Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2009, 15:34   #151
BHPian
 
sharma_sanjeevi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 570
Thanked: 62 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Driving back yesterday night on the Palm Beach road from Kharghar to Chembur, I had a entertaining time with Instant consumption display in the MID. It ranged from 7kmpl (While reversing!) to 50 kmpl with an extremely light foot on the accelarator. I was following the expert's advice on keeping a very light foot on the accelarator as if there is an egg under the accelarator . It was a fun drive as I tried to keep the instant consumption as high as possible - every time the display crashed like our stock market's I let off on the accelarator trying to get the mileage up to stay in the higher 20's and early 30's. I know that instant consumption is not the most accurate way to judge milege but the theory was that if the ICC stays around 25-30kmpl then average consumption will also be high.

Yes, this i also experienced in the Linea of FastLove when i took the test ride with him, he showed me the Instant Consumption showed 15-25-30 Kmpl. with the car running in the 3rd Gear and a very light foot on the accelerator
sharma_sanjeevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2009, 00:19   #152
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,309
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Ssshhhh Viddy! Thats how Fiat builds its cars, with passion! And a few loose nuts .
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
I was just making some light hearted humour. If you can't take it positively, kindly ignore it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Those stupid guys at Fiat tried to teach a friend how to drive too when I tagged along with with his GTX. I guess it happens everywhere, not just Maruti. Or maybe you bragged too much about your love for Fiat and the Maruti guys didn't like it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
You really need to learn to get out of the closet. Sure, shall visit your ''truck'' thread. Don't want him to feel left out .
Hmm. IMO, these comments would have been highly avoidable in an ownership report.

Coming to someone's ownership report & asking him to ignore the comments, suggesting him that he is bragging, calling a car as a "truck" & challenging someone that his other thread won't be spared either - are these light-hearted humour(s) ?

Anyway, am going out of here as its an ownership report & I respect that. Sorry guys.
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2009, 01:19   #153
BANNED
 
mclaren1885's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore (the city of modded cars) !!
Posts: 4,821
Thanked: 28 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post

calling a car as a "truck" & challenging someone that his other thread won't be spared either - are these light-hearted humour(s) ?
Dude, some of us refer the SX4 as a truck owing to its high GC, you can check out memo's SX4 thread. And I said, I shall provide my inputs on his other thread, while your making it sound like a threat handed out to him? I think you should stop imagining things or stop trying to read between the lines.

Quote:
Anyway, am going out of here as its an ownership report & I respect that. Sorry guys.
Oooopppsss. I just wasted my time typing the above content. Whats the point in typing all that you have mentioned above and then ending it with this line?
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2009, 02:27   #154
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Dubai
Posts: 116
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Driving back yesterday night on the Palm Beach road from Kharghar to Chembur, I had a entertaining time with Instant consumption display in the MID. It ranged from 7kmpl (While reversing!) to 50 kmpl with an extremely light foot on the accelarator. I was following the expert's advice on keeping a very light foot on the accelarator as if there is an egg under the accelarator . It was a fun drive as I tried to keep the instant consumption as high as possible - every time the display crashed like our stock market's I let off on the accelarator trying to get the mileage up to stay in the higher 20's and early 30's. I know that instant consumption is not the most accurate way to judge milege but the theory was that if the ICC stays around 25-30kmpl then average consumption will also be high.
Holy Cow!!! Unbelievable! Im sure its worth all the money you put in. Such an average with the awesome looks, totally worth it.
Zensi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2009, 02:57   #155
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,309
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Dude, some of us refer the SX4 as a truck owing to its high GC, you can check out memo's SX4 thread.
And you conveniently left the following 1st part of the same statment
Quote:
Coming to someone's ownership report & asking him to ignore the comments, suggesting him that he is bragging,
Quote:
And I said, I shall provide my inputs on his other thread, while your making it sound like a threat handed out to him?
No one is MAKING anything sound like this or that. The tone in which the combined statements were made, makes it sound the way you hear (or read) it.
Quote:
I think you should stop imagining things or stop trying to read between the lines.
And I think you should stop making "light-hearted" humours on an ownership thread for when the other person does not like it, it means sarcasm.
Quote:
Oooopppsss. I just wasted my time typing the above content. Whats the point in typing all that you have mentioned above and then ending it with this line?
Yes. Pls do not waste your & others time who're reading this ownership thread.

I suggest we move off from this thread & can continue the debate on a suitable thread in a more public thread under Indian Car Scene, Sedans, Hatches etc

Last edited by VahanPujari : 23rd July 2009 at 02:58.
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2009, 10:10   #156
BHPian
 
manjo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 62
Thanked: 0 Times
Post if the thread is still alive as an ownership one...

I got my Red Punto Multijet Emotion PK delivered on 2nd July.
Thought should put my words on it here…
Its an awesome car. I just loved it when I saw it first in Europe only.
I got my registration done just 2 days back, a long wait, was running on a temporary one till now.
A small background of me. I had a really old dad’s Ambassador for past 10 years, rest had couple of bikes, a Yamaha RX100 and a splendor.
Then bought an Innova G4 7 seater this april but found difficult to take it along in Bangalore traffic to office (ITPL) so is now in my native, Kerala for my dad.
Then came this beauty and just couldn’t resist from buying it. My budget was a 2 lakh on any second hand one for temporary use as already had a heavy investment on the Innova but increased to a 7.3; but just don’t regret it an inch. So now u can justify my silly questions below if any.

Couple of thing I need to know of this beauty.
  • I have fitted an accessory to automatically close the windows on locking the car. Will this effect the warranty in anyway?
  • I could not get any accessory for this car, guess because newly launched. I bought a general imported floormats, made custom art leather seat covers, but don’t know what to do for the mudguards..
  • There are 4 buttons near the Menu button(right of the steering wheel). 2 I think is for the headlight leveling, 1 is for the front foglights, the other I thought shud be the back fog lights but it doesn’t work. Is it a faulty one or are those some other function?
  • The interior finishes I don’t know why are not good.. the boot release came off once when I was driving. The steering moulds and the lever for seat height and rest doesn’t feel strong enough.
  • Sound when braking hard, is this normal?
  • Music system remains on even after the engine is switched off. Is this a feature or a problem?
  • The ac on start always goes to fresh air mode if it was re-circulate mode before. Is this an issue??
  • How can I see the instant consumption. I fiddled thru the menu yesterday night but couldn’t get to set it. Mine is showing for 100Km and is showing 11.6 km/l and I feel very sad about it L. Help!!
Few points about those earlier comments on this thread..
  • Night it looks awesome with all orange lights on window switches and steering and all..
  • Regarding wash wipers it automatically turns on with the spray but takes a longer while than usual..
  • Blue and me is just awesome. Audio commands are not like the usual phone ones but quite precise but in the menu it automatically says the options available and has to wait till all is over to say what u want J
  • Turning radius is causing a slightttttt problem in city drives… But highways handling is best, especially being able to drive as low as upto 40Km/hr in 5th gear without a shudder… the car seems stuck to the ground when I have to brake hard or take a sharp turn… too good
  • The early morning driving issue I too find it a bit suffocating if I don’t put on atleast the fan immediatedly. (Maybe because I have the resident smell of the new art leather seat covers..), will watch closer and comment further. Without even fan it heats up quite quickly for me…
Will add in more when and where I confront.

Post EDITED since it contained various [FONT], [COLOR] and [SIZE] tags.
Posting with such text formatting should be avoided on Team-BHP as it is inconvenient for members to read post.
Kindly go through Announcements section before proceeding.

Thanking You for your anticipated co-operation

The Team-BHP Support

Last edited by Jaggu : 23rd July 2009 at 10:52. Reason: Font tags, please use preview before submitting and avoid external font editors. Thanks
manjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2009, 11:20   #157
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,717
Thanked: 425 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zensi View Post
Holy Cow!!! Unbelievable! Im sure its worth all the money you put in. Such an average with the awesome looks, totally worth it.
Don't get too excited as these figures are what was displayed by the instant consumption in the MID. The average consumption is hovering around 17.3 to 17.8kmpl at the moment. What I was trying to do is try and keep the instant consumption as high as possible because it should eventually result in the average consumption being high too (Not that 17.5kmpl for a brand new car is less!)

@VP, the truck referred to here is the SX4 due to it's tall man looks and high ground clearance.

Quote:
Sound when braking hard, is this normal?
What kind of sound?

Quote:
The ac on start always goes to fresh air mode if it was re-circulate mode before. Is this an issue??
It's not an issue. That's how the system is designed. All car manuals state that when your car is parked all day outside it's better to open the windows and let some fresh air in before switching on the A/C. I think Fiat had that in mind and designed it that way. Also, in my SX4 when I turn on the ACC, for a few seconds there is very little air coming out of the vents and then the ACC starts in full flow. The manual states that it is designed that way to prevent hot air from blowing onto your face when you switch on the ACC. So the system slowly starts letting the hot, stale air our slowly before going full blast. Different manufacturer's use different techniques for the same purpose.

Quote:
How can I see the instant consumption. I fiddled thru the menu yesterday night but couldnít get to set it. Mine is showing for 100Km and is showing 11.6 km/l and I feel very sad about it L. Help!!
Use the MENU button on the right side of the steering alongwith the TRIP button on the wiper stalk. When you see ICC showing in l/kms, I think you need to keep the TRIP button pressed and the display will change to Km/L.

Quote:
the other I thought shud be the back fog lights but it doesnít work.
When you switch on rear fog lights, a logo lights up in red in the instrumentation display. Does that happen? The lights should be working because if it isn't then the MID will tell you to "Check rear fog lights". The MY CAR feature tells you everything including which light is not working!
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2009, 11:52   #158
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,309
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Congrats Manjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjo View Post
I could not get any accessory for this car, guess because newly launched. I bought a general imported floormats, made custom art leather seat covers, but donít know what to do for the mudguards.
Mudflaps took a while to come in Linea. Guess it'll be same for GP as well.
Quote:
There are 4 buttons near the Menu button(right of the steering wheel). 2 I think is for the headlight leveling, 1 is for the front foglights, the other I thought shud be the back fog lights but it doesnít work. Is it a faulty one or are those some other function?
The button below the front foglight button is for Rear Fog lights. Check that button, Rear fog lights should work with that button provided the lights are ON. The buttons with + & - signs are for settings for various parameters once you press Menu button.
Quote:
Sound when braking hard, is this normal?
Its normal & happens particularly at Low Speed - High Braking means at low speeds when you break to take the vehicle to a stand-still, this sound comes just before car reaches stand-still. Its friction like sound like something is sticking to other surface. It does not come in High Speed - High Braking, High Speed - Low Braking & even Low Speed - Low Braking (means at low speeds you just break slightly but not sufficient enough to take vehicle to standstill). If you're talking about this sticking like sound, it is normal.
Quote:
Music system remains on even after the engine is switched off. Is this a feature or a problem?
Did you use USB & played media from USB? If yes, then pressing OFF button on Media Player wi only "pause" it & won't completely shut is OFF. You need to use the voice command to turn OFF Media Player when its playing from USB. Press Windows button on steering & say STOP MEDIA & the lovely lady will respond that Media stopped
Quote:
The ac on start always goes to fresh air mode if it was re-circulate mode before. Is this an issue??
Its normal. You need to press re-circulation button everytime whie turning ON the AC
Quote:
How can I see the instant consumption. I fiddled thru the menu yesterday night but couldnít get to set it. Mine is showing for 100Km and is showing 11.6 km/l and I feel very sad about it L. Help!!
Repeated pressing of the trip button on viper stalk will navigate you thro' Trip A settings where one of the item is Instant Consumption FE (ICFE)
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2009, 12:09   #159
Team-BHP Support
 
Vid6639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,468
Thanked: 19,375 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
It's not an issue. That's how the system is designed. All car manuals state that when your car is parked all day outside it's better to open the windows and let some fresh air in before switching on the A/C. I think Fiat had that in mind and designed it that way. Also, in my SX4 when I turn on the ACC, for a few seconds there is very little air coming out of the vents and then the ACC starts in full flow. The manual states that it is designed that way to prevent hot air from blowing onto your face when you switch on the ACC. So the system slowly starts letting the hot, stale air our slowly before going full blast. Different manufacturer's use different techniques for the same purpose.
This feature is found even in the VW jetta and frankly speaking it is an absolute pain.

You are never going to remember that the car has gone to fresh air mode and will more often than not forget to put it in re-circulate mode.

The only time you will realise that the AC is on fresh air mode is when a lorry next to you dumps a plume of smoke on your car which enters the cabin.

It's good for other countries but an absolute irritant in India. The ACC should go to fresh air mode first then after 5mins switch to the re-circulate mode or to the mode it was set at. I mean why can't it remember the last AC setting.

Interestingly I noticed this is in the TD jetta and asked why this was the case. I was given the same reason you stated. Then I read the Overdrive long term review and they also say it is a very big irritant especially for our roads.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2009, 12:11   #160
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,717
Thanked: 425 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Its normal & happens particularly at Low Speed - High Braking means at low speeds when you break to take the vehicle to a stand-still, this sound comes just before car reaches stand-still. Its friction like sound like something is sticking to other surface. It does not come in High Speed - High Braking, High Speed - Low Braking & even Low Speed - Low Braking (means at low speeds you just break slightly but not sufficient enough to take vehicle to standstill). If you're talking about this sticking like sound, it is normal.
My Punto has no sounds of any kind while braking - slow or fast speed.
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2009, 12:50   #161
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,309
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
My Punto has no sounds of any kind while braking - slow or fast speed.
Actually, its very very normal & I can't even think if I can call it a "sound". Its kind of something sticking to a surface only for a moment at the fag-end of the braking. I did not notice it until someone brought it up here sometime back.
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2009, 13:06   #162
BHPian
 
roms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 640
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
When you switch on rear fog lights, a logo lights up in red in the instrumentation display. Does that happen? The lights should be working because if it isn't then the MID will tell you to "Check rear fog lights". The MY CAR feature tells you everything including which light is not working!
Wow! That is truly impressive. This car is indeed a feast for a techno freak. Love it!
roms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2009, 15:14   #163
Senior - BHPian
 
extreme_torque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 3,546
Thanked: 1,317 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post
Wow! That is truly impressive. This car is indeed a feast for a techno freak. Love it!
Yes thats the beauty of the CAN BUS architecture is Punto just like your expensive Audi's and the Merc's. Basically there are microprocessors for every function inside your car electrical system so they can detect any malfunction.
extreme_torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2009, 15:27   #164
BHPian
 
amoghchaphalkar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 554
Thanked: 248 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
The phone pairs with Blue&Me automatically now. What I realised is that if the bluetooth is on before I get into the car then it pairs automatically as soon as I start the car but if I switch on Bluetooth after I start the car it has to paired manually. Is that how it works with all of you?
Either way .. it pairs automatically for me. The only time I connected manually was when I set it up for the first time.

I have paired Nokia 7210, Nokia 5310 and Blackberry Storm

Last edited by amoghchaphalkar : 23rd July 2009 at 15:30.
amoghchaphalkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2009, 16:03   #165
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,717
Thanked: 425 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
Either way .. it pairs automatically for me. The only time I connected manually was when I set it up for the first time.

I have paired Nokia 7210, Nokia 5310 and Blackberry Storm
Initially I had to manually pair the phone each time because I ended up with 2 Blue&Me pairing profiles in my phone. I deleted all user data from the car and removed both Blue&Me pairings from my phone and did the pairing again. After that it connects to B&M every time automatically irrespective of whether bluetooth is on before I enter the car or after I sit in it. However, the system does not read messages. Blue&Me says and flashes "No new messages" even when I once got a new message while I was driving. I have a Nokia E66.

Another I have noticed is that the B&M volume is very low and I have to manually increase it every time. This is something I noticed happening for the first time on Monday. It happened again on Tuesday. I haven't driven the car after Tuesday.

I also got the manuals on Monday evening. The Tata-Fiat dealers are jokers. I mailed to the Punto product manager at Fiat India about my manuals on July 14. I got a email from him on July 16 that the manuals have been sent to the dealer. But I saw the email on July 20 and till then the dealer had not called me to inform that manuals have come. Without calling him, I sent my colleague and they gave him the manuals!

I have noticed that you really have to push and kick the guys at Fortune Nerul to get anything done. They are extremely laidback and relaxed about everything. The service is also choc a bloc with cars 24X7. Since they are located on the highway they get a lot of Indica taxi's and Sumo's for service so I have decided to take my car to Fortune Powai. Someone on this forum said that the Fiat technicians there are all from Anuroop so that's an added bonus.
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fiat Grande Punto : 1.3 Multijet : Emotion Pack : 4000 km report amoghchaphalkar Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 460 23rd November 2011 10:33
1978 - Fiat 1100 || 2010 - Fiat Grande Punto Emotion MJD! Sujith1100 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 146 25th October 2011 21:53
Grande Punto, Red Emotion Pack Multijet Diesel 9000 km - 4 months - Saga continues SamtheLeo Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 54 12th February 2010 21:30


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:04.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks