Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2011, 23:27   #46
Senior - BHPian
 
MileCruncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,992
Thanked: 356 Times
Default re: Fiat Palio - S10 - The legend lives on ! EDIT - Now Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma_devil View Post
Hi guys can anyone tell me if the following estimates for repair are honest :
  1. clutch master cylinder - 1450 + 300 labour
  2. Both front brake discs - 2950 + 400 labour
  3. Brake pads - 850
  4. Service cost - rs 1200 ( brake check up , wash , interior cleaning, oil change, electrical check up , suspension check up , injector and throttle body inspection)
Please suggest , my car is down with a clutch master cylinder failure and the front right brake pad fell offf after i hit a big bump , has tp drive home for 50 kms with the callipers destroying the disc. Thankfully the callipers are fine.

This is a estimate from a small garage near my place , the guy looked honest.
The Clutch Master cylinder seems to be high. The one for Uno is about 600 and is of TVS Girling make.
Rest all seems to be fine.
MileCruncher is offline  
Old 31st August 2011, 15:28   #47
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: LA <--> Bombay
Posts: 459
Thanked: 132 Times
Default re: Fiat Palio - S10 - The legend lives on ! EDIT - Now Sold

So you are the S10 I see around when I come down to work at Thane. And yes there is one more KA one that I occasionally see.

So its been more than 6 months since your last post. How has it been going with the S10.

Cheers
sahakar is offline  
Old 12th September 2011, 17:26   #48
BHPian
 
karizma_devil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 421
Thanked: 16 Times
Default re: Fiat Palio - S10 - The legend lives on ! EDIT - Now Sold

Some recent pictures of the Car ..

This is the way the car has been maintained since last 2 years , i take pride in this fact that the interiors are literally spotless , and smell deliciously fresh !

I love "black" tyre , and i make sure they are black rain or shine !

Its a pity that at 72 rupees and 7 km/ltr in bumper to bumper traffic , and my monthly commute of 1200+ kms has simply made this beast unaffordable !!

And with a very heavy heart i have put it up for sale !

But one thing for sure some day in life i will own of of these GTX/S10 beasts again !!
karizma_devil is offline  
Old 12th September 2011, 17:27   #49
Senior - BHPian
 
anachronix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Madras
Posts: 3,250
Thanked: 1,241 Times
Default re: Fiat Palio - S10 - The legend lives on ! EDIT - Now Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma_devil View Post
Some recent pictures of the Car ..

This is the way the car has been maintained since last 2 years , i take pride in this fact that the interiors are literally spotless , and smell deliciously fresh !

I love "black" tyre , and i make sure they are black rain or shine !

Its a pity that at 72 rupees and 7 km/ltr in bumper to bumper traffic , and my monthly commute of 1200+ kms has simply made this beast unaffordable !!

And with a very heavy heart i have put it up for sale !

But one thing for sure some day in life i will own of of these GTX/S10 beasts again !!
Attach the pictures buddy, waiting to the see the S10
anachronix is online now  
Old 12th September 2011, 17:36   #50
BHPian
 
karizma_devil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 421
Thanked: 16 Times
Default re: Fiat Palio - S10 - The legend lives on ! EDIT - Now Sold

Sorry i missed the pics in the last post.

Here they are -
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Palio - S10 - The legend lives on ! EDIT - Now Sold-dsc_0287.jpg  

Fiat Palio - S10 - The legend lives on ! EDIT - Now Sold-dsc_0291.jpg  

Fiat Palio - S10 - The legend lives on ! EDIT - Now Sold-dsc_0313.jpg  

Fiat Palio - S10 - The legend lives on ! EDIT - Now Sold-dsc_0316.jpg  

Fiat Palio - S10 - The legend lives on ! EDIT - Now Sold-dsc_0336.jpg  

Fiat Palio - S10 - The legend lives on ! EDIT - Now Sold-dsc_0339.jpg  

Fiat Palio - S10 - The legend lives on ! EDIT - Now Sold-dsc_0361.jpg  

Fiat Palio - S10 - The legend lives on ! EDIT - Now Sold-dsc_0341.jpg  

karizma_devil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2011, 20:16   #51
BHPian
 
rock18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 310
Thanked: 54 Times
Default re: Fiat Palio - S10 - The legend lives on ! EDIT - Now Sold

Neat looking car.You will surely miss this car...You could have tried the LPG sequential kit option for economy.
But nevertheless diesel would be a better option.good luck on your new buy.
Somehow my interior does not feel fresh at all..i guess seats are the culprit.some sort of smell is coming from it. I even did a steam washing and AC flush but the old smell remains.
I am not sure how to get rid of it.As of now managing with a can of shaldan.
rock18 is offline  
Old 12th September 2011, 20:29   #52
Senior - BHPian
 
MileCruncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,992
Thanked: 356 Times
Default re: Fiat Palio - S10 - The legend lives on ! EDIT - Now Sold

@Karizma_devil: Sad to hear that you are having to let the S10 go. I'm sure it must be a very painful decision. But I guess one does need to look at their pocket.

I wish you could have bought it from you but alas!
MileCruncher is offline  
Old 12th September 2011, 21:47   #53
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 388
Thanked: 51 Times
Default re: Fiat Palio - S10 - The legend lives on ! EDIT - Now Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma_devil View Post
Some recent pictures of the Car ..

This is the way the car has been maintained since last 2 years , i take pride in this fact that the interiors are literally spotless , and smell deliciously fresh !

I love "black" tyre , and i make sure they are black rain or shine !

Its a pity that at 72 rupees and 7 km/ltr in bumper to bumper traffic , and my monthly commute of 1200+ kms has simply made this beast unaffordable !!

And with a very heavy heart i have put it up for sale !

But one thing for sure some day in life i will own of of these GTX/S10 beasts again !!
Hey sorry to hear that you are parting with the S10. Whenever I visited your building, where one of my friends stay, saw the car standing. The S10 in yellow looks fabulous.
gaddiwale is offline  
Old 13th September 2011, 12:38   #54
BHPian
 
karizma_devil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 421
Thanked: 16 Times
Default re: Fiat Palio - S10 - The legend lives on ! EDIT - Now Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock18 View Post
Neat looking car.You will surely miss this car...You could have tried the LPG sequential kit option for economy.
But nevertheless diesel would be a better option.good luck on your new buy.
Somehow my interior does not feel fresh at all..i guess seats are the culprit.some sort of smell is coming from it. I even did a steam washing and AC flush but the old smell remains.
I am not sure how to get rid of it.As of now managing with a can of shaldan.
I am never comfortable making major changes/mods on cars. Hence i havent even considered the LPG .
The old school way for fresh interiors = leave the doors and boot open , and park the car in Baking sun for 2 days. However my car been driven 100% time with A/c on, plus i get regular interior cleaning .

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddiwale View Post
Hey sorry to hear that you are parting with the S10. Whenever I visited your building, where one of my friends stay, saw the car standing. The S10 in yellow looks fabulous.
You come saw my car at Hiranandani Estate Thane Right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
@Karizma_devil: Sad to hear that you are having to let the S10 go. I'm sure it must be a very painful decision. But I guess one does need to look at their pocket.

I wish you could have bought it from you but alas!
To be very honest I am finding it difficult to close in on a diesel hatch , because i get into the test drive car right out of my S10 , and boy-o-boy do these new diesel hatches disappoint me !!
karizma_devil is offline  
Old 13th September 2011, 15:12   #55
BHPian
 
pareshraheja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 169
Thanked: 75 Times
Default re: Fiat Palio - S10 - The legend lives on ! EDIT - Now Sold

Karizma_devil: Why not the Palio Multijet itself. If you have the patience to wait for 60 to 75 days for delivery I suppose you may be able to pick it up in Mumbai for a mouth watering price from FIAT.
pareshraheja is offline  
Old 13th September 2011, 17:10   #56
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: LA <--> Bombay
Posts: 459
Thanked: 132 Times
Default re: Fiat Palio - S10 - The legend lives on ! EDIT - Now Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma_devil View Post
To be very honest I am finding it difficult to close in on a diesel hatch , because i get into the test drive car right out of my S10 , and boy-o-boy do these new diesel hatches disappoint me !!
Dude believe me, I have been thru the same thing last couple of months trying to find a replacement for my S10 and its come to naught. Just no car matches the drivability of the S10

I have finally decided to keep my S10 for good. I will still be buying a couple of new cars but won't sell the S10.

I think you should do the same. Get a small diesel for your daily commute and keep the S10 for the driver within you.

Cheers
sahakar is offline  
Old 13th September 2011, 19:10   #57
BHPian
 
karizma_devil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 421
Thanked: 16 Times
Default re: Fiat Palio - S10 - The legend lives on ! EDIT - Now Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
Dude believe me, I have been thru the same thing last couple of months trying to find a replacement for my S10 and its come to naught. Just no car matches the drivability of the S10

I have finally decided to keep my S10 for good. I will still be buying a couple of new cars but won't sell the S10.

I think you should do the same. Get a small diesel for your daily commute and keep the S10 for the driver within you.

Cheers
I dont have parking for two cars. Moreover i dont have the financial bandwidth to keep two cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pareshraheja View Post
Karizma_devil: Why not the Palio Multijet itself. If you have the patience to wait for 60 to 75 days for delivery I suppose you may be able to pick it up in Mumbai for a mouth watering price from FIAT.
No more FIATS. Incompetence of TAFF a.s.s ! Though i personally like the Punto MJD , its bit sluggish and I would prefer to stay away from TAFF.
karizma_devil is offline  
Old 14th September 2011, 13:38   #58
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: LA <--> Bombay
Posts: 459
Thanked: 132 Times
Default re: Fiat Palio - S10 - The legend lives on ! EDIT - Now Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma_devil View Post
I dont have parking for two cars. Moreover i dont have the financial bandwidth to keep two cars.



No more FIATS. Incompetence of TAFF a.s.s ! Though i personally like the Punto MJD , its bit sluggish and I would prefer to stay away from TAFF.
I seriously doubt you would get any kind of good money for the S10 unless you already have a Team-BHPer lined up.

Do let me know what you get once you sell it.

Cheers
sahakar is offline  
Old 14th September 2011, 17:48   #59
BHPian
 
karizma_devil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 421
Thanked: 16 Times
Default re: Fiat Palio - S10 - The legend lives on ! EDIT - Now Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
I seriously doubt you would get any kind of good money for the S10 unless you already have a Team-BHPer lined up.

Do let me know what you get once you sell it.

Cheers
"Good" Money is a very subjective statement !

I don't think your above statement is related to the topic of discussion.
karizma_devil is offline  
Old 15th September 2011, 14:38   #60
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: LA <--> Bombay
Posts: 459
Thanked: 132 Times
Default re: Fiat Palio - S10 - The legend lives on ! EDIT - Now Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma_devil View Post
"Good" Money is a very subjective statement !

I don't think your above statement is related to the topic of discussion.
Its definitely your decision to sell it and at what price. My point is that at a particular selling price whether its makes more sense to just keep it or not.

And dude how did putting a price opinion on your desire of selling the S10 be an out of topic discussion.

Anyway all the best and my last post here.

Cheers
sahakar is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fiat Palio S10 - Now, Restoration Complete! lucifer919 Technical Stuff 112 12th September 2017 00:59
Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms Rahulkool Long-Term Ownership Reviews 215 4th April 2016 10:56
My quest for a hot hatch!! Palio S10 EDIT : Now Another one; the mods have begun JayD Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 156 22nd April 2014 14:30
Fiat Palio S10. Now updated to 72,000 kms! amit Long-Term Ownership Reviews 110 25th July 2012 19:53
Legend Lives On - TheNomad's another RD350 T'Log nomadabhi Travelogues 3 13th January 2012 17:08


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:08.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks