Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 9th March 2010, 09:50   #721
Senior - BHPian

Figo looks like a brother to me, albeit a short one. I agree that Fiestas and Ikons are sisters. lol

Shaju, get the written estimate from them. Ford's standard procedure is to mail it to you.
Old 10th March 2010, 15:07   #722
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
+So, what about Figo when it comes around?
Younger brother or Sister or?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Figo looks like a brother to me, albeit a short one.......Shaju, get the written estimate from them. Ford's standard procedure is to mail it to you.
Yes Figo could be a younger brother as it doesnt have a boot . Gil, estimate is already given to me in print same day I delivered the car to them, that was just after the claim number was received over phone and the forms and document copies submitted to them. Everything might have taken a 2 hours time (10.30am to 12.30pm). The content of whatever I received in the estimate is posted here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1770990

Yesterday (9th march): Insurance surveyor did his work in the morning itself and sanctioned the claim. The service manager called around 11am to inform me that the work is started and the car could be delivered by Thursday evening or Friday lunch time. Approximate estimation is at 9.8k itself which is not yet accurate. They will change only whats damaged, outer skin (metal panel) is confirmed, but the inner parts are not yet sure. Eventually Bajaj will pay the total labour and part of the material cost. I might have to shell out 2 to 2.5k depending on the things refitted. Its related to the depreciation of plastic/rubber parts etc.
Old 10th March 2010, 16:41   #723
BHPian

Both yours and Gilead's insurance claims have gone pretty smooth it seems...not like the horror stories we keep reading everywhere.

I have done mine with National India..hope it will go smoothly as well when required.
Old 10th March 2010, 17:04   #724
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Both yours and Gilead's insurance claims have gone pretty smooth it seems...not like the horror stories we keep reading everywhere.

I have done mine with National India..hope it will go smoothly as well when required.
Bajaj Allianz looks pretty decent till now. Does National have a cashless tie up with Ford? If they do, it should be smooth as well. From what I have read, only ICICI and Reliance need to be avoided at all cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I might have to shell out 2 to 2.5k depending on the things refitted. Its related to the depreciation of plastic/rubber parts etc.
I was told I need to pay about 2-3K on a 25K claim. Most of it is because of the ORVM. So yours seems to be on the higher side when it's just a 9.5K claim. Maybe more rubber parts were damaged in yours.

Last edited by Gilead : 10th March 2010 at 17:08.
Old 10th March 2010, 18:15   #725
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
So yours seems to be on the higher side when it's just a 9.5K claim. Maybe more rubber parts were damaged in yours.
I still have no clue how they told me about my share when the total could be well within 9k. One thing I remember is about the side strip (which has to be changed on the affected door), then the handle (which is again not metal), some inside parts (only if they are spoiled), rubber strip around the frame etc.

Anyway lets see whats going to be the actual total. The only visible dent is the external metal panel and side strip, I cant find anything else. And I strongly believe there is no damage inside the door panel as the impact at the time of incident was very minimum. It was not a hit and run situation, as soon as wifee realised the gate was rubbing on the door, she came out of the gate inch by inch, so very less chance of damaging the inner parts.

About the ICICI insurance, I think I have to agree with that, as I myself saw one ford owner talking to their toll-free number to get the claim, while I was at the service centre. That guy was in the service centre 1 hour before me and I saw him sitting with the phone even when I left the place. I can imagine what he might have gone through. His case was a cow jumping before him on a highway, he lost control and hit a metal pole on the side, crashing the entire front area. It must be a minimum estimation of 40k +.

Last edited by shajufx : 10th March 2010 at 18:17.
Old 10th March 2010, 21:34   #726
BHPian

What if the ICICI-tormented guy would have hit the cow? Are cows covered under 3rd party damage / insurance cover?

Gilead, yes National has this cashless facility, both MPL/CF are approved.
Old 11th March 2010, 07:42   #727
Senior - BHPian

Red face

Guys,

You are scaring me with the anti ICICI comments. I have a ICICI Lombard car insurance for my Fiesta and had taken it based on
1) Ford's approval that ICICI Lombard is in their list of approved Insurers for cashless tie up. This was confirmed by Thane'e earlier Ford Dealer.
2) Previous experience with ICICI Lombard which was very good, very smooth transactions.
3) Carry forward of NCB from my Santro to Fiesta.

I have not checked with the new Ford dealer at Thane regarding ICICI being on their approved list, may be I will have to do so at the earliest.
Old 11th March 2010, 10:08   #728
Senior - BHPian

@shaju
Did you check with them whether single side strip is available, or you had to buy one full set and paint it?? (may be this is costing more?)
Old 11th March 2010, 19:10   #729
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
You are scaring me with the anti ICICI comments. I have a ICICI Lombard car insurance for my Fiesta
Dont worry, place to place it might be different. So I dont think there is any need to worry on that. I also have my bike insurance from ICICI, so far never claimed anything in last 4 years, so no clue how it is personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Did you check with them whether single side strip is available, or you had to buy one full set and paint it?? (may be this is costing more?)
When you are in a bodyshop, anything is available depending on whats damaged. I can find an item in the estimation named "moulding" priced at 349 which I assume as the side strip. I saw plenty of cars there with single door damages, so they must be stocking side strips in kilos (with a primer coat), not in numbers, I am sure.
Old 12th March 2010, 09:38   #730
Senior - BHPian

So, whats the condition - is the car is ready and looking fresh??
Old 12th March 2010, 14:24   #731
Senior - BHPian

Hopefully I will get it delivered by evening, so far no confirmation on the time. They have touched up few marks that were found on bumper too. Eagerly waiting !
Old 12th March 2010, 17:37   #732
Senior - BHPian

Finally, my fiesta is getting ready to come home. Drop facility is chosen and the service centre driver will be bringing it in couple of hours as confirmed on phone. Here is the final Bill and details:

Grand Total = 8380
Insurance = 6167
My share = 2213

If there is any more details worth posting after the delivery, I will update then. Bit relieved as family needs the car very desperately this weekend.
Old 16th March 2010, 11:59   #733
Senior - BHPian

@shaju

Total silent last 3/4 days - Hope you got the car (with original shining) and you are happy wiith the work?
Old 16th March 2010, 13:05   #734
Senior - BHPian

Nairji, I got the car on time (delivered around 7.30pm). But somehow I am not that happy with the work. The rubber beading that runs from the left ORVM to the door handle side was found very lose next day evening. I called the service manager and he said its a self-locking rubber/plastic piece and no glue is used for that. Therefore it has to be refixed by them. I didnt want to drive 28 kms up and down for a silly work like this, therefore asked him to send someone home.

He agreed to do that and after an hour called me to inform someone is coming home. Unfortunately it was the 24 hours on-road assistants who came home, although they tried pulling it out and pushing it back few times, it didnt work. I still can pull it out with my 2 fingers.

To cut the long story, I have to either drive down to the service centre again or visit them if I pass that way for anything else (which is extreme north bangalore where I dont have any need to pass). Means the tinkering guy has to put his hands on it, although its matter of a 10 mts work.

Another thing I wanted to bring to the notice of others: The outer door panel thats fixed now sounds very hollow. I think the normal doors come with some kind of basic damping from the factory, so it sounds solid. New panel gives a thin metal sound when I knock at them.
Old 16th March 2010, 14:07   #735
Senior - BHPian

Are you sure the outer door panel is original Ford one or some duplicate panel they used?

You said, you have no work or no need to go to the extreme noth bangalore, to do the needful with the workshop. Suggest take Unni, this weekend and drive down for
the 10miniutes work and then have a chilled soda to cool off-????
Closed Thread