Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 4th March 2010, 21:49   #691
Senior - BHPian

Sanjay and Gil, thanks for the suggestions, I am keeping all the options open until the cost estimation is done. Then we can decide on the more feasible choice, less damage for the wallet.
Old 5th March 2010, 09:51   #692
Senior - BHPian

@shaju
I didnt see your photo/post yesterday- anyway its bad?
I think bad time- for your vitamin M?
Anyway, next time she will be more careful whenever driving through your building gate!
+
I was just thinking that what happened to the fiestans whose postings are now-a-days reduced (inlcuding mine as presently am busy on something else). So here comes you with a bang!
Old 5th March 2010, 11:22   #693
BHPian

@shajufx
Sorry to see the pics & read your post. Strange things can happen sometimes. I remember banging the left side of my Santro bumper against my gate while entering my garage some time ago. I had been driving for a few decades, the car was already a few years old & we had been living in this house for more than 12 years. I ended up damaging the metal gate, so you can imagine what happened to the bumper.
I would definitely recommend replacing the door but anticipate strong resistance from the workshop as well as the insurance company. They will want to repair it & you know why.
Old 5th March 2010, 13:17   #694
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Morello, along with the Aquarius, is probably one of the more weirder (but sexy) colors released by Ford. I am not sure how good the paint matching at an independent garage would be. I would recommend you get the job done at the Ford A.S.S.
Your telling me?! I have what Ford calls 'Jewel Violet' on my Ikon. When the transfer of vehicles happened from Cauvery Ford to Lathangi Ford, the software didnt even have 'Jewel Violet; as part of master data! Finally, the color for my car was updated as Morello.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
True Gil, thats exactly what prevents me from going anywhere else. Its not easy to match the Morello of Ford. A minute difference in the colour mix can make the left door 'stand-out'.

I spoke to the Ford body shop, they estimated a 2 days time for tinkering and painting. Estimation of cost will be at their place. Brand new door panel comes to 5k as informed by the service manager. I dont think mine will go to that stage, so assuming it would be within 3k.

More update as it comes.
These days, it shouldnt be to difficult for an independent garage to source the exact paint shade from outside, and they even do a good job at it. Ofcourse, you should weigh your options, and plan accordingly.
Old 8th March 2010, 12:44   #695
Senior - BHPian

Shaju, whats the update on your car?
Did you took her to the workshop and what serious is the damage?
Old 8th March 2010, 14:50   #696
Senior - BHPian

Default Left Door dent estimation and update:

As I didnt have enough time to take the car to the ford bodyshop during weekend, it was done today. I reached the metro ford hessarghatta bodyshop by 10.30am. I had already spoken to the service manager regarding the issue last friday and it was easy by meeting the same person, instead of being in the line. Man this service centre is always busy, people are banging their cars twice a day I think !!!!

On a casual inspection of the door, it was assumed to be costing between 7k to 9k (luckily only the front left door and no marks anywhere else, half inch more it would have been spreading to the left back door too). My insurance is with Bajaj Allianz, therefore I had to get the claim intimation over the toll free number which was a real pain. After trying the number over a dozen times, it got through and after holding the line for 10 mts I got the claim number, which had to be filled in the form.

Insurance guys had already left for the day after the survey before I reached the place, therefore my survey will be done only tomorow, Tuesday. So, ford estimation was prepared. Here I am giving the details for the information of everyone here;

Parts details: (maximum possible changes, unconfirmed)
Moulding = 349
BZL DR LK CYL = 261 (I think its some door lock stuff)
Pad door lock cylind = 37
Handle door outer = 258
Weatherstrip DR Belt = 473
Panel Asy door out = 2433
Seam sealant = 830

Labour details: (not much change expected)
R/R LH Front door = 386
Renew LH front door skin replacement = 1654
Painting of front LH door = 3198

So here we have a parts total of 4644 and labour total of 5239. (Paisa part is omitted on all figures above, so total may be slightly different if you calculate). Grand total is estimated to be 9883. I think thats enough reward for my wife's attempt to take the car out of our compound .

Now, how much is covered by insurance is a question that will be cleared only by tomorow. I hope it should be 80% or more. Lets wait until they examine the door tomorow. Thats it as of now. My fiesta baby will be sleeping at a very very hot open parking lot of the service centre for 4 days. Hopefully getting it by Friday. Actual cost and insurance covered amount will be updated as soon as I get the details. Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions.
Old 8th March 2010, 15:17   #697
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs up

@ Shaju

Thats a big bill. But would Ford be mending the damaged door. What about the quotation for a new door. Would it be costlier than repairing the existing one. Can you let us know the details about that.
Sorry to know that you cannot get your baby back home before Friday, but then she will all new & sparkling. Dont worry be happy. Take care
Old 8th March 2010, 16:32   #698
Senior - BHPian

Hi buddy, its as equal as a new door. Estimate includes a brand new outer door skin (the metal layer outside). Tinkering and painting of the existing panel will not have a smooth finish of the original according to the service manager. BUT, if taken to any other 3rd party body shop, they might re-do the same door costing less than half of whats estimated by the Ford service centre, I can bet on that. Afterall, its 90% metal and 10% plastic involved.

Anyway, this is my first-time experience on a dent, also the car is just 7 months, so didnt feel like going anywhere else for the work, a bit of inhibition about my Morello colour, which is not a common colour to get it easily. But one thing I can boldly say, If the colour was white or black or silver, I would have taken cost estimation from 3 different places (Ford and two 3rd party bodyshops) before finalising the place, seriously.
Old 8th March 2010, 16:43   #699
Senior - BHPian

Shaju, my car had a shunt yesterday too. Details on my thread. The Bajaj Allianz no. was damn painful. It used to disconnect exactly after we press 2 for Claims. Maybe it's done on purpose. I finally got through an hour back and got the claim number. Why are claim numbers so long anyway.

I took it to a Ford workshop on the outskirts. It looked fairly busy but I was attented to immediately. Filled the forms etc. The surveyor came an hour after I left and gave the approval. I called up the SA later and game him the claim no. Apparently the SA has mailed me the estimate. I'll post it later tonight. He also agreed to remove the other minor scratch on the bumper.

Not a good week for Fiestas I guess. Others, be careful.

Last edited by Gilead : 8th March 2010 at 16:44.
Old 8th March 2010, 17:09   #700
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
++

but both of your cars damaged by other than yourselves-

shaju's car was handled by his wify and yours -your friend.

so who is to be blamed -the fiesta's or the owners or the party damaged it?
Old 8th March 2010, 17:19   #701
Senior - BHPian

Gil, sad to hear that, I was reading the same in your thread. Now after having a dent on my fiesta, many residents in our compound were commenting about the cost they had to pay for scratches and dents on their respective cars at different situations. One Santro guy was leading the show with an estimation of 28k for few minor scratches and a small dent on the bumper. He didnt get the work done, therefore I could see the damage still fresh on his car, which is way above any cost estimation. An outside bodyshop could do his santro work for less than 10k. So, nobody is less in draining out the customer's wallet !

I dont have any idea on your dent details as there are no pics posted. Please post some for a general awareness, someone would need them in the future for reference in cost calculation. What you said about bajaj allianz is absolutely true. Its a real pain to get through. "Press 2 for claims", you immediately get a busy tone and call gets cut. Do they intentionally do that ? I wonder.

About the luck part, what Nairji mentioned is very true. Both of us didnt drive it to trouble. So thats a lucky omen. In my case, wifee's time was very bad for 2 days. She had taken the fiesta out alone to accompany my bike to the Honda service point, so that I could return in the car. The dent happend at the exit gate of our compound itself.

Things didnt end there. I took her with me to the bike service point next day, this time getting a lift by our neighbour. While collecting the bike and returning home, we got caught by the cops for jumping the signal !! Infact it was not jumping the signal, but taking a free left turn when the road was totally empty, these guys were hiding and standing with the receipt book. Had some attempts to avoid the payment, but had to give away Rs.100 with a receipt. So, whose time was bad here ? You got the point. LOL
Old 8th March 2010, 17:30   #702
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I dont have any idea on your dent details as there are no pics posted. Please post some for a general awareness, someone would need them in the future for reference in cost calculation. What you said about bajaj allianz is absolutely true. Its a real pain to get through. "Press 2 for claims", you immediately get a busy tone and call gets cut. Do they intentionally do that ? I wonder.
I didn't take any pics. Didn't feel like it. The side skirt probably saved the door from getting damaged. The estimate I received can be used for future reference. I'll post it.

Quote:
While collecting the bike and returning home, we got caught by the cops for jumping the signal !! Infact it was not jumping the signal, but taking a free left turn when the road was totally empty, these guys were hiding and standing with the receipt book. Had some attempts to avoid the payment, but had to give away Rs.100 with a receipt. So, whose time was bad here ? You got the point. LOL
Your 'time' is indeed bad. You may want to do something to ward off evil eyes.
Old 8th March 2010, 17:35   #703
Senior - BHPian

Shaju - you meant to say that since you have taken your wife alongwith you, you had to pay rs.100 to the cops (anyway you are funding the bangalore cops-I remember few months back you paid some bucks for overspeeding and you had to cut ration for one month?) ? then you consider it is your wify's bad time (easy way to pass the blame-lol). Btw, you said it was a free left turn, but still you had to pay fine?
Old 8th March 2010, 17:36   #704
BHPian

Quote:
Seems like...the other Fiesta-S at the track event also averted a major disaster it seems, by trying to overtake 2 cars by squeezing in between.
Old 8th March 2010, 17:42   #705
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Seems like...the other Fiesta-S at the track event also averted a major disaster it seems, by trying to overtake 2 cars by squeezing in between.
There were two other 1.6S on the track. Sathee46's Aquarius and Anachronix's Black. Which one are you talking about? And did this 'squeeze' happen on the track?
Closed Thread