Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 1st July 2009, 12:06   #16
gpa
Senior - BHPian

The interiors do look nice. I like the chunky look of the steering wheel with those audio control buttons on them.
gpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2009, 12:13   #17
BHPian

Hi Ada,

Congrats on a very wise purchase. No matter what people may try and say against Ritz, it will be a chart leader. June 09 sales will prove it. Just because there a large number of GP fans in this forum, doesnt mean GP is a great car. IMHO, it is a very average car, which people can only buy with their hearts. It is average in performance (16.4 Secs for 0-100 for a 1.4 petrol is miserable to say the least and I personally can vouch for this sloth as I have TDevn the same), below average in interior quality, average in FE and good in handling and ride quality.

So I personally feel Ritz is an excellent choice and one cant go wrong with a maruti product. Also for your information Ritz sales in May is a tad higher than Swift

Happy driving

Last edited by GTO : 8th July 2009 at 18:21. Reason: Quoted post has been deleted
nurni76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2009, 12:37   #18
BHPian

I happened to see one White Ritz on road today,and for me, it looked like a share auto camuoflaged as Ritz..The design is plain hideous and not to my taste at all,I would say this is one of the horrible looking cars in Indian roads next to Dzire,Ironically both come from India's No.1 car maufacturer.

Can someone ask Maruti to design Cars and not Carts???

Except for it looks,I feel this car is a good contender to be on top.

And Dude,have a great drive with your new baby,don't bother about the looks,because even my girl friend looks just Okay,but still I live with her..
CliffHanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2009, 14:31   #19
ada
BHPian

Cliffhanger dude now that opinion is palatable, as I say once you are inside who cares whats outside, even I had some trouble getting used to its looks.
ada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2009, 15:40   #20
BHPian

ada, I'm sorry for making my post in bad taste, but then, these are the forums where manufacturers look for feedback,and I definitely want to tell Maurti a word or two on their designs, so that's about it...

Have a Nice Day and a wonderful journey with your new car..
I hope she treats you well!!!
CliffHanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2009, 16:01   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Thiis is an ownership thread. You chose a wrong thread to air your feedback.
We have review threads to post such opinion.
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2009, 16:10   #22
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
And Dude,have a great drive with your new baby,don't bother about the looks,because even my girl friend looks just Okay,but still I live with her..
I hope she doesn't come across this comment or else you are in for some
gpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2009, 16:12   #23
BHPian

agree the chillar tray from the good old 800 is back!!!
ownerofazkaban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2009, 16:18   #24
ada
BHPian

No offense meant none taken, I meant even for me looks were a problem, for me also it took time to settle.
ada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2009, 16:42   #25
Senior - BHPian

ada,

Congrats on a very sensible buy.

The Ritz looks bad when viewed from the side but great from any other angle.

Having owned/experienced many brands of cars ,I can say that Maruti is top guns when it comes to top notch reliability,Technology and quality at an affordable cost.No manufacturer in the country gets anywhere close to that.

Forget about criticism and enjoy your drive
vigsom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2009, 17:05   #26
BHPian

IMHO, radical looks last longer, and easily acceptable shapes tend to look old in super-quick time.Seems like MSIL has perfected the art of "designing" cars to last a lifetime. Let me compare a few best selling designs-

- Wagon was called a box on wheels when launched, but with its roof-rails looks quite funky even today and outsells by 2-3 times the santro today which was more easily accepted but even quickly outdated.

-Swift got many rude comments when launched (especially the rear which was compared to the backside of a fat punjabi lady), after 3 years it is still the best and most contempory looking/sporty hot hatch on indian roads. Getz might have more subtle lines, but now it looks as old as a FIAT UNO.

-Ditto with the Dzire, looks hideous to some people but they are an absolute minority. No hiding the fact that it is the largest selling sedan in its segment by a long long margin. And a whole lot of non-owners would also say that it looks far more contemporary than say a logan or a fiesta or an accent executive or an Indigo CS.

-Keep an A-Star parked next to an i-10, and yes, presently conservative family minded people and ladies might select the later now, but it is a no-brainer that the i-10 has started to look too boring within one year of its launch. And the A-Star, well from the front its the nearest thing to a Porsche 911 Carrera this side of 4 lac.

-Coming back to RITZ, the somewhat rakish design stands out from the crowd of hatchbacks and is sure to remain contemporary for atleast the next 3-4 years and it will sure turn heads wherever you take her. Performance and mileage apart, her looks alone makes the I-20 look old school now.

Last edited by gitartha : 1st July 2009 at 17:07.
gitartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2009, 17:13   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ada View Post
BTW Ritz sales in the first month was just a tad lower then swift (approx 8000 nos).
@ada,Congrats!

Ritz is a very nice car.

And to correct you,Ritz actually sold more than the Swift(8700 vs 8100).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustom_99 View Post
n
total minus(-) 5
total plus(+) 2
= good car
@dustom,Your comments look out of place and has a anti-Maruti stance to it.
Good that most of the buyers dont agree with a minuscule view or rather senseless
joy_swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2009, 17:49   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitartha View Post
IMHO, radical looks last longer, and easily acceptable shapes tend to look old in super-quick time.Seems like MSIL has perfected the art of "designing" cars to last a lifetime. Let me compare a few best selling designs-

- Wagon was called a box on wheels when launched, but with its roof-rails looks quite funky even today and outsells by 2-3 times the santro today which was more easily accepted but even quickly outdated.

-Swift got many rude comments when launched (especially the rear which was compared to the backside of a fat punjabi lady), after 3 years it is still the best and most contempory looking/sporty hot hatch on indian roads. Getz might have more subtle lines, but now it looks as old as a FIAT UNO.

-Ditto with the Dzire, looks hideous to some people but they are an absolute minority. No hiding the fact that it is the largest selling sedan in its segment by a long long margin. And a whole lot of non-owners would also say that it looks far more contemporary than say a logan or a fiesta or an accent executive or an Indigo CS.

-Keep an A-Star parked next to an i-10, and yes, presently conservative family minded people and ladies might select the later now, but it is a no-brainer that the i-10 has started to look too boring within one year of its launch. And the A-Star, well from the front its the nearest thing to a Porsche 911 Carrera this side of 4 lac.

-Coming back to RITZ, the somewhat rakish design stands out from the crowd of hatchbacks and is sure to remain contemporary for atleast the next 3-4 years and it will sure turn heads wherever you take her. Performance and mileage apart, her looks alone makes the I-20 look old school now.
Very good finding, man! Only one exception - Maruti Alto. Plain looks, but still selling well. May be because of the entry level price factor, or no competition at all.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 1st July 2009 at 17:51.
romeomidhun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2009, 18:20   #29
BHPian

Ritz definitely does not look bad at all in that White dress. It has a funky design and probably over a period of time people will like it just like wagonR.

Enjoy your drive and post your experiences.
NFS2024 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2009, 18:35   #30
BHPian

Default In my personal opinion...

Looks wise, I think MSIL is finding new lows to design the look of their cars. Somehow, I have not liked any Maruti car except 800, Alto, Old Zen and Baleno. All other cars look really sorry. Too many curves in the body, oddly shaped front and back, et al. One car looks like it just had an accident, another looks like it was rear-ended badly, and the Wagon R looks like the small Tata truck squeezed to smaller size (I think it is the 407).

Engine, performance and all that might be good but I refer only to the looks.
travelwriter is offline   Reply With Quote