Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2009, 14:56   #91
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,717
Thanked: 425 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
That cannot be done if it is a emotion pack as blue and me will not work. but in other models it can be done
You mean we cannot change just the speakers too?

Yes, I think the coming home lights don't get stored. Another question on this. If it doesn't get stored then we cannot use this function while getting into the car right? Does Fiat think that people only come home at night and don't go out anywhere?

Quote:
@Amit- Couple of Q's-
1.- Why pete's only after 10000km, any specific reason?
2.- Can the alloys be changed?
Pete's after 10,000 kms because I would like the car to be run in properly. Not just the engine but the transmission, suspension, tyres everything. Another big reason is Vitamin M.

Alloy's can be changed if you can find 98pcd alloys. I don't think it's needed though. The OE alloys are great looking unless one wants to upgrade to 16 inch wheels.
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2009, 15:41   #92
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,309
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
You mean we cannot change just the speakers too?
Additional speakers can be put. In fact, a t-bhpian has also put an amp in his Linea. Only issue is the amp remains ON always. Something in electrical settings due to B&M & the MID does not let it go OFF even when the ignition is OFF.

Changing HU is not possible due to B&M.
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2009, 16:06   #93
Senior - BHPian
 
coolboy007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,717
Thanked: 1,440 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
If it doesn't get stored then we cannot use this function while getting into the car right? Does Fiat think that people only come home at night and don't go out anywhere?
You are correct Amit. Its the same in all cars, my Scorpio also has follow me home headlights but not get me followed from my home

Everyone designs it such way that it works only when we leave the car. Its better that it doesnt get stored. Also, how will this function of - going out of home headlights on be enabled? A button on remote or what? Or you mean as soon as car is unlocked headlights light up for 30 secs?
coolboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2009, 16:09   #94
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,717
Thanked: 425 Times
Default

Do you know what's the best part of the Punto (or any new car)?

The new car smell. I am loving it!

Maybe AmbiPur and other car perfume should think of introducing a perfume based on the new car smell .

Also, at the time of delivery the dealership told me that mine was the first Punto to be delivered from there.

Quote:
Or you mean as soon as car is unlocked headlights light up for 30 secs?
That's how I thought the coming home function would be in the Punto.

Last edited by amit : 14th July 2009 at 16:10.
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2009, 16:19   #95
Senior - BHPian
 
harry10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Faridabad/Delhi
Posts: 2,226
Thanked: 578 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
You mean we cannot change just the speakers too?

Yes, I think the coming home lights don't get stored. Another question on this. If it doesn't get stored then we cannot use this function while getting into the car right? Does Fiat think that people only come home at night and don't go out anywhere?



Pete's after 10,000 kms because I would like the car to be run in properly. Not just the engine but the transmission, suspension, tyres everything. Another big reason is Vitamin M.

Alloy's can be changed if you can find 98pcd alloys. I don't think it's needed though. The OE alloys are great looking unless one wants to upgrade to 16 inch wheels.
Am now confused how this follow me home works exactly, anyone?

I agree.
However i have one particular set of alloys by HM which i wanted to get for my new car so will see if it fills the requirement otherwise these are good as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Additional speakers can be put. In fact, a t-bhpian has also put an amp in his Linea. Only issue is the amp remains ON always. Something in electrical settings due to B&M & the MID does not let it go OFF even when the ignition is OFF.

Changing HU is not possible due to B&M.
If the amp remains ON always doesn't it affects the battery?
I am sure there might be some way of getting amp n sub attached to them,someone surely will find a way
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2009, 16:21   #96
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Dubai
Posts: 116
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
That cannot be done if it is a emotion pack as blue and me will not work. but in other models it can be done
That's a big downer for audiophiles! :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Additional speakers can be put. In fact, a t-bhpian has also put an amp in his Linea. Only issue is the amp remains ON always. Something in electrical settings due to B&M & the MID does not let it go OFF even when the ignition is OFF.

Changing HU is not possible due to B&M.
Yes I think I faced a similar situation in the Accord - where the HVAC display-controls are linked to the OEM - HU, but you can workaround that by adding another ICE system at the bottom of the center console which has enough width and depth for a touch screen/fancy HU upgrade. (Not sure whether the Punto Console permits that)

Last edited by Zensi : 14th July 2009 at 16:35.
Zensi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2009, 16:24   #97
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,309
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
If the amp remains ON always doesn't it affects the battery?
Yes, it affects. Thats the whole issue.

Quote:
I am sure there might be some way of getting amp n sub attached to them,someone surely will find a way
Precisely the reason why many bhpians are banging heads here --->> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...-my-linea.html

There is no Line-out in HU which is making their life difficult but they are close to reaching the solution
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2009, 16:26   #98
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,309
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zensi View Post
Yes I think I faced a similar situation in the Accord - where the HVAC display-controls are linked to the OEM - HU, but you can workaround that by adding another ICE system at the bottom of the center console which has enough width and depth for a touch screen/fancy HU upgrade.
Here, its not only display on central console.
Its one of the imp feature Blue & Me which is integrated with HU
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2009, 16:31   #99
Senior - BHPian
 
PlatzdaTurbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,304
Thanked: 314 Times
Default

hey amit ! many congrats !!! enjoy your new ride ! i duno how many red emotion pk's r already ther in Mumbai but 1 moe would be joinin urs 2moro ! my red 1.4 petrol arriving 2morow evening ! all the best with your car again !
PlatzdaTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2009, 16:32   #100
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,309
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Do you know what's the best part of the Punto (or any new car)?

The new car smell. I am loving it!

Maybe AmbiPur and other car perfume should think of introducing a perfume based on the new car smell .
Nothing can beat New Car smell !!

Have been struggling to find an alternative of AmbiPure since ages.
Have got hold of somehting but haven't used it as since last 1 month, am using "mogra" fresh flowers keeping it in car every morning
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2009, 16:37   #101
BHPian
 
ghost_rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NEW DELHI
Posts: 148
Thanked: Once
Default

Hi, I've changed my front speakers and put in a sub as well, powered by an 4 channel amp. Had to put in a LOC though to convert the High level signal to RCA. No rear speakers though(4 channels only).

I have an Emotion and not the "Pack", but as long as the HU is the same, I don't see a cause for concern.

Oh yeah, and the amp is powered on when the ignition is turned on irrespective of the HU being ON or OFF. But, looking at changing my HU in the near future. If anyone with an Active or Dynamic variant is interested , PM me.

cheers
ghost_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2009, 11:13   #102
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,717
Thanked: 425 Times
Default

The phone pairs with Blue&Me automatically now. What I realised is that if the bluetooth is on before I get into the car then it pairs automatically as soon as I start the car but if I switch on Bluetooth after I start the car it has to paired manually. Is that how it works with all of you?

When I used the windshield washer fluid the wipers didn't make any swipe's. What's wrong or is there some Italian logic in this that is beyond me?
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2009, 11:20   #103
Senior - BHPian
 
finneyp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,618
Thanked: 160 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
When I used the windshield washer fluid the wipers didn't make any swipe's. What's wrong or is there some Italian logic in this that is beyond me?
If I got it right, it is the same in Palio too.

If you lift the stalk for releasing the washer fluid, it just releases the fluid & doesn't swipe automatically like in other cars.
You need to push the stalk upwards to activate the swipe.
finneyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2009, 11:42   #104
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,717
Thanked: 425 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
If I got it right, it is the same in Palio too.

If you lift the stalk for releasing the washer fluid, it just releases the fluid & doesn't swipe automatically like in other cars.
You need to push the stalk upwards to activate the swipe.
Did they change it in later Palio's? In my 2003 S10, the wiper's made 3 swipes automatically when the washer fluid was sprayed on the windshield.
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2009, 11:49   #105
Senior - BHPian
 
finneyp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,618
Thanked: 160 Times
Default

Amit, looks like S10 had that feature of spray + auto swipe!
In my 2004 Palio 1.2, it worked in 2 steps as I mentioned above.
Also to spray & swipe simultaneously, you need to lift the stalk & push it upwards.
finneyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fiat Grande Punto : 1.3 Multijet : Emotion Pack : 4000 km report amoghchaphalkar Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 460 23rd November 2011 10:33
1978 - Fiat 1100 || 2010 - Fiat Grande Punto Emotion MJD! Sujith1100 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 146 25th October 2011 21:53
Grande Punto, Red Emotion Pack Multijet Diesel 9000 km - 4 months - Saga continues SamtheLeo Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 54 12th February 2010 21:30


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:33.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks