Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2009, 18:12   #121
Senior - BHPian
 
kuttapan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,155
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
+1 (me) = 3

Thats a very low number IMO ..
Do you care? You will be part of a very exclusive club(compared to the Punto - many ownership threads now appearing). Anyone in this club booked the Asta(O) yet?
kuttapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2009, 18:48   #122
Senior - BHPian
 
JayD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cochin! At last
Posts: 3,195
Thanked: 1,996 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
+1 (me) = 3

Thats a very low number IMO ..
+1(me). there are some more. Not just posted here, that's all!
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2009, 19:08   #123
Senior - BHPian
 
AbhiJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 1,298
Thanked: 462 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
Do you care? You will be part of a very exclusive club(compared to the Punto - many ownership threads now appearing). Anyone in this club booked the Asta(O) yet?
Do i care?? ... Naah!

Could not book the Asta (O) even though I wanted to .. no money
AbhiJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2009, 10:37   #124
BHPian
 
ntrack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 111
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmn View Post

A Getz CRDI cannot be over taken by a sub 10 Lakhs car. Period.


That is not a fact. Maybe you're right when comparing Diesels. You forget that this country still has the Palio 1.6, the S10 (which can easily cruise all day at 190kmph) & the old City Vtec (though not in production anymore).

Plus, the Getz (though devastatingly powerful) just cannot handle that power - it feels vague. The i20 feels much more comfortable & inspiring at high speeds (but I do not like its steering manners).
ntrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2009, 12:05   #125
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Technocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mid West
Posts: 14,900
Thanked: 2,492 Times
Default

I think he meant currently in Production Sub 10 lakh car
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2009, 12:40   #126
Senior - BHPian
 
kpzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 5,545
Thanked: 1,598 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntrack View Post
That is not a fact. Maybe you're right when comparing Diesels. You forget that this country still has the Palio 1.6, the S10 (which can easily cruise all day at 190kmph) & the old City Vtec (though not in production anymore).

When it comes to diesel its not about top speed its the acceleration where the petrols will be left behind unless they redline in each gear and end up with single digit FE.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ntrack View Post
Plus, the Getz (though devastatingly powerful) just cannot handle that power - it feels vague. The i20 feels much more comfortable & inspiring at high speeds (but I do not like its steering manners).
Been there done that in Getz . Have you ??
Getz is so planted at speeds above 180+ kph with a very well weighted steering.
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2009, 12:43   #127
aZa
Senior - BHPian
 
aZa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Noida / Delhi
Posts: 1,595
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

KP, i see a Fiat punto in your signature ???
aZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2009, 14:04   #128
BHPian
 
ntrack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 111
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Been there done that in Getz . Have you ??
Getz is so planted at speeds above 180+ kph with a very well weighted steering.
Have gone upto 120kmph in Getz, I felt the chassis to be quite stressed taking that kind of acceleration. Steering feels better weighted than i20, however, was not to my liking - I guess being used to the Palio has raised the bar. I'm also not too sure about Getz being very well planted at 180.

Last edited by ntrack : 22nd July 2009 at 14:08.
ntrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2009, 15:51   #129
BHPian
 
tortoiseNhare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Guwahati
Posts: 527
Thanked: 45 Times
Default

I personally really like the i20 crdi. The only gripe, to me, it is not affordable. I first came to know about crdi technology from Murad Ali Baig's review of Hyundai Accent crdi. So, although the technology might have been used much earlier by other big manufacturers I always associate crdi with Hyundai.

Many of the threads of Indian Car Scene are full of passionate brand drumming or brand bashing. I may love a particular brand because I own and drive a car of that brand. I see no reason why I should not like competing cars of other brands. At the same time I don't appreciate bad mouthing of the particular brand that I own.
tortoiseNhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2009, 11:03   #130
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 344
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntrack View Post
Have gone upto 120kmph in Getz, I felt the chassis to be quite stressed taking that kind of acceleration. Steering feels better weighted than i20, however, was not to my liking - I guess being used to the Palio has raised the bar. I'm also not too sure about Getz being very well planted at 180.
Well it is very much planted. In a petrol car i have always felt that they are light at the front making them susecptable to jitters. The feel of 190kmph in a getz feels like you are on 100. At 120 if the cars wheel balancing is not done properly then the car feels wierd to drive thats all. If have taken it past 190 on many occations and have found it very comfortable.
ShyamSCrdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2009, 11:25   #131
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NA
Posts: 769
Thanked: 49 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
When it comes to diesel its not about top speed its the acceleration where the petrols will be left behind unless they redline in each gear and end up with single digit FE.
Off topic. But just to support what you are saying, I will remind people:

more torque = good acceleration
power = torque * rpm * a constant
=> more power mean a good torque at a good range of rpm
=> can go faster (higher speed)

So, diesels have more torque, and thus quicker in acceleration, but petrols make it up by keeping the average torque till a good range of rpm. If one would have to draw a power graph against rpm for both diesel and petrol engines, diesel will have steeper climb, but would fall very soon while petrol would still continue to climb.

I love the torque, not the power
opendro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2009, 12:57   #132
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Thad E Ginathom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 7,847
Thanked: 7,246 Times
Default

Quote:
more torque = good acceleration
Mistaken premise.

Torque is pulling power,and has nothing to do with acceleration.

Torque, in practice, means being able to stay in a higher gear without labouring (lugging) or stalling. It means not having to change down in that slow traffic on the flyover.

It has nothing to do with the time period between n kmph and, say, n+10 kmph on acceleration.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2009, 13:26   #133
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 1,457
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Mistaken premise.

Torque is pulling power,and has nothing to do with acceleration.

Torque, in practice, means being able to stay in a higher gear without labouring (lugging) or stalling. It means not having to change down in that slow traffic on the flyover.

It has nothing to do with the time period between n kmph and, say, n+10 kmph on acceleration.
yes sir, torque is to pull power without having to change down in slower speeds, which is perfect on crdi mill of i20.
vijaythacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2009, 16:37   #134
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 47,749
Thanked: 89,404 Times
Default

Quote:
unless they redline in each gear and end up with single digit FE.
Brilliant point, Kpzen. To expand on that, diesel FE is far less sensitive to acceleration runs than in petrols. I can drive my diesel cars as I please, and still get respectable FE numbers. The petrols, on the other hand, sip fuel like nobody's business when high-revved.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2009, 16:45   #135
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,507
Thanked: 1,273 Times
Default

190 in a Getz? Cruising at 190 all day in an S10? You gentlemen must be invulnerable! Even given the optimism in the speedos, those speeds need you to be.
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ford Figo TDCi v/s Hyundai i20 CRDi v/s Hyundai i20 1.2 v/s Honda Jazz lamborghini Hatchbacks 24 18th December 2010 15:54
Test drive : Hyundai GETZ CRDi diesel kpzen Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 319 3rd June 2009 15:41
Hyundai Elantra CRDI test drive ported_head Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 8 2nd July 2005 01:45
Looking for Hyundai dealer with crdi cars for test drive tsk1979 Indian Car Dealerships 0 6th June 2005 10:27


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:44.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks