| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|23rd June 2009, 21:18||#46|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Jul 2006
Thanked: 338 Times
Congrats Biju, its great that the Jazz was able to accomodate all your requirements to the T. Isnt that what really matters? Wish you a wonderful ownership experience. Dont forget to post pics and a report for us
|23rd June 2009, 21:30||#47|
Distinguished - BHPian
Join Date: Mar 2005
Thanked: 1,682 Times
Looks like you need to hire a TATA Ace.
|23rd June 2009, 23:48||#48|
Join Date: Feb 2008
Thanked: 130 Times
|24th June 2009, 09:45||#49|
Join Date: May 2008
Congrats for your new car. It looks more like you have came out with these points after deciding on Jazz.
In today's advt Honda offered 2+2 years warranty and 4 years maintenance package. Are you getting those?
|24th June 2009, 11:15||#50|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Thanked: 13 Times
congratulations!! wow honda jazz, looks like all your neighbours are gonna be jelous of you. going green envy
innova was out of your budjet but i was wondering if innova can fulfill all the above requirments. does it have flat folding seats. no magic seats ofcourse!
this is gonna be great as innova would be a pain to park in the city :(
Last edited by Caramelo : 24th June 2009 at 11:17.
|15th July 2009, 14:03||#52|
Join Date: Jun 2007
Thanked: 19 Times
Sorry for the delay in posting this. Got my car one week back, but could not do much driving except in city. Covered around 500 Kms only.
No pitcures for the time being. Will upload in a weeks time.
* Very well put together car. No initial hick-ups, no rattling, no loose plastics. Absolutely no issues so far.
*Buying experience was very pleasant. Got an overdose of follow up calls ( four of them in one week, two from dealer and two from Honda sales)
* Driving is smooth. Gear shifts are precise. At idling it is very quiet and totally vibration free. I don't know how these Japs achieve such perfection!!
*Compared to my opel corsa 1.6, pick up is sluggish in 3rd gear. In city traffic need to down shiift quite often. Out of all the cars I've driven, the feel is closest to the ANHC. On a highway, I think I will still prefer Opel, in which on the 5th, going from 80-120 is not a problem at all. But let me reserve my final comments for a few more weeks.
* Steering has better feed back compared to cars like Zen or Alto. But I still prefer the hydraulic power steering of Opel, though it was heavier. But at parking speeds, Jazz is easier to maneuver.
* Turning radius is small. Much easier to take 'U' turns compared to Opel.
* Suspension is rigid. So at low speeds compared to Opel, more of the pot holes and other road irregularities creep into the cabin. On the positive, as speed picks up ride quality improves a lot.
* Was initially a bit apprehensive about the Rear set comfort. But surprisingly we are finding it quite ok. Rear seats are a bit too upright, but then you get enough leg space and head room. Overall ambience is also quite good.
* Handling is ok. No issues on that front. View from the drivers seat is great. Quarter glasses on the front are effective.
* Space utilization is amazing. So far we felt that it is good family car. Very difficult to categorize this in a traditional hatch category, it gives all the feeling of a spacious sedan.
* Attention to details is amazing. the way interior lights are designed, or how you suddenly find a small niche to put your spectacles exactly where you want that to be, or the way rear seats flattens to give you a perfectly flat loading area etc. etc.
* I got MRF tyres. Was expecting Michelin. At speed can hear quite a bit of tyre noise.
* Coming to Fuel efficiency. According to my calculations (full tank to full tank), it gave 11.2. Onboard computer shows, 12.7 Kmpl.
To give a comparison, our Maruti Alto gives 14-15Kmpl and Opel give 8-9Kpml. This is again bumper to bumper traffic. Will update on the highway mileage in a couple of weeks.
To summarise, so far it is a very good experience.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Got Jazz'd! - Tafeta White Honda Jazz||JRD||Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports||32||25th November 2010 17:14|
|Honda to raise car prices, and Jazz launch soon. EDIT : Jazz spotted testing on pg.14||GeekSrik||The Indian Car Scene||463||9th March 2010 11:17|
|1000 (300?) Honda Jazz Booked In 1st Week||ajnagpur||The Indian Car Scene||88||20th July 2009 16:10|
|HONDA JAZZ Specs : Sometimes, we have to pay to be (jazz)y in our country||sidindica||The Indian Car Scene||507||10th June 2009 15:32|