Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2009, 16:40   #226
BHPian
 
ms001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 919
Thanked: 63 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx View Post
This was just a teaser pic. The pics will be up slowly in installments from tomorrow. Did some off roading in it
where are the pictures dude?
ms001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2009, 14:58   #227
BHPian
 
furioussphinx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 536
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mech View Post
Pics are awesome man

Dude, could you let me know the model no. of the central locking.
Will try hunting for the manual and let you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
where are the pictures dude?

Sorry for the delay. Was too caught up doing up my bike. More coming up.

She just got done with her 2nd service yesterday and now she is very smooth. Took of the wheelcaps for a change. Looking slightly sporty now lol. the experience with Malik cars is something I liked. There reverted to the issues very promptly and the overall experience was fantastic. Thumbs up to Malik.
Attached Thumbnails
First love is first love, The Punto Saga.-img_3625.jpg  

First love is first love, The Punto Saga.-img_3738.jpg  

First love is first love, The Punto Saga.-22222.jpg  


Last edited by furioussphinx : 18th September 2009 at 15:00.
furioussphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2009, 15:09   #228
Senior - BHPian
 
pulsar56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1,173
Thanked: 319 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
where are the pictures dude?
For once I was wondering why Sagar was asking the question to himself? (was looking only at the Avatar)

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx View Post
Will try hunting for the manual and let you know.

Sorry for the delay. Was too caught up doing up my bike. More coming up.

She just got done with her 2nd service yesterday and now she is very smooth. Took of the wheelcaps for a change. Looking slightly sporty now lol. the experience with Malik cars is something I liked. There reverted to the issues very promptly and the overall experience was fantastic. Thumbs up to Malik.
Nice pictures Sagar.
And, What changes have gone into the bike?
pulsar56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2009, 15:14   #229
BHPian
 
ms001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 919
Thanked: 63 Times
Default

nice pictures Sagar, you completed 15k kms already?
ms001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2009, 15:25   #230
BHPian
 
furioussphinx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 536
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
For once I was wondering why Sagar was asking the question to himself? (was looking only at the Avatar)



Nice pictures Sagar.
And, What changes have gone into the bike?
Its overbored to 142cc, Ported and Polished head, Calculated Expansion Chamber, D-slide racing carb, new paintjob, Disk conversion and suspension from the Pulsar and next is a HID kit with a few minute cosmetic changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
nice pictures Sagar, you completed 15k kms already?
Second service is at 7500Kms. Now she is around 7800kms old
furioussphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2009, 15:48   #231
BHPian
 
Caramelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: ahmedabad
Posts: 769
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

nice pics again. hey isn't the service interval like 15k kms. whats the deal here?

also get those alloys if you can. before i fall in love witht those wheels caps .

gosh even those look kinda interesting.i mean they are not hidious (can't believe i just said that).

Last edited by Caramelo : 18th September 2009 at 16:00.
Caramelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2009, 21:59   #232
BHPian
 
furioussphinx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 536
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
nice pics again. hey isn't the service interval like 15k kms. whats the deal here?

also get those alloys if you can. before i fall in love witht those wheels caps .

gosh even those look kinda interesting.i mean they are not hidious (can't believe i just said that).
Yes, the first service is at 1500kms, second at 7500kms and third at 15000kms according to the manual. Even the workshop chaps dint know that. Had to show them the manual

I wish I could afford a new set of alloys and tires now. My car badly begs for better footwear but I prefer to run it stock as she is going to be with me for hardly one year :( Spent all the money saved up for the car on my bike.
furioussphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2009, 16:22   #233
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,717
Thanked: 425 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx View Post
Yes, the first service is at 1500kms, second at 7500kms and third at 15000kms according to the manual.
This is for the MJD? The manual in my car says first service at 3,000kms, second at 15,000 and third at 30,000kms. Oil and filter change at 15K intervals.
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2009, 05:13   #234
BHPian
 
Caramelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: ahmedabad
Posts: 769
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx View Post
Yes, the first service is at 1500kms, second at 7500kms and third at 15000kms according to the manual. Even the workshop chaps dint know that. Had to show them the manual

I wish I could afford a new set of alloys and tires now. My car badly begs for better footwear but I prefer to run it stock as she is going to be with me for hardly one year :( Spent all the money saved up for the car on my bike.

i can feel your pain bro. infact i am also a student 23 years old .(graduate, studying for my Mba, and unemployed )

i want to buy this car too. but in petrol e pack i am saving all the money i can.(i dabble in the financial markets. its quite serious dabbling i tell you. ) i earned and saved like 3.5 lacs last year and blew rest of the stash on buying myself p200 lolz. a communicator phone . i was also gonna buy an LED tv worth 1 lac( i watch lot of HBO) this coming Diwali but i got from my father he says . save for the damn car, an don't buy stupid things. i know he is right!

i had like 6 lacs cash in my hand, my own money. 3 years ago and i was gonna buy myself a swift zxi. but my elder sis marriage came up so i gave all that money to my father to help plan the wedding and stuff. recently i renovated my whole house. spent 2.75ish lacs. on that!!! i like to help out my parents. don't want them to spend money.

so in short money comes and money goes. i make money and blow money(even lose money somtimes in the market.). but i never get to see the car i always want. my pop tells me beta buy an audi when you complete your mba and when you get the high flying corporate job . but i want it nowww!! pop wont let me take a car loan. my income is not stable obviously. i don't wanna risk it too!! so just saving for it. i am looking forward in jan maybe i will save enough for it or just buy a vw polo in jan-march or somethin.

Last edited by Technocrat : 29th September 2009 at 18:04. Reason: Only 2 smilies per post allowed, thanks
Caramelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2009, 23:39   #235
BHPian
 
furioussphinx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 536
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
This is for the MJD? The manual in my car says first service at 3,000kms, second at 15,000 and third at 30,000kms. Oil and filter change at 15K intervals.
Weird. The manual I got mentioned second at 7.5k kms. Did not bother to check if it was for MJD. Shall check it up and post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mech View Post
Pics are awesome man

Dude, could you let me know the model no. of the central locking.
The model is Fort Knox 8499A (Lx v2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
i can feel your pain bro. infact i am also a student 23 years old .(graduate, studying for my Mba, and unemployed )

i want to buy this car too. but in petrol e pack i am saving all the money i can.(i dabble in the financial markets. its quite serious dabbling i tell you. ) i earned and saved like 3.5 lacs last year and blew rest of the stash on buying myself p200 lolz. a communicator phone . i was also gonna buy an LED tv worth 1 lac( i watch lot of HBO) this coming Diwali but i got from my father he says . save for the damn car, an don't buy stupid things. i know he is right!

i had like 6 lacs cash in my hand, my own money. 3 years ago and i was gonna buy myself a swift zxi. but my elder sis marriage came up so i gave all that money to my father to help plan the wedding and stuff. recently i renovated my whole house. spent 2.75ish lacs. on that!!! i like to help out my parents. don't want them to spend money.

so in short money comes and money goes. i make money and blow money(even lose money somtimes in the market.). but i never get to see the car i always want. my pop tells me beta buy an audi when you complete your mba and when you get the high flying corporate job . but i want it nowww!! pop wont let me take a car loan. my income is not stable obviously. i don't wanna risk it too!! so just saving for it. i am looking forward in jan maybe i will save enough for it or just buy a vw polo in jan-march or somethin.
Dude, tell you what? You are in a much better position than what I was. Just wait for things to happen, and who knows, as your dad mentioned, you might buy yourself an audi itself soon. Check out my really old thread : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...m-too-far.html (Need a Car - Dream too far?)

Last edited by furioussphinx : 21st September 2009 at 23:41.
furioussphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 00:15   #236
BHPian
 
furioussphinx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 536
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
This is for the MJD? The manual in my car says first service at 3,000kms, second at 15,000 and third at 30,000kms. Oil and filter change at 15K intervals.
Gosh! Thanks a zillion Amit for pointing it out. Just checked it. How stupid of me, my dealer and even the service people! The dealer gave me a service manual of a Palio Stile and I did not even bother to check it! The service people also dint bother to see it. Will be going to my dealer to get mine.
furioussphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 10:32   #237
Senior - BHPian
 
aadix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: hyderabad
Posts: 1,594
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx View Post
Gosh! Thanks a zillion Amit for pointing it out. Just checked it. How stupid of me, my dealer and even the service people! The dealer gave me a service manual of a Palio Stile and I did not even bother to check it! The service people also dint bother to see it. Will be going to my dealer to get mine.

lol, still remember the tension in your voice when you called me to tell about the mix-up!

btw,also find out which fiat brand oil went into your car for the safe side.
aadix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2009, 15:50   #238
BHPian
 
furioussphinx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 536
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Finally, here are the interior pics. I know its terribly late. But better late then never
Attached Thumbnails
First love is first love, The Punto Saga.-miniimg_3860.jpg  

First love is first love, The Punto Saga.-miniimg_3872.jpg  

First love is first love, The Punto Saga.-miniimg_3879.jpg  

First love is first love, The Punto Saga.-miniimg_3895.jpg  


Last edited by furioussphinx : 28th September 2009 at 15:52.
furioussphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2009, 23:18   #239
BHPian
 
furioussphinx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 536
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Here is some timepass work I did with a pic. Please chip in your suggestions.
Attached Thumbnails
First love is first love, The Punto Saga.-miniimg_3838.jpg  

furioussphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2009, 02:32   #240
BHPian
 
Caramelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: ahmedabad
Posts: 769
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

the last one is a stunner. its gonna be my wallpaper for a long time .
Caramelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Punto saga :( ketan_kunde Technical Stuff 12 1st April 2012 22:14
Grande Punto Facelift: From baby Maserati to Punto Evo EDIT: Punto 'My Life' on pg.7 sushanthr77 The International Automotive Scene 167 25th November 2011 12:02
The zoo zoo saga - Fiat Punto 90 HP Bossa Nova White speedKrazy Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 43 5th June 2011 09:55
Grande Punto, Red Emotion Pack Multijet Diesel 9000 km - 4 months - Saga continues SamtheLeo Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 54 12th February 2010 21:30
The SAGA of Low_Bass_Makker low_bass_makker In-Car Entertainment 1400 5th January 2009 01:32


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:52.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks