| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|11th July 2009, 23:17||#16|
Join Date: Jun 2007
Thanked: 18 Times
COngratulations Amit. Finally secret revealed!!!
Waiting for the detailed first drive review
|11th July 2009, 23:20||#17|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Feb 2008
Thanked: 233 Times
Congrats Amit. Nice to see a Fiat back in your garage. How much did the Punto work out OTR? Have you parted ways with S10 already?? Awaiting more pics tom. Cheers ! Drive safe
|11th July 2009, 23:22||#18|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Jan 2008
Thanked: 405 Times
Congratulations on the new arrival
No wonder you let the S10 go! A GP-MJD+Petes might just fill that gap.
Congratulations on the new arrival.
I shall be looking forward to another great thread by you to replace your old one on the S10. Your new thread will hold particular interest as it will necessarily be a detailed comparo.
Cheers and congratulations again,
|12th July 2009, 07:35||#21|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanked: 356 Times
Congrats on the purchase Amit!
Would be interesting to see how a Pete'd Punto performs. As its a Plug and Play device, IMO you can go for it right after your first service.
|12th July 2009, 19:14||#25|
Join Date: May 2008
Thanked: 62 Times
Congrats for owning the Italian Babe do post the Photoshoot of the Babe & your initial drving experience.
|12th July 2009, 23:17||#26|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Feb 2004
Thanked: 425 Times
Booking to Delivery:
- Booked the car on June 24 (Wednesday) at Fortune, Nerul. Salesguy says RTO issue still needs to be solved. Expects it to be done in 7 days and delivery in 10 days.
- Get down to finding finance.
- June 27, Saturday: Finance with Kotak is almost done. Kotak says Wasan is offering ready delivery. I am foxed. Call Fortune and before I can talk about Wasan, salesguy asks me about my finance situation. He says car is ready for delivery and we are waiting for you to finish your finance deal.
- June 28, Sunday: I call Kotak guy to my house at 9.30 in the morning. Documentation is done but it's a Sunday so I have to wait.
- June 29, Monday: Kotak guy calls at 12 mid-day. Tells me finance is through and he will try and fax the approval letter by evening to Fortune. Somehow that doesn't get done.
- June 30, Tuesday: I pay my down payment. Salesguy says delivery on saturday. I tell him make it Friday as it's my day off. He says he will try. 4pm I get a call from the car finance guy telling me the loan approval letter is faxed. Cheque will reach dealer tomorrow. I call dealer asking him if the letter is recieved. He confirms. Does a volte face. Now says, RTO issue is pending and car should take another 10 days! I remind him of his statement a day back. He smartly says, we are ready to give the car but RTO problem is causing delays. It's not our fault.
- July 2, Thursday: I call the dealer and am told that RTO approval is expected by tomorrow or Monday.
- July 6,Monday 2pm: I call dealer. RTO approval expected today he says. Tata guys are at the RTO office dealing with this problem and he says I will call you by 4pm when I have confirmed news.
4.30 No call. I call. No response.
July 7, Tuesday 12pm: I call dealer. RTO still pending he says. I blast out telling him that he mislead me. Salesguy says Tata guys are at my dealership, if you want I will put them on line with you. I refuse asking him why I should talk to them or anyone. He says today or tomorrow the RTO approval will come through as Tata guys are going to be at the RTO office. I tell him that Tata guys have been sitting at the RTO office since June 24. Another arguement ends.
July 8, 11am: I call Fiat's Mumbai office at Chembur. A friend of mine gives me the Fiat officers direct number. I call him and am told that I am talking to Linea product manager. I ask him RTO issue. He says Fiat is aware of it and are working hard to get the approval. I tell him the whole story of the dealer. He apologises for the dealer's misleading talk and says that the approval will come on July 10. If the dealer is giving a date before July 10, then he is sorry about his dealer's attitude. Takes down my number and dealers details. Say's he will forward my case to the Punto product manager.
- July 10, 5pm: Dealer calls me and tells me registeration is done. Bang on the date Fiat told me it would be done. But, he wants my thumb impression. I tell him I'll be at his dealership tomorrow.
- July 11, 11am: I reach the dealership. The sales manager that was my salesguy is missing. Someone else takes care of me. Useless place! I give them my thumb impression. Check out the car. The detailers are going to start their work. I ask them and get a confirmation that registeration is done and car is ready for delivery even today! I call my salesguy and ask him why the delivery is scheduled on Monday. He says it's because half of his dealership is closed on Sundays. I tell him that the other half is open so what's the problem? He say's accounts is closed. I tell him I will pay the balance amount right now and he can keep the paperwork complete. Then he tells me that his day off is on Sunday's. I tell him I don't need you to come. Let someone else do the delivery. He agrees.
- July 12, 11am: I sms him and he confirms the car is ready for delivery. I message him back that I'll be there at 1.30pm to pick up the car.
- July 12, 1.30pm: Me and fellow member Sanjeev reach the dealership. Detailer is at work polishing the car. We spend a long time with the car pointing out small areas to be cleaned. Job done we finish the paperwork and I am ready to drive out with my Punto.
Last edited by amit : 12th July 2009 at 23:21.
|13th July 2009, 06:40||#29|
Join Date: Jan 2005
Thanked: 23 Times
@Amit: Pretty eventful experience on the RTO issue. Why are they not telling upfront that the RTO registration would take long and are giving false dates and coming up with the lame blame games. This is what is doing them in. They are probably trying to latch on to the customers who would look for alternatives if there is a delay.
The FIAT and the TATA sales staff are still not integrated well enough in the entire process I feel. There would be similar stories from customers going forward also.
Since the ordeal is through, hope and wish the ownersip experience doesnt echo similar discomfort.
Waiting for your review with your take on how the car stacks up to your previous car.
Happy Ownership and hey! time to change your signature
Last edited by muni : 13th July 2009 at 06:45.
|13th July 2009, 07:45||#30|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Thanked: 116 Times
Hey amit, congrats on the RED Punto. Surely is going to turn a lot of heads. I see lot of trust and confidence being restored in the FIAT brand once again, for good i'm sure. Drive safe and take good care of her.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Fiat Grande Punto : 1.3 Multijet : Emotion Pack : 4000 km report||amoghchaphalkar||Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports||460||23rd November 2011 10:33|
|1978 - Fiat 1100 || 2010 - Fiat Grande Punto Emotion MJD!||Sujith1100||Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports||146||25th October 2011 21:53|
|Grande Punto, Red Emotion Pack Multijet Diesel 9000 km - 4 months - Saga continues||SamtheLeo||Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports||54||12th February 2010 21:30|