| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|18th December 2009, 13:24||#46|
Join Date: Jan 2007
Second Service Done
Hi all. I am writing this after the second service done at Vitesse Andheri(W).
The current odo reading is 4434 kms. I did service 2 weeks before 6 months. Cost Rs 155/-
The problem reported for fixing:
1) Rattle from hatch door: They set hatch door and padded the number plate. The major rattle has disappeared.
2) Rattle from B-Pillar on driver side: Fixed and rattle has disappeared.
3) Some screeching sound while shifting the gears(From neutral to 1st).
Fixed and now gear shifting is smooth. Reverse gear shifting has become much better.
4) Last coulpe of weeks some whistling sound used to come while applying break at low speed. Fixed in the service(They said that they cleaned the pads). Now no sound.
5) THEY DID NOT CHANGE THE ENGINE OIL. IT IS TO BE CHANGED ONLY 1 YEAR SERVICE. Is it OK? They did service as per manual.
My experience since I bought the car:
1) Super smooth engine. People who have travelled with me have expressed surprise at the silent engine. Absolutely no sound/vibrations at idle.(Only in the morning at 1st start one can hear engine)
2) Excellent driving position. One gets commanding view of the road ahead.
3) Very good and silent a/c. I satart a/c at speed 3 for quick cooling then set it at 2. At that speed it is very silent.
4)Great handling in Mumbai's bumper to bumper traffic.
5) Music system is ok with me. I use Transend pendrive player with 2GB.
It is connected thru AUX.
1) Small rear window. I find rverse parking difficult. Planning to get rev parking sensors or camera. Pl advise me on this.
2) I find head lamp weak. I use HL with fog lamps at night.
3) Tyre noise at higher speeds. Will change to better tyres. Pl advise.
I am a sedate driver. On highways I rarely go above 100kmph.
I get 14kmpl in 40%(Highway full a/c) 60% Mumbai driving(a/c 50% time).
My shifting pattern (As per Maruti's recomendation):
1st -> 2nd at 10kmph 2nd
2nd -> 3rd at 20 kmph
3rd -> 4th at 30 kmph
4th -> 5th at 40 kmph.
I notice that idle is around 600 RPM. With above procedure rpm remains between 1000 and 2000 (80kmph in 5th).
1) Front windshield VKool ( around 11K Rs. Is it ok?). Other windows I had done VKool at the time of delivery.
2) Snap on Rear View mirror with wider field of view.
3) Michelline or Bridgestone tyres (Pl suggest.)
Will keep updating this as KMs build
Thanks to all TEAM-BHP members for wonderful posts. I have benefitted lot.
Last edited by cartech : 18th December 2009 at 13:28. Reason: Want to add "Second Service Done" to thread title
|18th December 2009, 14:47||#47|
Join Date: Oct 2009
Thanked: 5 Times
Isnt the gear shift grid on the lower side. I mean changing to 5th gear at 40?
|18th December 2009, 14:56||#48|
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: SYD Downsouth
Thanked: 54 Times
Cartech. Nice ongoing report. Keep the details coming.
Are you thinking about adding the small convex mirror which can be stuck to the original rearview mirror? I had this one my Palio, worked well. Before gluing one, just check how much of the origianl mirror view is blocked. If found satisfactory, glue it then.
|18th December 2009, 15:46||#49|
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanked: 2 Times
It's difficult to follow this in b2b traffic, you might shift-up and traffic ahead slows down.
I shift little late, let's say
2nd -> 3rd when it's betw 20 and 30kmph
3rd -> 4th when it's betw 30 and 40 kmph
4th -> 5th when it's betw 40 and 50 kmph
Didn't notice any drop in FE.
|22nd December 2009, 13:47||#50|
Join Date: Oct 2009
Thanked: 5 Times
Yeah, the manual specs are only for fuel efficiency however for the traffic we face dat to day we can up it up by 10km for the shift....
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|'Chasing Life' with our Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT (Fire Brick Red). EDIT: 10,000 km up||a4anurag||Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports||98||6th December 2017 13:26|
|Woman throws brick at traffic cop's motorcycle. Cop throws brick at woman. Cop sacked||aargee||Street Experiences||138||28th August 2015 08:27|
|Ritz Vxi (Fire Brick Red) is home||neo45007||Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports||38||19th May 2010 12:48|
|Ritz vdi limited edition-fire brick red.she is home||drchernish||Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports||54||29th September 2009 12:38|