Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 20th January 2011, 14:04   #916
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI: Upgraded ICE, Tires, Lights & now Seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Isnt labour costly?.....
Its normal as industry standard. Similar segment guys are all paying same or more as I am informed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
......If you delay, it can void warranty.
Got your point, I had no idea about how its connected to warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
I own an S, mostly the car is loaded only in the front by average sized adults. What tyre pressure do you suggest?
Please remember mine are not stock tires. Its Michelin XM1+, I have tried varying pressures between 30 to 33 and found the most comfortable position at 31 PSI. If mileage is of importance, I think it should be 34 PSI as it can generate rough rides on bad roads. Manual has totally different suggestions too, I think its one figure on front tires and higher figures on rear tires, again it varies full load and half load.

Personal choice was generated after trying and testing on highways. I can drive 10 hours non-stop with 31 PSI and still feel as fresh as starting point. So, tire pressure can either ruin your trip or make it heavenly !

Last edited by shajufx : 20th January 2011 at 14:06.
Old 20th January 2011, 18:46   #917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Got your point, I had no idea about how its connected to warranty.
Happy to help Mine is out of warranty now. Keeping fingers crossed.
Old 20th January 2011, 18:59   #918
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
Happy to help Mine is out of warranty now. Keeping fingers crossed.
Mine will expire in July 2011 (the normal 2 year warranty), so far not thought about extended warranty. Or have they extended it to 4 years on a 'pamper your customer' drive ?
Old 21st January 2011, 19:45   #919
BHPian

We have a 3rd year extended warranty as well. Not sure if the 4th year has also been offered now since most other manufacturers do so.

Please let me know if they now offer the 4th year warranty as well and the cost.
Old 21st January 2011, 19:50   #920
Senior - BHPian

As far as I understand, you can have extended warranty upto 4 years. Please have a look here Ford - Extended Warranty
SSP (scheduled service plan) also covers the 5th year.

Last edited by shajufx : 21st January 2011 at 19:53.
Old 22nd January 2011, 13:05   #921
Senior - BHPian

yes, Ford was having extended warranty upto 4 years or 150,000kms.
(normally warranty is 2 years or 100,000kms and then this extended warranty of
additional 2 years). I think, they still have this warranty plan(any new owners can confirm this??).
Old 22nd January 2011, 21:49   #922
BHPian

They were offering the extended warranty as of Oct 2010 and I am sure they must be continuing the same.

They were charging close to 11000 and they normally give you a call before the end of the second year.
Old 23rd January 2011, 11:49   #923
Senior - BHPian

Yes, when it comes to money coming to the dealership/company, they will call you atleast 3 times before the expiry time, be it insurance, warranty or service
Old 23rd January 2011, 12:22   #924
BHPian

Very true. But I take it as promptness, because most people tend to forget about these things. And they call so early, specially for insurance, that we can negotiate a good deal.
Old 23rd March 2011, 21:09   #925
Senior - BHPian

Default A real confused state !

I dont know if this is the thread to express my doubt or ask for opinions. But let me post my mind, if found in-appropriate, Mods please do the needful.

My Fiesta is doing fantastic, but the usage has come down a lot this year. I always have the urge to drive around this beauty, but no reason to burn petrol unless I have more than 2 in the car. I am the only person to drive, as wifee decided not to hurt this beauty any more after the left door replacement due to her misjudgment of the dimensions. I avoid night drives as I am night blind even though Fiesta is replaced with 80/100 bulbs. My eye strain has increased due to too many hours of non-stop gazing at the PC screen as part of work. Weekend long drives have come down as I got new family friends who own diesel 7 seaters.

Considering all the above situations, I find a small car in the category of Alto or i10 to fit the bill. Wifee will restart driving, which will meet all the basic weekend stuff. I can feel relieved of the painful thought that Fiesta is always sleeping in the covered garage. So, should I sell my Fiesta and be happy with all the beautiful drives it has already given me in this short time ? Its not a distress decision, but a drastic decrease in the usage.

To avoid any confusion: My motive of buying the Fiesta was fulfilling my wish of driving a sedan in India. Now there are many more wishes to be taken care of before the day comes when I start regretting about my 'bucket list'
shajufx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2011, 21:32   #926
BANNED

1 word : Don't

Don't sell your fiesta, So what if it runs less, My fusion did not run for a single day last year for six months and thats a diesel car.

If you sell your car you will regret mate, I am telling you.

Btw my dad has driven the fiesta for 6.5K kms in the last 8 months.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 23rd March 2011 at 21:37.
Old 23rd March 2011, 21:33   #927
BHPian

Try selling it. I'm sure you would find it very hard to sell, because its such a wonderful car.

The low usage doesnt really warrant selling it off specially since its not a diesel. Since its the only car at your house, it'll be good to have some fun as well when you take it out. If you replace it with an Alto or i10, you are sure to miss the Fiesta every time you drive.

As for your wife's issue, give her the courage to take it out again. Slowly she will regain her confidence and get used to the dimensions of the car, which is not much BTW.
Old 23rd March 2011, 21:44   #928
Senior - BHPian

Mustang and Krish, thanks for your input, I really appreciate it. Its really a confusing moment for me, otherwise you would have seen my post in the 'Classifieds' section straightaway. I agree no hatchback can even come closer to the comfort what we enjoy in a Fiesta. To rephrase my first post, growing concern is;

the bare minimum usage
increasing petrol cost
forced driving by self as wifee rejects to take a bigger car
depreciation factors
deviated personal interests

Hope it makes some sens and wish to clear my confusion soon I have not thought about how difficult or easy its to sell. Thats a different thing.
Old 23rd March 2011, 21:51   #929
BHPian

On seeing that there was an update on this thread i was excited to see what was done.
Did the Fiesta get a new upgrade, maybe a sun roof. To my shock it was something unexpected. This was one of the threads i followed when i was picking my my fiesta.
Shaju To Sell or Not to sell is the million dollar question. You have driven the Fiesta and WagonR so you know the difference. It all depends on your needs and what best suits it.
IMHO don't sell the Fiesta and i agree with Kirshs and Mustangs advice.
Old 23rd March 2011, 21:51   #930
BANNED

Think about the love you gave it, The ICE setup, the lights, the seats etc.

And if it runs less then it also consumes less petrol.

Just seeing my cars parked together on the front yard of my house gives me enough satisfaction on a day even when i am not driving them.
Closed Thread