. And claim insurance for the same.........I must commend your compound gate..is it made of metal or wood? How come only dent but no scratch!
Sanju, I will do that as you suggest. About the gate, how I wish it was made of rubber !! Its metal. Opening half the gate is comfortable for an Innova to pass without any hesitation, but you know ladies. They sometimes ignore one side completely !!!

Infact I feel sad for my wifee, she was expecting a scream or shouting from me, I didnt speak a word, but was looking at the door with a sad face. Later I said: "Your help is going to cost me over 5k". Then I consoled her "Something nasty was supposed to happen on the road, we are lucky if its limited to this dent".
Old 4th March 2010, 16:30   #685
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
If it costs 4K or less, pay out of your own pocket. You will get it back through the 20% NCB discount when you renew (assuming you paid 20K for insurance AND don't crash anywhere else). Claim insurance if it's more than 4K.
Personally, i dont think it would limit itself to just 4k if done at the dealer. 6-8k is my approximation.

You can try out Sai Colorium which has been lauded by a lot of members on the forum. You would defintiely get a cheaper rate for the denting and painting work.
Old 4th March 2010, 16:52   #686
Senior - BHPian

Benny, is it wise idea to take a 7 month old fiesta to a 3rd party workshop ? If it was out of the warranty period, I wouldnt have doubted a bit on that. I have around 4 tinkers and painters (bodyshop) around me within 3 kms, who take up all kinds of vehicles.
Old 4th March 2010, 19:34   #687
Senior - BHPian

Morello, along with the Aquarius, is probably one of the more weirder (but sexy) colors released by Ford. I am not sure how good the paint matching at an independent garage would be. I would recommend you get the job done at the Ford A.S.S.
Old 4th March 2010, 19:58   #688
Senior - BHPian

True Gil, thats exactly what prevents me from going anywhere else. Its not easy to match the Morello of Ford. A minute difference in the colour mix can make the left door 'stand-out'.

I spoke to the Ford body shop, they estimated a 2 days time for tinkering and painting. Estimation of cost will be at their place. Brand new door panel comes to 5k as informed by the service manager. I dont think mine will go to that stage, so assuming it would be within 3k.

More update as it comes.
Old 4th March 2010, 20:40   #689
BHPian

Since the dent is vertical and covers almost the entire height of the door, and considering it is not in the middle but at the edge, IMO it is better to replace the door panel..tinkering will only straighten out the bend but if you feel by running your palm on it, it may still give the dent feeling. IMO, because the damage is at the edge, the impact in these areas are more while closing..not sure what will happen in long term! Moreover, the door handle also seems to be slightly bent. Also, I don't think tinkering will be able to exactly match the shape at the top horizontal line (above the handle) where your dent starts.
Old 4th March 2010, 20:51   #690
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Brand new door panel comes to 5k as informed by the service manager. I dont think mine will go to that stage, so assuming it would be within 3k.

More update as it comes.
That must be just the unpainted panel? You can add another 3K for painting that panel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Since the dent is vertical and covers almost the entire height of the door, and considering..
Looking at the damage, I would second replacing the door as well through insurance. The panel and painting would be fully covered by insurance.
Closed Thread