Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 21st May 2010, 19:56   #811
Senior - BHPian

Wow Raamki, not seen you around for ages !!! Hope you are too busy making money and enjoying your Punto to its full, but dont ignore the fiesta beauty. Swap it with dad once a while.

About the hydro-lifted parking, I heard the difficulty from many people already. I could have parked it without issues, but the guy who guided me into the slot didnt check the left side. Thats what happens when you trust someone blindly. Once the fiesta is parked, its just 12 inches space to the beams on both sides. Some slots are only for hatchbacks, sedans cant even enter there. Anyway its OT here, so not continuing with it anymore.
Old 23rd May 2010, 12:15   #812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
My Fiesta is completing 10 months tomorow and the ODO has just crossed 5000 kms, thanks to Unni for the 660 kms drive up and down Bangalore-Pondy last weekend.
Congrats Shaju. Wishing you many many more lacs of kms of happy and safe driving. And wishing myself some more hundreds of kms driving your car

After having spend close to 800kms driving the car, here are some of my comments on the fittings/extras you have:

Quote:
1. Auto Cop Parking Master reverse sensor with beep and LEDs installed - I was never a believer of the utility of a parking sensor. But, after having used it in your car, I find that it helps especially in tight parking situations.
2. Tires changed to Michellin XM1+ - I just love the grip it gives. Also, less noisier than the OE MRFs.
3. Rims changed to Plati 5 spoke - Looks really neat. Especially with the slight upsize you have, the car has a better stance.
4. Lights upgraded to Philips Rally - So much better than the OE. But, I do feel that slight more focusing needs to be done.
6. Front windscreen installed with Garware ICECOOL shield - This is a boon!! I dont have one in mine and I know how hot it gets in the front during afternoons with the sun beating down. During our drive back from Pondi it was so evident that it was helping keep the car cool.
7. ICEd with Blaupunkt 4 channel amp, Rockford Fosgate woofer and Hertz compos - Good setup, maybe requires slightly more tuning to make it sound at its best.
8. Seats done with Gsport Europa - When I saw the pics, I did not think it would be such perfect fit. Money well spent!!
Old 23rd May 2010, 12:41   #813
Senior - BHPian

Shaju, congrats on completing the 5K milestone. My car should be hitting 5K in a few weeks as well. It's been good so far. You should treat your car to a coat of paint protection and interior detailing to celebrate.
Old 23rd May 2010, 12:54   #814
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Shaju!

The seats look nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Shaju, congrats on completing the 5K milestone. My car should be hitting 5K in a few weeks as well. It's been good so far. You should treat your car to a coat of paint protection and interior detailing to celebrate.
I thought I use my car less (4600 in 5 months). Same for you guys as well?!
Old 24th May 2010, 08:05   #815
Senior - BHPian

Smile

@shaju

Congrats on 5k run although I am surprised that it took 10 months to reach the mark considering the fact that I have been reading your threads on Fiesta long way before I got one in November and have already covered 6.5K on the odo.
I think your are taking it slow but steady. The accessories you have got are inspirational esp the seat covers. Even I have shifted from stock tyres to Michelin so far so good. Have to experience the Mumbai monsoons and the potholes.
Old 24th May 2010, 10:01   #816
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Congrats Shaju!

The seats look nice.

I thought I use my car less (4600 in 5 months). Same for you guys as well?!
Well, I have another car as well, so the mileage gets split between the two. But I do only around 1000 kms a month or lesser on both cars combined. The Fiesta has done 4800 kms in 6.5 months. I believe Shaju works from home, so his car is mostly used on weekends. I think sanjayc also has only done around 6K kms in 5 months and that includes the 2 or 3K kms round trip to Calcutta.

Last edited by Gilead : 24th May 2010 at 10:07.
Old 24th May 2010, 15:25   #817
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
After having spend close to 800kms driving the car, here are some of my comments on the fittings/extras you have:
You are the only person who drove my car for 800kms and the one who gave me a chance to feel the backseat comfort without worries, I owe you for that and I am sure you will be driving more in the coming months as we have a common hobby for shooting. Comments taken positively.

Quote:
You should treat your car to a coat of paint protection and interior detailing to celebrate.
Thanks, I will check the paint protection coat in the next service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
The seats look nice!
Thanks, it looks better in real !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
The accessories you have got are inspirational esp the seat covers.
Thanks, the accessories chosen by me are more affordable than many other brands. Just my opinion. As we all know, there is no end to accessorise your car when you dont limit to a particular budget. It can be a one-time process or an ongoing one for 6 months or more with a long list of things. I dont want to spend any more money on accessories. Fabric stock seats were looking shabby, otherwise I wouldnt have changed them.

Quote:
I believe Shaju works from home, so his car is mostly used on weekends. I think sanjayc also has only done around 6K kms in 5 months and that includes the 2 or 3K kms round trip to Calcutta.
What you said is 100% right. I work from home, so the 5k mark is mainly weekend drives. I use my Honda Activa for most of my nearby shopping, and believe me, this scooter can carry things that can fit half the boot space of fiesta. Ocassional weekday drives are carefully selected at the off-peak hours (11am to 3pm) so that fiesta can stretch its power to the maximum. I still love the late shifting roar of the engine.

The best road my fiesta enjoys in bangalore city: Golf course round-about to International Airport route.
Old 24th May 2010, 16:25   #818
Senior - BHPian

Hai, just seen your posting - belated congratulations (I was in malaysia for about 10days). My car odo also crossed the 5000 kms mark (nowadays am not driving that much hence such slow running figure). But in anycase no complaints at all and am enjoying very much with my black beauty (fiesta)!
Old 24th May 2010, 16:39   #819
BHPian

Hy Shaju, wishing you many more happy miles! I also just crossed some 6.5K a few days back. Waiting for my 2nd service in another 2-3 weeks time and then will be planning for a long drive.

Right now, mine is all stock. Must say, your g-spot..err..g-sport is spot on!
Old 24th May 2010, 16:50   #820
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What you said is 100% right. I work from home, so the 5k mark is mainly weekend drives. I use my Honda Activa for most of my nearby shopping, and believe me, this scooter can carry things that can fit half the boot space of fiesta. Ocassional weekday drives are carefully selected at the off-peak hours (11am to 3pm) so that fiesta can stretch its power to the maximum.
Well, no wonder you are reporting FE of 12-14! Some of us using it as a daily driver are getting much lesser. Not that I am complaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Hai, just seen your posting - belated congratulations (I was in malaysia for about 10days).
Welcome back Nairsaab. Did you go in your own ship? And did you get any new gizmos for the car from Malaysia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Waiting for my 2nd service in another 2-3 weeks time and then will be planning for a long drive.
Are you driving to Calcutta again?
Old 24th May 2010, 17:10   #821
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
belated congratulations (I was in malaysia for about 10days).
Thanks Nairji, we are waiting for a new thread on your Malaysian experiences !

Quote:
mine is all stock. Must say, your g-spot..err..g-sport is spot on!
Thanks and let me know the right time to drive the fiesta to chennai, we are waiting for the right season to drive for a photoshoot either in my Fiesta or Unni's diesel horse. You can see our Pondicherry experience in the non-auto image thread.

Quote:
Well, no wonder you are reporting FE of 12-14! Some of us using it as a daily driver are getting much lesser. Not that I am complaining.
Oh Gil, I thought most of us are getting an averge of 12-14 !! How lowest someone has reported so far ? Its good to compare and see what reasons bring us the best mileage. In that case if I drive like a disciplined and retired army person, I might get above 15 kmpl, I am sure.
Old 24th May 2010, 19:03   #822
BHPian

Hey shaju,
I've already done about 5300 km with occasional weekend drives, twice or thrice a week HOH . Mine is a ZXi w/ABS December 2009. Still haven't started my ownership thread done though. I had finished 2200 km in the first month itself with a trip to Madurai/Rameswaram and back via Coimbatore. Since then have been restricting usage little bit. I thought I was using my car pretty less!
I am surprised by your mileage figures. I drive mostly on the ORR from M'halli to Koramangala and don't get more than 9 kpl average in city.
On the highway, I do get about 13 kpl. Any secrets.
Where do you stay in B'lore.
Old 24th May 2010, 19:22   #823
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks and let me know the right time to drive the fiesta to chennai, we are waiting for the right season to drive for a photoshoot either in my Fiesta or Unni's diesel horse. You can see our Pondicherry experience in the non-auto image thread.
Come during Diwali time. Will be cool and rainy. I loved your macro shots in the image thread.

Quote:
Oh Gil, I thought most of us are getting an averge of 12-14 !! How lowest someone has reported so far ? Its good to compare and see what reasons bring us the best mileage. In that case if I drive like a disciplined and retired army person, I might get above 15 kmpl, I am sure.
I get 9.5. Kiku reported 8ish and Sanjayc gets 10 I guess. Mine is almost always in heavy city traffic. I am sure I can get 11 or so as well if I drive at 1 pm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmx1000 View Post
Any secrets.
Where do you stay in B'lore.
Shaju's secret is timing. 11 am to 3 pm.

Last edited by Gilead : 24th May 2010 at 19:25.
Old 24th May 2010, 20:04   #824
BHPian

Am getting between 8/9 in city currently, with the worst possible driving timings / conditions / short runs etc. Got around 15 during the Kolkata Trip on highways. Using Iftex additive every alternate tank fill. During the Chennai Ford presentation with new owners (where Kiku/Kishore was also present), the guys claimed 10 for city and 14 for highways.

Seems like <1 yr Fiestians are hovering around 5-6K mark as of now.

Shaju@ - As Gilead said, Diwali should be a good time. However, from Blr to Chn, does it require any elaborate planning? BTW, you have'nt responded my PM to you on the DSLR thing.

Gilead@, no plans for Kol. But planning any one of Mysore/Munnar/Pondi/Tirupati kind of 3-4 day trip sometime next month.

Nairji@, Long Time No See! Any plans of a travelogue?
====================

2 minor issues with my car as of now:

a) Right mudguard some screw has come out - it is hanging precariously with one corner screw - can fix it myself, but too lazy to get hands dirty as of now

b) few days back during the heavy downpour took the car out of a natural water wash...am not satisfied with the wiper cleaning - totally horrible - plus, suddenly one of the wipers has developed a shuddering action - kind of stop & go even when the windshield resembles a waterfall..need to get it checked.
==================

With monsoon coming up shortly, what special treatment can be done to the glasses? Bangy guys more adapt to handling rains, please provide some clues?

I remember using some liquid earlier on my Ikon - this was part of a cleaning package bought years ago from those "as seen on tv" commercials - it was a clear solution which needed to be applied on the glass in circular motion (like waxing), left for a while till it developed a foggy appearance, and then wipe/buff of with a clean cloth...this created a beading effect on water falling on the glass...this was good, but not sure if similar products are avlbl from Meguiars or other brands, which sell glass cleaners and not some "rain repellant" products.
Old 24th May 2010, 20:26   #825
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
b) few days back during the heavy downpour took the car out of a natural water wash...am not satisfied with the wiper cleaning - totally horrible - plus, suddenly one of the wipers has developed a shuddering action - kind of stop & go even when the windshield resembles a waterfall..need to get it checked.
I noticed this mild shudder when I used the wiper for the first time after 5 months last week, but I had no issues with actual wiping. They were very effective. The shudder almost disappeared by the time I reached office. I wiped the blades with a cloth after reaching office and I didn't really notice the shudder when returning. Need to check when it rains again.

I don't think you need to do anything special other than wiping the blades and the windshield with a shampoo and keeping them clean and smooth.

Last edited by Gilead : 24th May 2010 at 20:29.
Closed Thread