Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2009, 20:29   #46
BHPian
 
Hoopoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 96
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Hearty congratulations again (since I believe I congratulated you in another thread) Hoopoe- saw your Scorpio picture and thats looking great.Nice review !!
Thank You Anjan. I will take a few more photos this weekend and post them.
Hoopoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2009, 16:02   #47
Senior - BHPian
 
Ramsagar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bangalore-Nellore
Posts: 1,327
Thanked: 38 Times
Default

Congrats on the buy another scorpio B2B.Add some good alloys even cladding looks good.
happy wheeling.
Ramsagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2009, 16:20   #48
BHPian
 
Wolfheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bombay
Posts: 160
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Congratulations and welcome to the club! The black and silver combination looks really cool!
Wolfheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2009, 01:00   #49
Senior - BHPian
 
1100D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 4,179
Thanked: 2,358 Times
Default

can we have some more pics of your machine, showing the entire car from the back, front and side.
1100D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2009, 12:48   #50
BHPian
 
Autocop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Thane/Nagpur
Posts: 322
Thanked: 89 Times
Default Congrats

Car Lover, uKoul and Hoopoe congrats for owning the Cheetah.

I have started my search for a car. This week I test drove Linea, Punto. Y'day went to Mahindra showroom for TD of Logan, Xylo and Scorpio. ogan wasn't available. Did a TD of Scop and Xylo just for the sake of it. Until then I was almost sold on a Linea. But the TD of Xylo and Scorpio has done a 180 degree change. Now I am confused between Xylo and Scorpio.

Car Lover, uKoul and Hoopoe,

Did you consider Xylo before deciding on Scorpio? Why you chose Scorpio over Xylo?

Last edited by Autocop : 22nd October 2009 at 12:49. Reason: Missing work
Autocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2009, 14:18   #51
BHPian
 
wmanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 131
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Congratulation! Doesn't the VLX comes with Automatic Climate Control?
wmanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2009, 20:15   #52
Senior - BHPian
 
raj_5004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 5,078
Thanked: 2,031 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocop View Post
Car Lover, uKoul and Hoopoe congrats for owning the Cheetah.

I have started my search for a car. This week I test drove Linea, Punto. Y'day went to Mahindra showroom for TD of Logan, Xylo and Scorpio. ogan wasn't available. Did a TD of Scop and Xylo just for the sake of it. Until then I was almost sold on a Linea. But the TD of Xylo and Scorpio has done a 180 degree change. Now I am confused between Xylo and Scorpio.

Car Lover, uKoul and Hoopoe,

Did you consider Xylo before deciding on Scorpio? Why you chose Scorpio over Xylo?
its very easy actually. if you drive yourself, go for the scorpio.
if you are a back seat person, consider the xylo, in which case, also look at the innova.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmanu View Post
Congratulation! Doesn't the VLX comes with Automatic Climate Control?
nopes.
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2009, 11:19   #53
Senior - BHPian
 
Ramsagar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bangalore-Nellore
Posts: 1,327
Thanked: 38 Times
Default

Good to see many Scorpio's lining up.How abt Innova & Safari?
Are they moving as fast as Scorpio or people are not posting their review comments?
Ramsagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2009, 12:15   #54
Senior - BHPian
 
raj_5004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 5,078
Thanked: 2,031 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Good to see many Scorpio's lining up.How abt Innova & Safari?
Are they moving as fast as Scorpio or people are not posting their review comments?
based on latest posts on car sales, scorpio sells around 3500 a month, innova around 4000 & safari around 1000.
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2009, 12:49   #55
BHPian
 
rejoycjohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore / Calicut
Posts: 442
Thanked: 708 Times
Default congrats on the purchase

cheers to you guys for the new possession ..

But a question here , can the OEM alloys of Vlx be changed to some chunky looking ones ? would there be any effect on the features of the vehicle if we change it ?

I like the LX , but the only thing which i feel missing in the LX is the side cladding .. I had mentioned a similar view on another thread too . Whenever I see a Scorpio LX the same view comes again to me ..

cheers
rejoycjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2009, 21:00   #56
Senior - BHPian
 
raj_5004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 5,078
Thanked: 2,031 Times
Default

hi rejoy,

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoycjohn View Post
But a question here , can the OEM alloys of Vlx be changed to some chunky looking ones ? would there be any effect on the features of the vehicle if we change it ?
the warranty on the tyre pressure sensors would be void. also, if the transfer is not done carefully, you may damage the sensors.

Quote:
I like the LX , but the only thing which i feel missing in the LX is the side cladding .. I had mentioned a similar view on another thread too . Whenever I see a Scorpio LX the same view comes again to me ..
the best option is to go for SLE, the hottest variant right now. you get cladding & ABS too.
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2009, 10:06   #57
BHPian
 
Hoopoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 96
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocop View Post
Car Lover, uKoul and Hoopoe,
Did you consider Xylo before deciding on Scorpio? Why you chose Scorpio over Xylo?
Hi Autocop, I moved to Scorpio from Innova. Both Xylo and Innova re people movers. Secondly, my wife was also an equal participant in decision for whom Xylo was out of consideration.
Hoopoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ownership Report - My new Scorpio VLX mHawk - 25,000 kms and counting raj_5004 Long-Term Ownership Reviews 319 25th May 2011 13:59
My new Scorpio VLX mHawk bull was Booked. Now Delivered agbenny Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 48 20th August 2009 22:02
Old Scorpio Mhawk>>> New Scorpio Mhawk rishin.kalra SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 9 21st July 2009 15:51


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:20.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks