Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2009, 20:18   #46
BHPian
 
sanagg1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: HIMALYAS
Posts: 274
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek.singh.73 View Post
Update 15th July

1. My Vehicle is not registered on TATA CRM - and my first service is still not recorded. means lots of problem going forward !!! - This is after 1.5 Month after purchasing the vehicle.

2. As per Auyush Motors - No oil change required on first service, and my service book is incorrect. I dunno what to beleive and what not to.

3. Still no sign of Sterling Motors and their stories..


Great going TATA, let me see how long does it take....
First thing first-I deeply empathise with you.
I realise the immense frustration you are feeling not that you can not get these things done elsewhere but the feeling of being given shortchange HURTS.
IMHO you can try the following National Consumer Helpline - 1800-11-4000 Jago Grahak jago,Complaint Management System

I am not very confident of sure outcome or positive results but it will definitely do following things

1. Give a proper platform to vent your feelings
2. Give others a simple way to get together
3. It will not cause you much pain using this forum
4. It won't cost you much either in terms of money or time
5. You(WE) might get heard at the top.

All the best
2.
sanagg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2009, 20:25   #47
BHPian
 
sanagg1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: HIMALYAS
Posts: 274
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Duplicate thread -deleted

Last edited by sanagg1 : 15th July 2009 at 20:27.
sanagg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2009, 21:21   #48
BHPian
 
vivek.singh.73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Noida
Posts: 258
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanagg1 View Post
Duplicate thread -deleted
which thread is duplicate and whats deleted????
vivek.singh.73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2009, 21:46   #49
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 1,477
Thanked: 158 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek.singh.73 View Post
which thread is duplicate and whats deleted????
Duplicate Post and not Thread and he is asking to delete his Post, be happy nothing wrong in your Thread

Last edited by gowda79 : 15th July 2009 at 21:54.
gowda79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2009, 23:56   #50
BHPian
 
vivek.singh.73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Noida
Posts: 258
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanagg1 View Post
First thing first-I deeply empathise with you.
I realise the immense frustration you are feeling not that you can not get these things done elsewhere but the feeling of being given shortchange HURTS.
IMHO you can try the following National Consumer Helpline - 1800-11-4000 Jago Grahak jago,Complaint Management System

I am not very confident of sure outcome or positive results but it will definitely do following things

1. Give a proper platform to vent your feelings
2. Give others a simple way to get together
3. It will not cause you much pain using this forum
4. It won't cost you much either in terms of money or time
5. You(WE) might get heard at the top.

All the best
2.
Logged complaint with them, not sure what they will do to help. BUT I FOR SURE WANT TATA TO PAY FOR WASTING SO MUCH OF MY TIME IN TRACKING THEIR MIS-DEEDS !

IS THERE ANYWAY FOR ME TO DEFINE SOME KIND OF FINE ON THESE GUYS..SHAMELESS BUNCH ! KEEP BLURTING OUT FALSE STATEMENTS DAY BY DAY WITHOUT ANY ACCOUNTABILITY ! I FEEL LIKE GIVING FULL PAGE ADVERTISEMENT ON NEWSPAPER :(
vivek.singh.73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2009, 14:07   #51
Distinguished - BHPian
 
4x4addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,975
Thanked: 2,497 Times
Default

Vivek:

Don't mean to rub salt in your wounds, but many on the forum myself included suggested that you buy an Innova.

Safari is a decent vehicle and people who like it should buy it but please don't get your expectations very high from Tata or their products. Rember that the bulk of Tata's passenger car sales come from low end models like Indicabs and Taxi sumos so dealers and the company is not aware of how to treat a person who has just shelled out around 10 lakhs +/- for a Safari.

If you are so passionate to own a Safari be prepared to accept the whole package including a number of dealer visits to reclaim your spare parts.
4x4addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2009, 18:48   #52
BHPian
 
vivek.singh.73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Noida
Posts: 258
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

4*4 Addict - Point taken but since I have taken the plunge, I want to TATA to pay for going back on their assurance THAT THEY HAVE IMPROVED.

Update - 16th July

1. No update on service 1, whether it requires oil change.

2. Vehicle is still not registered on TATA CRM

3. Sterling Motors - its TATA problem, TATA - Navneet has stopped taking calls and responding..guess he is sales focused so no more responses.

4. Called up the TATA help desk today - I introduced myself, gave brief description of the problem. The lady at desk, asked for more and as I was giving her the details - I realised that she was talking to someone else and just repeating generic questions !

So I just requested her to speak to one person at a time,..."Ok" she said and asked me to repeat what did I say. Grrr So I asked - do you know what have I told you so far, and she blurts out that oh so you don't have a service booklet, pls. contact regional service rep !!!

WHAT A WASTE - I don't understand why do they have this number in the first place? Called up Gurgaon - service manager is on leave, left a message but it was evident that nothing is going to come out of it without many-2 followups.

Good Going TATA !! That's called brilliant customer interfacing


More later
vivek.singh.73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2009, 09:52   #53
Senior - BHPian
 
n.devdath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,962
Thanked: 1,714 Times
Post What is the number you called?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek.singh.73 View Post

4. Called up the TATA help desk today

More later
Was the number:18002097979 that you called?
I know how you feel but I would still suggest being patient and persistent which you are, I m sure things will improve.
n.devdath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2009, 11:09   #54
BHPian
 
vivek.singh.73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Noida
Posts: 258
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Was the number:18002097979 that you called?
I know how you feel but I would still suggest being patient and persistent which you are, I m sure things will improve.
Yes it was 18002097979 number as listed on Tata Motors Customer Care :: Home.
vivek.singh.73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2009, 11:17   #55
Senior - BHPian
 
greenhorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: TN-14
Posts: 6,839
Thanked: 1,318 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
If i call their toll free number, prolly some CSR will take it down diligently, and it will be sent again to the regional office, and become yet another statistic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek.singh.73 View Post
Called up the TATA help desk today - I introduced myself, gave brief description of the problem. The lady at desk, asked for more and as I was giving her the details - I realised that she was talking to someone else and just repeating generic questions !

So I just requested her to speak to one person at a time,..."Ok" she said and asked me to repeat what did I say. Grrr So I asked - do you know what have I told you so far, and she blurts out that oh so you don't have a service booklet, pls. contact regional service rep !!!

WHAT A WASTE - I don't understand why do they have this number in the first place?
I guessed right after all. Expecting Tata customer support to behave logically and reasonably would be too much to expect at this point
greenhorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2009, 11:51   #56
Senior - BHPian
 
n.devdath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,962
Thanked: 1,714 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek.singh.73 View Post
Yes it was 18002097979 number as listed on Tata Motors Customer Care :: Home.

I could be repeating the question here, but I guess Dadu has mentioned in a couple of posts that he knows a few BIG people at TATA associated with the Safari development directly. Did you try to contact him???
n.devdath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2009, 13:47   #57
BHPian
 
vivek.singh.73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Noida
Posts: 258
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
I could be repeating the question here, but I guess Dadu has mentioned in a couple of posts that he knows a few BIG people at TATA associated with the Safari development directly. Did you try to contact him???
Not yet but since you mentioned it, I have just left a PM for him. I am willing to go any mile to get closure on the outstanding issues with TATA.
vivek.singh.73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2009, 13:48   #58
Team-BHP Support
 
tsk1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 22,955
Thanked: 15,648 Times
Default

vivek, do you have issues with vehicle also or are they mostly related to vehicle in CRM and backend etc.,
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2009, 15:07   #59
Senior - BHPian
 
himanshugoswami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: !!!!
Posts: 2,006
Thanked: 1,018 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
I could be repeating the question here, but I guess Dadu has mentioned in a couple of posts that he knows a few BIG people at TATA associated with the Safari development directly. Did you try to contact him???

going by the experiences most owners (esp for 2.2) seem to be having, the highlighted part seems to be a bit of an oxymoron, does it not!
himanshugoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2009, 16:04   #60
BHPian
 
vivek.singh.73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Noida
Posts: 258
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
vivek, do you have issues with vehicle also or are they mostly related to vehicle in CRM and backend etc.,
Tanveer - Fingers crossed - so far no serous issues with the vehicle and I am enjoying driving it. Its just I can do with lesser NVH levels and its been about 2 months wait to get Anti-rust and sound deading work done in my vehicle. Automobile Sterling - these guys are still chasing Wurth and meeting them every week to figure out how much would it cost for last 2.5 months.

The issues I have are
1. CRM/backend
2. First service , does it require oil change or not, and which oil?
3. Minor points, ac vent loose, screw missing etc.


The problem with these guys (TATA) is that they just don't respond !

Last edited by vivek.singh.73 : 17th July 2009 at 16:18.
vivek.singh.73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TATA Safari GX Delivery period/should I chuck it? (EDIT: Now post delivery issues!) vivek.singh.73 The Indian Car Scene 108 27th July 2009 22:09
Tata Safari Dicor LX 4 X 2 or Safari Dicor EX 4 x 2 Digitalmafia SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 55 1st June 2009 17:31
Smoking Laws in India: Bad expereince at a restaurant amit Shifting gears 87 11th September 2008 01:58
Bad Expereince @Fortune Cars @Nerul Vs Wasan Motors @Chembur rudrah Indian Car Dealerships 3 28th February 2008 14:53
A very bad expereince with traffic policeman. hkanitkar Street Experiences 21 25th August 2006 14:13


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:35.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks