Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2009, 10:24   #151
BHPian
 
ms001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 919
Thanked: 63 Times
Default

where are the new pics dude?
ms001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2009, 10:54   #152
BHPian
 
ms001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 919
Thanked: 63 Times
Default

did you get the manual/remote central locking installed ?
which brand and how much?
ms001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2009, 17:45   #153
BHPian
 
srikant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 488
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

That really sounds interesting and you are keeping us in suspense. This is not right. . we are waiting.
srikant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2009, 20:12   #154
BHPian
 
srikant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 488
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Still no pics?? when you posting dude? we are waiting . .
srikant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2009, 20:13   #155
BHPian
 
furioussphinx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 536
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Sorry for all the delay guys. I was caught up in some mess and with work too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
did you get the manual/remote central locking installed ?
which brand and how much?
Central Locking could not be fitted by the accessory shops outside so right now, am waiting for it arrive as an accessory to the Fiat showroom.

Guys, the pics may are just plain candid style. I did not have the right lighting because I was late and I was in a hurry so had to shoot in 5mins.

The OZ alloys belong to fellow member naveen.kk and we tried them on my car for a week to see if the punto had any issues taking in the 15inchers or 205 section tires. No problem whatsoever. So the hunt for the alloys is on and so far no luck. Right now, the car is back to bone stock wheels.

I have got Llumar tints put on along with interior seat covers. I apologize for the interior pics not being put up yet. They will be up soon.

BTW, the car is now 2300kms old and going strong. There are a few rattling issues though.
Attached Images
     
furioussphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2009, 20:29   #156
BHPian
 
ms001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 919
Thanked: 63 Times
Default

wow the alloys and tyre combo looks great on the car.
ms001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2009, 21:37   #157
BHPian
 
furioussphinx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 536
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
wow the alloys and tyre combo looks great on the car.
You should have seen it in for real, was breath taking nevertheless.

Guys help me find some good looking 98pcd alloys.
furioussphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2009, 22:48   #158
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 739
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Have the doors been opened either for sunfilm/ICE? If so, thats the cause of your rattles. Make sure to get them fixed at 1st service which is coming up sooon!

And as for 98pcd Alloys ... I am sure you must've considered Linea alloys and Punto-Emotion alloys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx View Post
BTW, the car is now 2300kms old and going strong. There are a few rattling issues though.
neotraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2009, 08:02   #159
BHPian
 
furioussphinx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 536
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
Have the doors been opened either for sunfilm/ICE? If so, thats the cause of your rattles. Make sure to get them fixed at 1st service which is coming up sooon!

And as for 98pcd Alloys ... I am sure you must've considered Linea alloys and Punto-Emotion alloys?
Even I suspect the ill fitment of the doorpads and seats. The pads were opened for ICE. The total list of issues,

1. Rattles, can be felt over bumps or sharp turns.
2. Little piece of plastic shaking under the gearknob, kind of got a hang of it.
3. Bad quality interiors, the glovebox is uneven. Got to get that fixed.

Got 3 scratches on the car. One is big and other 2 are not that visible. And yes, all three are deep.

Linea and Punto are in the hitlist but sadly neither of them are available with the dealers here in hyd.

I got my RC card 2 days back and the RTO issues are getting onto my nerves. Now the car is spelt at petrol instead of diesel and its an emotion pack instead of an active variant. The showroom people said they would correct it in a matter of 10days.
furioussphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2009, 08:55   #160
Senior - BHPian
 
Ramsagar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bangalore-Nellore
Posts: 1,327
Thanked: 38 Times
Default

Hurray!!!Guess this is the first punto with after market alloys in T-Bhp.
How abt the first punto with petes dabhaa?
Ramsagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2009, 11:08   #161
BHPian
 
NFS2024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 484
Thanked: 81 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx View Post
Even I suspect the ill fitment of the doorpads and seats. The pads were opened for ICE. The total list of issues,

1. Rattles, can be felt over bumps or sharp turns.
2. Little piece of plastic shaking under the gearknob, kind of got a hang of it.
3. Bad quality interiors, the glovebox is uneven. Got to get that fixed.
Wow already so many iQC ssues in a new car? Feels sad to know that Fiat is not the same old solid cars that we were used (still remember the uno we had). All because of providing a VFM car i guess, ala Maruti.
NFS2024 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2009, 11:33   #162
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 739
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Please read his post properly before jumping to conclusions.
There is nothing Fiat can do, if the car-decor-shop guy screws up the door pads.
Same thing will happen to i20 and jazz as well, if they don't take proper care in opening/fixing door pads.


Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Wow already so many iQC ssues in a new car? Feels sad to know that Fiat is not the same old solid cars that we were used (still remember the uno we had). All because of providing a VFM car i guess, ala Maruti.
neotraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2009, 12:45   #163
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,717
Thanked: 425 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx View Post
the glovebox is uneven.
You mean it's not aligned properly? Loose fitting resulting in rattles? Could you elobrate on this? A picture would help.
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2009, 12:55   #164
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 1,457
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

wow that red hot hatch looks cool with those alloys, post more pics withinteriors which is spared by you till now.any updates on your new alloys and wheels?
vijaythacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2009, 17:13   #165
BHPian
 
furioussphinx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 536
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Hurray!!!Guess this is the first punto with after market alloys in T-Bhp.
How abt the first punto with petes dabhaa?
I have that on my check list but no more funds. Am just a student with no job lol. So all I have to do is score good and ask my dad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Wow already so many iQC ssues in a new car? Feels sad to know that Fiat is not the same old solid cars that we were used (still remember the uno we had). All because of providing a VFM car i guess, ala Maruti.
Yes, they had to step down in the interior quality for the price tagging. The exterior quality is top notch. Its only when it comes to the interiors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
Please read his post properly before jumping to conclusions.
There is nothing Fiat can do, if the car-decor-shop guy screws up the door pads.
Same thing will happen to i20 and jazz as well, if they don't take proper care in opening/fixing door pads.
The rattling is not from the door pads. I guess its from the ill fitment of the seats or the pads might be adding up to it too. I agree Fiat cannot be blamed for this. Some issues with the quality are like, the dashboard centre console is very plasticy. Whenever my knee presses over it, it makes that aweful cheap flimsy plastic noise. Now that cannot be corrected as its the quality of the plastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
You mean it's not aligned properly? Loose fitting resulting in rattles? Could you elobrate on this? A picture would help.
No rattlings because of the misalignment of the glovebox. I do not know if this came like this with the car or the car accessory guys had something to do about it. It was only when my dad pointed it out that I noticed it. Its a little slanting, towards the right its proper and towards the left, its a little pushed in. Here am attaching a pic to help illustrate. Ill get it corrected in the first service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
wow that red hot hatch looks cool with those alloys, post more pics withinteriors which is spared by you till now.any updates on your new alloys and wheels?
I just noticed that I have two pics of the interior which I shot while getting my ice done. Better Interior pics will be sometime this week or over this weekend.

No luck with the alloys yet. Today I did some high speed cornering and it scared the **** out of me. The whole car lost grip and was skidding off sideways. Enough to make me go buy better tires. So now the hunt is hotter, if I get alloys, 15inch tires and if no alloys, then better tires on stock rims.
Attached Thumbnails
First love is first love, The Punto Saga.-picture-004.jpg  

Attached Images
  

Last edited by furioussphinx : 20th July 2009 at 17:17.
furioussphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Punto saga :( ketan_kunde Technical Stuff 12 1st April 2012 22:14
Grande Punto Facelift: From baby Maserati to Punto Evo EDIT: Punto 'My Life' on pg.7 sushanthr77 The International Automotive Scene 167 25th November 2011 12:02
The zoo zoo saga - Fiat Punto 90 HP Bossa Nova White speedKrazy Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 43 5th June 2011 09:55
Grande Punto, Red Emotion Pack Multijet Diesel 9000 km - 4 months - Saga continues SamtheLeo Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 54 12th February 2010 21:30
The SAGA of Low_Bass_Makker low_bass_makker In-Car Entertainment 1400 5th January 2009 01:32


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:42.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks