Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 16th March 2010, 14:22   #736
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx
But somehow I am not that happy with the work. The rubber beading that runs from the left ORVM to the door handle side was found very lose next day evening
Raise a stinker man. They cannot get away by giving any excuse to something as obvious as this..

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx
Another thing I wanted to bring to the notice of others: The outer door panel thats fixed now sounds very hollow. I think the normal doors come with some kind of basic damping from the factory, so it sounds solid. New panel gives a thin metal sound when I knock at them.
Your door panel was replaced or only denting/tinkering work was done? It would be good if you can visit the a.s.s and demonstrate the difference and demand a justification.
Old 16th March 2010, 14:30   #737
Senior - BHPian

It can not be a duplicate panel as the whole work is approved by the insurance company and billed by Ford service centre. Its not about the panel but about the rubber beading which doesnt fit perfectly, may be they have to press or push somewhere to get it right.

Unni is not nearby. Also its a 28 kms up and down distance through really mad traffic worse than thats seen within the city. Anyway we are left with not many options, If I dont fix it well, it might fall off somewhere when we go through bad roads.

My only point was: when they do some work like this, why cant they really inspect if things are done to the perfection before delivering the car back to the customer ?

Sanju I got your point. Billing is done for a new door skin, so it cant be a tinkering work. Today its a holiday, so I am waiting for tomorow to call up and get more info.
Old 16th March 2010, 16:04   #738
Senior - BHPian

yes yes, I remember - you told me, when we met last, that both of your houses are at opposite ends.
Anyway, it is better to take the car to the workshop and do the job otherwise as you said the it may fall off somewhere without you noticing same?
Old 16th March 2010, 16:22   #739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
My only point was: when they do some work like this, why cant they really inspect if things are done to the perfection before delivering the car back to the customer ?
They do..only in an Utopian land;-}

That's why I insist on dropping / picking up the car myself.
Old 16th March 2010, 16:32   #740
Senior - BHPian

I will be trying my luck if the service centre staff itself could be brought home, instead of me losing my limited time to make a trip to them again for no fault of mine. Eventhough its just a 10 mts job, I can assume the time I will be wasting on driving, waiting and all that.

Somehow I feel until the moment your car enters the body shop for some work or other, its in prestine condition with that freshness all around. I assume the left door was removed and parked open for 3 days, collecting all the fine dust into many tiny places on the dash and around the interior. It needs a proper vacuum too, which they failed to do.

It may be that I am expecting too much from a service centre. Anyway, I dont keep any prejudice when I need to comment about something good or bad. Afterall its our hard earned money ! I dont have any followers who can garland me with a '5 cr currency chain'.
Old 26th March 2010, 00:12   #741
BHPian

shaj!! sorry to hear about the car-gate collision!! has everything been sorted out with the workshop?

is your lady in morello back in action??
Old 26th March 2010, 14:40   #742
Senior - BHPian

Hey Raamki, long time no see !! Looks like you are too engrossed with the fiesta, new house and speedy earning !!

Dents and scratches are supposed to happen one day or other, we dont break our head on that anyway, but the way these guys handle the service part, thats where we talk about things.

Overall, I am not happy with the metro ford service. The door skin was replaced which could have been a simple tinkering work in any other place. Its ok, insurance was claimed and I went ahead. But the quality of work done is way below our expectation which makes me think twice before opting for their service centre again.

As everyone knows by now, labour charge is more than 50% of the total bill for all such works. We are anyway paying, but why dont these guys do it in a decent way ? I can find plenty of areas where one can spot shody job.

1) Total painting of the door panel is not perfect, I can find unfinished areas on the edges.
2) Door handle has a play which makes you think its lose.
3) Door handle inside area is not painted well, it has a rough feel
4) Door rubber pad (ORVM to the handle end) is very lose and it might fall off if we are on bad roads
5) Replaced door sounds very thin and tinny when you knock
6) Car was delivered at my place with the alloys covered in muck

The above points are out of question even at a road-side tinker guy. I know few people who do such works for every brand that range from old padminis to brand new SUVs. They charge reasonable and does a perfect job. Now this is like we paid our hard earned money and got a biting DOG !

I might even postpone my repairing if something similar happens again. Its better to drive with a door less, than going through the service centre experience !

Last edited by shajufx : 26th March 2010 at 14:41.
Old 26th March 2010, 15:45   #743
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear about your experience. My car which sustained far more damage was impeccably repaired and restored to a brand new condition. Could not spot any flaws try as I might. You should send this link to Ford customer care.
Old 26th March 2010, 15:52   #744
Senior - BHPian

Gil, I wanted to take it back to them and show the above points, but tough to remove some time for the same. So, I am waiting for the next service or a free day to do the necessary. Its reported to the service manager, though he offered a rechecking, I didnt want to leave it to them just like that. I am ok for the time-being as long as its just a cosmetic drawback.
Old 26th March 2010, 21:00   #745
BHPian

OT:i was curious to know whether changing to philips 60/55W white color bulbs need any extra relays or can they be fitted into the existing setup.
Old 26th March 2010, 22:00   #746
BHPian

Quote:
Gil, I wanted to take it back to them and show the above points, but tough to remove some time for the same. So, I am waiting for the next service or a free day to do the necessary. Its reported to the service manager, though he offered a rechecking, I didnt want to leave it to them just like that. I am ok for the time-being as long as its just a cosmetic drawback.
Don't these guys open on Sunday's..here both MPL & CF are open on Sundays till afternoon.
Old 26th March 2010, 22:10   #747
BHPian

Quote:
After coming out of garuda mall parking. My fiesta just rubbed across the wall and there was a good dent on left door. Took it to metro ford claimed insurance from bajaj insurance and everything went really smoothly. The door skin was replaced and painted. The job doesnt seem that bad . Even though i agree that car wasnt cleaned properly.

However while taking the delivery i saw that there are extra scratches on left fender. I told them and they without any arguement said if this is done by them they will get it repainted. Without any hassle after checking with the guys he agreed to get it repainted at my convenient time whenever that might be. He gave it to me in writing on the receipt.

I know some people might have bad experience with Metro Ford But i think they are not that bad.

If you could just go there and speak to them personally i am sure your problem will be resolved really quickly. Because i found them really helpful.
Old 26th March 2010, 22:39   #748
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
OT:i was curious to know whether changing to philips 60/55W white color bulbs need any extra relays or can they be fitted into the existing setup.
Arien, better dont change to 60/55 white bulbs (they dont need relay anyway), I had the crystalwhite on my previous wagonR, and it was a real pain to drive in the rain as the white light gets absorbed into the rain. If at all you plan to have more lights on the road to help in your driving, go for philips rally (100/80 is what I could get) with relay. White light gives better look but not that helpful in our driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Don't these guys open on Sunday's..here both MPL & CF are open on Sundays till afternoon.
They are totally closed on Sundays. I passed infront of their service centre on a sunday for my bird watching, found the security guys sleeping behind the closed main gate at noon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frown View Post
If you could just go there and speak to them personally i am sure your problem will be resolved really quickly. Because i found them really helpful.
I agree metro ford might be on a higher standard compared to many other ford service centres in the country, no arguements. I also know one of the senior service managers well. Inspite of my interactions, connections etc. work was not found to be meeting my expectations. Mine might be an exceptional case as was the case in my booking and delivery too !

Will go back when I have time and get it recheked, but not in a hurry.
Old 26th March 2010, 22:59   #749
BHPian

Been really busy with a lot of stuff, and visiting this thread after a long time. I hope you get the issue sorted out quick. You have paid for it and the finish should be perfect. Let me know if I can be of any help.
Old 1st April 2010, 14:06   #750
BHPian

Shajufx, Good Friday is here for your rescue. I hope they are not closed tomorrow.

I am graduating from bikes to car only now, so am expecting bike kinda service only, which by the way is sloppy at authorized service centres. Lets see how my Ford dealer fares..
Closed Thread