Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 29th July 2009, 18:07   #16
BHPian

Congrats on your i10 AT purchase, my Magna AT is about turn 1 year in a week, works like a clockwork so far. touchwood!
PraveenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2009, 12:48   #17
BHPian

Hello guys,
Took delivery of the car yesterday evening. Did a quick pre-delivery check(not the comprehensive one which is there in tbhp). the guy at trident hyundai was nice and cordial. They had put all the freebies that they had promised. Though they did not agree for the High security number plate in lieu with the car cover & perfume.

The drive back to home was cool. There was a marked difference between this car and the TD car. Also encountered a traffic jam near mekhri circle and and for the first time was happy to be in a traffic jam. makes life so simpler. Also felt the handling was ok. so now getting a basic question of do i need to go for alloys and upsize of tyre(175/70R13). Need to resolve this question fast as i have to get the tyres changed before i run in 100 kms.
Guys, let me know your opinion on this asap.

Filled up the tank @ HP petrol bunk near kodigehalli junction on bellary road. he told me that they have nitrogen fill up also. so maybe next time i will fill the tyre with those.

Did the car puja also in the evening. So I guess it is all ready to be used after the customary custom.

But today was back to reality in good old Baleno.

i am just putting a teaser photos taken from my mobile.

More later....
Attached Thumbnails
Blushing Red i10 AT booked.-dsc00054.jpg  

Blushing Red i10 AT booked.-dsc00055.jpg  

Blushing Red i10 AT booked.-dsc00056.jpg  

madhukar_n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2009, 17:13   #18
BHPian

Update:
finally decided not to do anything on the tyre or alloy. anyway i have bridgestone on them and seems ok. for wifey driving it should be ok.
(money doing the talk here).
Old 31st July 2009, 18:10   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhukar_n View Post
Hello guys,
Took delivery of the car yesterday evening.
i am just putting a teaser photos taken from my mobile.
Congrats Madhukar on your Laal 10
nsbhagwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2009, 19:53   #20
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on buying the best city friendly hatch in the market. The i10 looks great in red and it would have been nice if you upgraded the rubber and the rims. Do post better pictures and update the thread with your ownership experience, the most interesting part being the FE
Dippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2009, 20:14   #21
Senior - BHPian

congrats for the i10! any plans on changing the foot wear?
also please post more pics

cheers
anekho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2009, 20:18   #22
BANNED

Congrats on your all new red i10.
its a wise decsion, Happy Driving.

VT
*VT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2009, 14:59   #23
Senior - BHPian

congrats on the car. AT no doubt will be very comfortable for you and your wife/parents. am sure they will love it. Plus the interiors of i10 are quite good.

I need not say about FE as it has been asked by several BHPians here and posted by you too. Am too waiting for those numbers.
tanwaramit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2009, 13:00   #24
BHPian

Arrow UPDATE: Mileage !!

Well here is the first update on the frequently asked - Mileage of a i10 Automatic.
For the first full tank of petrol it has given me about 8 per litre. I have again filled it up and will check again and update. i still have 1 and half month(or 800 kms) whichever comes first for the first service.

Lets wait and watch.
Old 12th August 2009, 18:55   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Well here is the first update on the frequently asked - Mileage of a i10 Automatic.
For the first full tank of petrol it has given me about 8 per litre. I have again filled it up and will check again and update. i still have 1 and half month(or 800 kms) whichever comes first for the first service.

Lets wait and watch.
Madhukar,
Do not make a full tank with i10, don't know for some reasons people are getting better FE with tank 3/4th filled. Its been 3 are four times with shell petrol for 1000Rs and i have been getting 230kms for every 1k fill up(AC rarely used.
csnanjappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2009, 14:18   #26
BHPian

The logic does not make sense.
But me try out anyway. if i get more mileage, heck with the logic ;-)
Old 13th August 2009, 16:32   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Lets wait and watch.
Madhukar -

Low mileage may be because of the following reasons -

1. Your usage seems to be very low. 20 km a day maybe. this means lot of starts and stops within 10 km. It is a known fact that if you frequently travel for short distances you loose on mileage

2. Car is new hence low mileage. As the car runs in for 3000 kms you may get better mileage

3. Inexperienced drivers - Maybe /maybe not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnanjappa View Post
Madhukar,
Do not make a full tank with i10, don't know for some reasons people are getting better FE with tank 3/4th filled. Its been 3 are four times with shell petrol for 1000Rs and i have been getting 230kms for every 1k fill up(AC rarely used.
This is Bovine excreta. It is proven fact that having fuel tank full of fuel reduces loses and hence gives higher fuel efficiency.
DieselFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2009, 16:40   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Another one !! I'm happy to see, atleast on Team BHP, that whether Fuel Efficiency or Fuel Inefficiency, A/T's like the i10 are finally finding favour with Indian buyers. See a lot of them running around on the roads as well.
FlyingSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2009, 17:05   #29
BHPian

Full tank to full tank method is one of the most reliable methods of gaging the FE period. Some people using the Auto cut –off method which is again not a accurate method as different makes of pump dispensers will have a different cutoff thresholds defined, hence the threshold for cut off will vary.
Averaging your FE over a period of time tends to give you a fair degree of accuracy.

Honestly speaking people using automatics should not worry much about FE as it is conventionally quite low compared to manuals.
tj123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2009, 21:05   #30
BHPian

@tj123 as flyingspur has mentioned.. not too worried about the less FE, but only interested in the "FE".
@flyingspur - yes even i see the "auto" in the i10.. actually it has become a habit for me now.. whenever i see a i10 i see the left side of the read to see if it is an auto.
@dieselfan - i agree ours is less than 20 kms per day and also driven both by a very experienced driver(dad) and very inexperienced driver(wife)