Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 18th July 2009, 20:25   #91
Senior - BHPian

I just went through the price list of accessories and found most of them to be reasonable. But isn't 5K expensive for a leather-wrapped steering wheel?

I went to the Ford stall in the International Auto Exhibition at Hyderabad and inquired about the new sxi that was due soon. I was told that it will have alloy wheels---14 inchers, and a chrome insert on top of the front grill---like in the older sxi models. It is likely to be priced 10K more.
Old 19th July 2009, 12:42   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
.....spoilers.....any pointers anyone about how to get it custom built??
Majority of the spoilers I have seen so far on a Fiesta are plain and simple without any break lights (LEDs) on them, unlike what you see on Aveo 1.6 etc. Surprisingly I realised last night that there are 5 Fiestas (all pre-face-lift) in my compound (residents of my society) out of which 2 have different design spoilers with LEDs on them. So, I am very sure its after-market fitments. Since majority of owners leave early morning and come back by night, I could not collect details so far. Will find it out soon and post here. Even I am interested in a spoiler with break light on them, atleast it serves multiple purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
But isn't 5K expensive for a leather-wrapped steering wheel?
Offcourse its the best example of over-pricing. I am trying to get it free, if not possible, my next option is to get it from some upholstery guys for cheaper. I think one should get a decent quality steering cover less than 1000 bucks.
Old 19th July 2009, 17:54   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Majority of the spoilers I have seen so far on a Fiesta are plain and simple without any break lights (LEDs) on them, unlike what you see on Aveo 1.6 etc. Surprisingly I realised last night that there are 5 Fiestas (all pre-face-lift) in my compound (residents of my society) out of which 2 have different design spoilers with LEDs on them. So, I am very sure its after-market fitments. Since majority of owners leave early morning and come back by night, I could not collect details so far. Will find it out soon and post here. Even I am interested in a spoiler with break light on them, atleast it serves multiple purpose.

Offcourse its the best example of over-pricing. I am trying to get it free, if not possible, my next option is to get it from some upholstery guys for cheaper. I think one should get a decent quality steering cover less than 1000 bucks.
It sounds like a good idea to inquire from your neighbours about the Spoilers. I got an aftermarket one for 2600---but it does not look as good as the one on the 1.6 S.
Well, if the Ford leather steering is that expensive, then I should be happy that my car came with one.

Anyways, the countdown begins for you. Go Fida man!
Old 20th July 2009, 14:00   #94
Senior - BHPian

I just returned from the dealer after making the full payment. Leather steering is more complicated than I thought. Sales chap is telling me, the whole steering column from ZXI will be taken out and the SXI steering column will be fixed to it without the airbags. Looks like they dont have a system of stitching it just like that. No wonder they charge you big for that. What I dont understand is, why cant they just keep the cover alone, so that someone could stitch it into place.

On closer observation on an SXI steering, you will find the stitches are done so tight, it looks like the cover is glued to the steering wheel. A casual look on it, you wont feel like there is a cover around. So, I agreed to myself that, may be the sales chap is right.

Now about the spoilers; I checked with my neighbours, they bought it from JC road (Bangalore) for 2500. It comes with breaklight on it. But they are not happy with it after using over an year. Reasons: Paint job is very bad on most aftermarket stuff, it peals off, or fades fast, giving a shabby look especially if its white or similar light colours. Another issue is the shallow fixing. They just drill the boot and fix it, later it starts rattling. Water leakage into the boot is not yet experienced, it can also happen. Dealer is charging 8000 for the simple spoiler, but my color Morello needs to be ordered and bought from chennai which takes a week.

Reverse parking sensor: Dealer has brands 'Cobra' and 'Scorpion'. Both comes with 4 sensors with a digital display anywhere on the dashboard. Rear bumper sensors will remain black, sales guy has no clue about paint touch up, specially the colour being Morello. Cost will be 3500, which is same that of even redsoul. I need to confirm that to the dealer by evening. Still thinking between the dealer and redsoul. Even redsoul guy will come home and fix.

He will fix the Lumar sunfilm and give basic mats, mud flaps etc as gifts. As of now, wednesday morning delivery is expected as the vehicle might reach tonite and get the RTO works done by tomorow. Just trying my luck to get the parking sensor FREE ! Wish me luck !

Last edited by shajufx : 20th July 2009 at 14:06.
Old 20th July 2009, 15:02   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
On closer observation on an SXI steering, you will find the stitches are done so tight, it looks like the cover is glued to the steering wheel. A casual look on it, you wont feel like there is a cover around. So, I agreed to myself that, may be the sales chap is right.
That is correct.

As regards the spoiler, I too paid Rs 2500 (not 2600), but I opted for one that does not have a brake light, though the cost was the same----the reason is that I did not want to mess around with the electricals and give a reason to void warranty for any electrical issue. I was just playing safe.

My spoiler is also not drilled, but I've had no issues so far of paint peeling off or water leakage. But I'm sure the one from Ford will be better, and heavier.
Old 20th July 2009, 17:11   #96
Senior - BHPian

Finally, negotiations are all over. Cobra parking sensor is finalised for Rs.3200 and the leather steering cover is agreed for 560 (I have no clue about the quality of this, though sales guy is assuring it will be same as the stock SXI steering). Lets wait and see. Apart from the steering cover and parking sensor, I dont have any other accessories in mind for atleast 1 month. Will drive around and see what is not good as stock. Body side strips are missing in ZXI though. Not sure if I have to get it as an urgent thing.

Quote:
My spoiler is also not drilled
How is it fixed then ? Please throw your suggestions on anything else too.

Last edited by shajufx : 20th July 2009 at 17:13.
Old 20th July 2009, 17:59   #97
BHPian

Shaju -

I guess important thing is changing to Alloys and sunfilm. I got a quote of 21K for Alloys, sun film and reverse sensors
Old 20th July 2009, 18:06   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Body side strips are missing in ZXI though. Not sure if I have to get it as an urgent thing.

How is it fixed then ? Please throw your suggestions on anything else too.
Stock side strips are a bit expensive---1100 Rs per door. I know because I have just returned from an insurance claim, and I had to shell out Rs 550 as it is a plastic part. But they sure look good!

I remember seeing the spoiler fixed on a small hinge, but let me look and respond.

BTW, there are other accessories you could bargain for like pillows (530 Rs a pair), seat belt pads (215 a pair) or floor pads (don't remember the exact name for Rs 1650 entire stainless steel set).
Old 20th July 2009, 18:27   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by marathp View Post
I guess important thing is changing to Alloys and sunfilm.
I am getting sunfilm free, alloys are put on hold. I need time to collect some Vit-M and search for a design what I would like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Stock side strips are a bit expensive---1100 Rs per door.....pillows (530 Rs a pair), seat belt pads (215 a pair) or floor pads
Same SXI stock chrome lined body side strip kit is available for 5000, may be worth the money. Do you actually need pillows in a car ? I would rather pick up a Kurlon. By the way, we have too many tiny pillows in the house, only change they will need is a perfectly matching fabric in line with the car interior. Floor pad, did you mean 'door scuff plates' with an engraving of 'ford' ? I cant find anything else for the floor (metal) less than 2000 in the accessory list.

Last edited by shajufx : 20th July 2009 at 18:29.
Old 20th July 2009, 19:37   #100
Senior - BHPian

Yep, 'scuff plates' is the word---cost Rs 1650 for the entire kit and look good. By I just inquired from an after market shop and I was told they have such stuff from Rs 800 to 1250----the higher end ones are steel ones. Haven't seen them though
Old 20th July 2009, 21:16   #101
Senior - BHPian

The new pricing is Rs.1250 for the same (I have posted the excel file here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1389445-post84.html ). Ford has revised prices of all other spare-parts to stand the competition.
Old 20th July 2009, 22:09   #102
Senior - BHPian

Thanks, but I was told the figure was 1650 including taxes. That was at 5 pm today!

As regards pillows, I did feel the need for one when I drove 15 hours to Mumbai in Dec, 2007. I had borrowed one from the accessories shop near my house, and it was a great help---used it for an hour on each way.

Last edited by vnabhi : 20th July 2009 at 22:11.
Old 21st July 2009, 14:17   #103
Senior - BHPian

So the PDI was done today. I printed a long list from the related thread. Again sales chap played 'hide and seek'. His directions and landmarks were totally misleading and we wasted 30 mts rounding around the stockyard without knowing a solution. Sales guy was supposed to meet me at the stockyard, but he didnt turn up. Now when we atlast found the place, the security or the stock-in-charge persons would not allow us to be in. I had taken my cousine brother with me and his friend (a senior head of cops division = offduty) happend to be in his car too. Situation would have gone wrong if I allowed them to intervene. Called up the sales guy, gave a piece of my mind first, then handed over the phone to the guy-in-charge. Looks like they dont have anybody visiting the stock-yard for PDI. Such things, if required, are done in the showroom itself before taking the vehicle to the RTO. So, sales chap goofed up the whole process, misleading me and reconfirming the plan several times.

Anyway, they had no choice but to immediately contact the dealer and get the VIN number. We were allowed to check the car but none of the papers were available there. Checked the ODO, it was just 11kms. I wanted to click few pics, but with the drama that happend there, I didnt want to do anything. Original papers were all taken to the dealer, so I had no choice but to visit the showroom for any further things. As a formality, we went around and checked for dents, paint work as well as checking seats, dashboard, steering, controls etc. We left it at that point. Meanwhile stock-in-charge got a call from the dealer to clean and deliver the car to the showroom immediately. They assumed, I would go there and do the proper PDI with all the papers around.

To summarise, PDI became a nightmare in my experience. All because of the sales chap giving wrong informations and misleading directions. I am forgetting everything for the time-being. There is no use pointing fingers to anyone, its our hard earned money and we dont get what we expect. The only person dealing with me is the sales guy. So, our impression about the dealership is what we see through him.

I was happy to see the car in flesh. It was more attractive and appealing than I had imagined. After doing very elaborate search on google, flickr, picaza etc. I was not able to find a single Morello Fiesta of the ZXI variant. So, I was very desperate to see it in real and make sure I had not done a wrong choice. Atleast my expectations are met. Also stockyard wont present you a clean vehicle by any chance. Its all covered in dust as there is no roof for the whole area, I assume it would be the same in the chennai plant too.

They are waiting for the cheques to be cleared (which was dated 17th July, but not collected by the sales guy until yesterday I had to go and give it to showroom myself =what do I do with this guy now?). I dont want to hurry as I hear tomorow is the eclipse and not a good day to take delivery. So I am thinking of 23rd, Thursday morning. Until then, the waiting continues. It will be a full month on 24th July from the date of booking.
Old 21st July 2009, 14:29   #104
Team-BHP Support

Shaju, what was once an illusion is now a reality.. atleast it's there before you now. As for getting the final keys, another few hours more.

Going through your dealership experience, i am reminded about how hassle free and enjoyable my experience with Cauvery Ford was. Between, what is the name of the salesman you were dealing with? Put it up here, so others can stay away from him.
Old 21st July 2009, 14:48   #105
Senior - BHPian

Yes, very truly said. What was only in your imagination is infront of you in flesh. Its like a second wedding day just hours away !

He is Mr.Imran (probably the smallest physique in the whole dealership). My first phone call was directly to Metro. So, the receptionist might have refered my call to this guy. Its my 4th car in 6 years, I have never gone through such a terrible buying experience ever in my life ! I think I am in this forum for reporting bad deals and horrible experiences. My blackberry thread speaks the same too !

Its a common habit and experience that everyone speaks best of what they own. I may not belong to that group. I will write here good about something only if I feel its really good. Throughout the booking and waiting period I have written very openly whatever came on the way. It will remain that way as long as this ownership experience continues.
Closed Thread