Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2010, 17:54   #766
BHPian
 
yajaman99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: bangalore
Posts: 374
Thanked: 127 Times
Default

@Shaju - Sure anytime just PM me and we can fix it up. As for Mission Road, its not as bad as before . For me i did a few visits to Stanley, first to check it out, next to place the order and then 3rd was to deliver the car and pick it up the same day. It would be best to give them a call and check their schedule. Another option is G-sport from AutoGrid on the start of CBI road.
yajaman99 is offline  
Old 5th April 2010, 18:00   #767
Senior - BHPian
 
shajufx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: BLR & Muscat
Posts: 1,678
Thanked: 445 Times
Default

I think I know the guy at Autogrid, which is just 15 mts from home. I remember picking up a skoda horn and a chrome tail pipe from there long back (for wagonR). But not very sure if we can compare the quality between G-sport and Stanley. Good that you showed up here, I will have to visit the place for selecting the material much before committing a day for work. I will keep you posted.
shajufx is offline  
Old 11th April 2010, 10:45   #768
BHPian
 
unni.ak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 777
Thanked: 80 Times
Default

So, how is the back seat comfort Mr Shaju!!
unni.ak is offline  
Old 11th April 2010, 13:57   #769
Senior - BHPian
 
shajufx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: BLR & Muscat
Posts: 1,678
Thanked: 445 Times
Default

It was really good Unni, thank you again for being part of our really fun-filled and a useful trip to Ranganathittu. We will plan more fiesta trips, atleast once a month.

Back seat comfort with just 2 adults in the back (with the centre arm rest) is really really comfortable. I couldnt complain anything about leg space (sitting just behind Unni who is 5.11"), comfort, back support nor the head support. I also got a very clean view of the road in front without straining.
shajufx is offline  
Old 11th April 2010, 17:54   #770
BHPian
 
unni.ak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 777
Thanked: 80 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
It was really good Unni, thank you again for being part of our really fun-filled and a useful trip to Ranganathittu. We will plan more fiesta trips, atleast once a month.

Back seat comfort with just 2 adults in the back (with the centre arm rest) is really really comfortable. I couldnt complain anything about leg space (sitting just behind Unni who is 5.11"), comfort, back support nor the head support. I also got a very clean view of the road in front without straining.
The pleasure was all mine! I'm yet to get over the "smoothness" of the 1.6ZXi. Thank you for letting me drive for most part, just loved it. Looking forward to many more such trips.
unni.ak is offline  
Old 12th April 2010, 15:20   #771
Senior - BHPian
 
shajufx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: BLR & Muscat
Posts: 1,678
Thanked: 445 Times
Default

You get your DSLR faster, we will get ready with another Fiesta expedition before the month-end. Tank is full, driver is ready, DSLRs are charged, what more we need ? All this fun will last only till the day it rains heavily (usually first week of June onwards).
shajufx is offline  
Old 12th April 2010, 18:00   #772
Senior - BHPian
 
nairrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Payyannur-Kannur district
Posts: 2,106
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
You get your DSLR faster, we will get ready with another Fiesta expedition before the month-end. Tank is full, driver is ready, DSLRs are charged, what more we need ? All this fun will last only till the day it rains heavily (usually first week of June onwards).
+
so both of you are going to make it as a practise to drive out every
month end (till monsoon?) -wow thats incredible!

This time where you are planning?

Enjoy, enjoy all the time!
nairrk is offline  
Old 12th April 2010, 18:07   #773
Senior - BHPian
 
shajufx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: BLR & Muscat
Posts: 1,678
Thanked: 445 Times
Default

Nairji, I am ready for every weekend, because the rainy days are so close (only 7 more weekends for June). So we better make use of the weekends before getting closed in the house for 2 rainy months. Its fun to drive in the rain, but not a good idea to take a sensitive gadget like a DSLR outdoors.
shajufx is offline  
Old 12th April 2010, 18:43   #774
Senior - BHPian
 
nairrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Payyannur-Kannur district
Posts: 2,106
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Nairji, I am ready for every weekend, because the rainy days are so close (only 7 more weekends for June). So we better make use of the weekends before getting closed in the house for 2 rainy months. Its fun to drive in the rain, but not a good idea to take a sensitive gadget like a DSLR outdoors.
+
Good!
But imo you should try some rain drive also to see how the fiesta's going to behave?
nairrk is offline  
Old 12th April 2010, 19:22   #775
Senior - BHPian
 
shajufx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: BLR & Muscat
Posts: 1,678
Thanked: 445 Times
Default

It behaves very well. On my drive to Kerala and back in the month of November, we had to face heavy rains on the highway. Fiesta was still doing 140+ without any hesitation. The curse of indian highways is the tractors or bullockcarts coming towards you on the wrong side in the fast lane. I saw this happening atleast in 3 places, that made me lose my confidence to go above 120 kmph.

So, I dont try above 120 unless I can see the road ahead clear and free of people coming towards you. Flowering plants that are in the median is another higher risk. People hide in that and all on a sudden cross the road without looking anywhere. So, highway drive is like a circus, I dont dare to do that in the night.

ABS was deployed first time in 8 months on our drive to ranganathittu. One parda clad grandma crossed the road without any expectation. Fiesta came to a screeching halt, thanks to the ABS, or she would have reached the high heavens !!

Last edited by shajufx : 12th April 2010 at 19:24.
shajufx is offline  
Old 12th April 2010, 20:28   #776
Senior - BHPian
 
Gilead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,140
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
ABS was deployed first time in 8 months on our drive to ranganathittu. One parda clad grandma crossed the road without any expectation. Fiesta came to a screeching halt, thanks to the ABS, or she would have reached the high heavens !!
Shaju, sorry to nitpick, but an ABS equipped car will come to a silent halt and not a screeching halt. If it did come to a screeching halt, your ABS is probably on the blink.

Last edited by Gilead : 12th April 2010 at 20:32.
Gilead is offline  
Old 12th April 2010, 21:09   #777
Senior - BHPian
 
shajufx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: BLR & Muscat
Posts: 1,678
Thanked: 445 Times
Default

Gil, I am not very sure about the technical aspect, but we heard some screeching. If my aging memory is correct it came to a standstill within a second or two. Unni might be able to explain that part as he was behind the wheel.

ABS or non-ABS, tires have to stop rotating to stop the car right ? So how do we get a silent stop when one is doing above 60kmph ?
shajufx is offline  
Old 12th April 2010, 21:31   #778
BHPian
 
unni.ak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 777
Thanked: 80 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
You get your DSLR faster, we will get ready with another Fiesta expedition before the month-end. Tank is full, driver is ready, DSLRs are charged, what more we need ? All this fun will last only till the day it rains heavily (usually first week of June onwards).
I'm I'm!! Will be getting it soon. And then you will have a lot of teaching to do. Driver is always ready!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
ABS was deployed first time in 8 months on our drive to ranganathittu. One parda clad grandma crossed the road without any expectation. Fiesta came to a screeching halt, thanks to the ABS, or she would have reached the high heavens !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Gil, I am not very sure about the technical aspect, but we heard some screeching. If my aging memory is correct it came to a standstill within a second or two. Unni might be able to explain that part as he was behind the wheel.

ABS or non-ABS, tires have to stop rotating to stop the car right ? So how do we get a silent stop when one is doing above 60kmph ?
Gilead/Shaju: Tires will squeal/screech, with or without ABS, when you stand on the brake! Thats just rubber on road friction. It'd probably screech/squeal lesser than the wheel lock scenario, but it still will. I had steering control and was able to steer away. I dont remember if I felt the brake pedal judder, since all my attention was on the lady who crossed and ended up doing a middle of the road decision on whether to go back or cross. On the other hand if ABS did not activate, then kudos to Michellin XM+ (These are what you have, Shaju?). Lovely grip. On my car it would have locked for sure, I run on OEM MRF that comes with the car.

Shaju, thanks for the confidence in my driving. I've seen a couple of friends take back the pilot seat after seeing such an incident. Though, thankfuly this has not happened to me, yet!

Yajaman: Well, it was something like this. We were going at around 80kmph (you have a 1.6, you should know how fast it picks up speed), and from nowhere this lady crosses. I slam the brake and turn to the left. The lady stops on the dotted line and does a small back and forth move (might have been trying to check my reflexes!), and then thankfuly crosses towards the divider. If she had come back to the left, well it'd have been man slaughter, something like me chasing her down and running her over!! Jokes apart, it was a good day for all, we live, we learn. Gets you to believe in the higher power etc.

Last edited by unni.ak : 12th April 2010 at 21:48. Reason: Some details added.
unni.ak is offline  
Old 12th April 2010, 21:35   #779
BHPian
 
yajaman99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: bangalore
Posts: 374
Thanked: 127 Times
Default

Hi good to know the Little old lady and all inthe car are safe thanks to ABS.
If the dirver could explain what happened, ie, Driving at xx km/hr suddenly see a little old lady, immediate reaction, slam the breaks, turn the wheel to avoid hitting LoL.
yajaman99 is offline  
Old 13th April 2010, 00:05   #780
Senior - BHPian
 
Gilead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,140
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
Gilead/Shaju: Tires will squeal/screech, with or without ABS, when you stand on the brake! Thats just rubber on road friction. It'd probably screech/squeal lesser than the wheel lock scenario, but it still will. I had steering control and was able to steer away. I dont remember if I felt the brake pedal judder, since all my attention was on the lady who crossed and ended up doing a middle of the road decision on whether to go back or cross. On the other hand if ABS did not activate, then kudos to Michellin XM+ (These are what you have, Shaju?). Lovely grip. On my car it would have locked for sure, I run on OEM MRF that comes with the car.
I was under the impression that only a locked wheel can screech if brakes are jammed in a straight line. But on second thoughts, I think a wheel still in motion can screech as well if a sudden turn is taken like in your case. Glad to know you guys had a fortunate escape. A one ton+ car running into an old lady at 80 kmph would have been definite manslaughter.
Gilead is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi ZXi 60,000 kms. review / Still fida over the fiesta Sugeeta Long-Term Ownership Reviews 60 29th September 2015 12:18
Ford Fiesta 1.4D ZXi Ownership Woes. EDIT : REPLACEMENT FIESTA. Pics on Pg. 5 Mad Monkey Long-Term Ownership Reviews 105 3rd March 2010 15:26
Upgraded - New Alloys and Tires on my i10! NFS2024 Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 23 30th January 2010 15:29
Please help me decide: Fiesta S or Fiesta ZXi? EDIT: Booked Fiesta S! Pics on pg5. frankmehta Sedans 108 18th August 2009 13:43
Query : Tubeless tires / Normal Tires nicejits Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 12 10th June 2009 09:59


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:22.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks