Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 8th March 2010, 17:46   #706
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
There were two other 1.6S on the track. Sathee46's Aquarius and Anachronix's Black. Which one are you talking about? And did this 'squeeze' happen on the track?
The other Aquarius one! Anachronix's did'nt take his to the track..did he?
I overheard couple of guys talking about this 'squeeze' incident when they came back from the track..and yes, it happened on the track.
Old 8th March 2010, 17:49   #707
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
....I remember few months back you paid some bucks for overspeeding and you had to cut ration for one month......Btw, you said it was a free left turn, but still you had to pay fine?
That mistake was not intentional, as I was doing above 70kmph in the centre track which was supposed to be limited to 60kmph, whereas the fast track could go upto 80kmph. I was supposed to be in the fast track, maintaining just 80, but a cyclist lifted his cycle and crossed the road, which made me deviate to the centre, eventually ending up infront of the interceptor which I have never seen on that road until then and never after that day ! My bad luck.

About the free left, I meant I took a left turn which was not a free left. I moved because the road was totally empty on my side. And it was an off-peak hour ! If there is a crowd, I always move with the crowd, never try to act smart with the traffic rules or signals. This somehow happend and I paid for that.

Now the main worry is none of the above. Bangalore cops are equipped with 500+ blackberry phones and wifi mini printers. Each violation is recorded live and history of a vehicle or a driver can be pulled up within seconds once this new system is in full swing. Regular violators get serious punishments including a 3 month jail at certain cases. So, updating personal threads online from an isolated cell while eating wheat balls is not far away !
Old 8th March 2010, 18:02   #708
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Now the main worry is none of the above. Bangalore cops are equipped with 500+ blackberry phones and wifi mini printers. Each violation is recorded live and history of a vehicle or a driver can be pulled up within seconds once this new system is in full swing. Regular violators get serious punishments including a 3 month jail at certain cases. So, updating personal threads online from an isolated cell while eating wheat balls is not far away !
+
So, looks like bangalore roads are going to be less traffic soon, may be
because of:

1-many drivers will be behind the bars (I mean jail)
2-some may keep their cars at home and use public transport

(LOL)
Old 8th March 2010, 18:07   #709
BHPian

Finally, great to see Nairji having a gala time today;-} Particulary bestowing his love & affection on Shaju.

And, another Fiesta misfortune...aashishgandhi has lot his "A". Man, I am taking "autos" this week.

Last edited by sanjayc : 8th March 2010 at 18:08.
Old 8th March 2010, 18:18   #710
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
1-many drivers will be behind the bars (I mean jail)
2-some may keep their cars at home and use public transport
Although it sounds funny, what you said is absolutely true. Point 1 is not yet showing any possibility so far, but point 2 is already taking place. The demand for public transport has gone up so high, BMTC has introduced 100s of new services recently. Availability and frequency of volvo AC coaches is making a huge change in the public mentality towards govt transport too. I dont mind moving around the city in a volvo, its so comfortable and tension-free !

Sanju, dont be jelous, Nairji is kind enough to show his affection to everyone here. No partialities !! Sad to hear about another fiesta, whats happening guys ??

Infact you guys are all helping me to 'lock this thread' at a record speed with all the OT discussions ! Remember the fate of our main hang-out place. So, lets stick to the scratches and dents for a while !
Old 8th March 2010, 18:29   #711
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Finally, great to see Nairji having a gala time today;-} Particulary bestowing his love & affection on Shaju.

And, another Fiesta misfortune...aashishgandhi has lot his "A". Man, I am taking "autos" this week.
+
sanajy- it was the fact that recently there was low activity from the fiestans (not many postings seen). Looks like everyone was busy?

Suddenly some dent/scratches/minor accidents /missing letter in the number plate etc happened to fiestans in their fiesta's which made them to open up thier threads and all are become active once again. Now you can see two fiestas already in the work shop and thereby the discussion on the workshop charges/spare part costs etc will be there for few days
Old 8th March 2010, 20:36   #712
Senior - BHPian

Oh my baby, I miss you so much ! Hope you have a good night sleep with many of your brothers and sisters in the service centre parking lot !! Come back soon !!
Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI: Upgraded ICE, Tires, Lights & now Seats-fiestacol.jpg
Old 8th March 2010, 20:40   #713
BHPian

@Shaju, you are having a bad time with the cops! I've got fined once when on bike for taking a left, which was not free. Again, it was the no-traffic scene that pushed me to take the left, and ended up paying for it, literally.

With cops having Blackberrys, it is adivisable to be real careful. You don't want to get your car's image tarnished with multiple offences.
Old 8th March 2010, 20:49   #714
Senior - BHPian

lol shaju, that was a good one. My car must be swapping stories with a badly damaged Fiesta TDCi sitting next to it. When is your car expected to be back? Mine will be back only by Thu/Fri and I have to use the 800 for commuting till then. I never realized the 800 was so uncomfortable. Never felt like that before I got the Fiesta.

The workshop also doubles up as a yard for Chennai Ford. It was like a scene straight out of a nightmare. Rows of Fiestas, Ikons, Endys parked with several layers of dust on them and looking forlorn. Horrible sight.

Last edited by Gilead : 8th March 2010 at 20:51.
Old 8th March 2010, 20:54   #715
Senior - BHPian

Unni, long time no see !!! Yes fiestians are generally having a bad time. All on a sudden individual threads are popping up to life !

The problem is our DL number getting registered, because we might be on a bike one day and in the car another day, but single DL number goes to the 'infamous' record. I am being extra careful with the signals lately. But majority of the time 'innocent' people get caught and regular violators get lucky not being noticed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
When is your car expected to be back? Mine will be back only by Thu/Fri ........I never realized the 800 was so uncomfortable.
Same here Gil, I expect it by Thu/Fri. I dont have to commute around on a daily basis, so I am not worried about regular use. My bike is enough for any personal needs as it comes. You are talking about M800, I felt even the i10 was uncomfortable when I had to remove and park my friend's car within the compound !!

Last edited by shajufx : 8th March 2010 at 20:56.
Old 8th March 2010, 20:56   #716
BHPian

Which versions could be categorized as brothers and which one are sisters?

Gilead, going by your experience in CF here in Arumbakkam, the yard is a better bet with lot of space, I guess.
Old 8th March 2010, 21:01   #717
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Which versions could be categorized as brothers and which one are sisters?
I expected this question from Sanju ! Let me put it in a safer way..LOL
There were almost 4 Endeavours standing tall and proud (offcourse with bum and lip damages !!) whom I consider as brothers. All our Fiestas (SXI, S, ZXI, EXI) will go as sister fraternity ! Any objections ?
Old 8th March 2010, 21:11   #718
BHPian

No obejctions..particularly, the way Gilead baby-sit his S on the track (by his own admission, mind you. For me, I was so nervous that I started fumbling with seat-belts)..but post 10K/6mths, his S is going for a s*x change at the a.s.s and promises to burn the track.

BTW, have you got the quote, with parts/labour itemwise list (like the one Gilead has posted)? Am keen to see if these a.s.s are following a standardized parts/labour coding system across various centers.
Old 8th March 2010, 21:29   #719
Senior - BHPian

Sanju whatever is appearing on the estimate is typed in my post at noon. Actual estimation will be given only by tomorow over phone after they decide on the final works. Present estimation is the maximum possible quote, not the final one. I will update that part tomorow, as soon as I get it.
Old 9th March 2010, 09:44   #720
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I expected this question from Sanju ! Let me put it in a safer way..LOL
There were almost 4 Endeavours standing tall and proud (offcourse with bum and lip damages !!) whom I consider as brothers. All our Fiestas (SXI, S, ZXI, EXI) will go as sister fraternity ! Any objections ?
+
So, what about Figo when it comes around?
Younger brother or Sister or?
Closed Thread