Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2009, 11:45   #1
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 356
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Blushing Red i10 AT booked.

So finally booked the only car i considered
It is the i10 Sportz AT - color blushing Red. It will be mainly driven by my wife/dad.
This is the deal i got
On Road Price - 5,28,000(with free insurance and 4K corporate bonus)
Along with this i am getting
1) Mud flap
2) Mat kit
3) Remote lock
4) Teflon
5) Sunfilm
6) Idol
7) Perfume and Body cover(I dont want this).. so planning to ask him for a "IND" registration number instead of both of them.

Is there anything pending ??
Also once i show the proof of transfer of registration of my old car(selling old and buying i10 deal) with 40 days i will be getting a Rs.15,000 cash back. Seemed a good deal.

Booked it in Trident Hyundai. Taking the loan in Axis Bank for 4 years(loan is only about 3.5L) @ 10.5%. I was impressed with the service and followup by the trident salesman.

Expected Delivery on Monday. I don't mind a few days here and there.
Will update this post once i take delivery and also the initial report. i guess the point of interest will be the FE :-)

More Later.
madhukar_n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2009, 11:59   #2
gpa
Senior - BHPian
 
gpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,772
Thanked: 273 Times
Default

Madhukar,

Congrats on your booking. I just drove a Hyundai i10 AT this morning and was very impressed with the seamless power delivery of the car with its auto box!

A small suggestion, do not go for the teflon coat, from my past experience it is simply not worth it. There is a whole thread dedicated to this and you can get further inputs there.

What you can do is go for an underbody rust preventive coating. Ask your dealer to swap the teflon for the underbody coating. It sure is worth it as additional protection and is a great sound deadner.

it makes sense to ask them to swap the perfume and body cover for the high security number plates. Push for it though, as the dealer might not be willing as the cost differential (perfume & body cover vis-a-vis number plates) are high.

Cheers,
gpa
gpa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2009, 12:02   #3
BHPian
 
Punzabi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: PB-08/Adelaide
Posts: 143
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

Congrats buddy. sounds like you struck a good deal. Wish you all the best so that the wait turns out the best results . Will look forward to read initial ownership experience and report (don't forget the pictures ).
Punzabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2009, 12:08   #4
BHPian
 
anilkalvani's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bandra West, Bombay
Posts: 628
Thanked: 77 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhukar_n View Post
So finally booked the only car i considered
It is the i10 Sportz AT - color blushing Red. It will be mainly driven by my wife/dad.
This is the deal i got
On Road Price - 5,28,000(with free insurance and 4K corporate bonus)
Along with this i am getting
1) Mud flap
2) Mat kit
3) Remote lock
4) Teflon
5) Sunfilm
6) Idol
7) Perfume and Body cover(I dont want this).. so planning to ask him for a "IND" registration number instead of both of them.

Is there anything pending ??
Also once i show the proof of transfer of registration of my old car(selling old and buying i10 deal) with 40 days i will be getting a Rs.15,000 cash back. Seemed a good deal.

Booked it in Trident Hyundai. Taking the loan in Axis Bank for 4 years(loan is only about 3.5L) @ 10.5%. I was impressed with the service and followup by the trident salesman.

Expected Delivery on Monday. I don't mind a few days here and there.
Will update this post once i take delivery and also the initial report. i guess the point of interest will be the FE :-)

More Later.
Congrats on your buy and welcome to the i10 A/T club. I have a Magna too. In the FOC bouquet, mention that you want a Nippon Remote Lock System "with ENGINE IMMOBILIZER". Be specific ok. Enjoy your ride and do post a few pics. I feel i got a sweet deal actually. I got totally 32,500 off the on-road price with free Remote Locking with Immobilizer, Mud Flaps, Teflon Coating & Underbody Coating.

Recommend you go for a Tyre Upgrade with Alloys. As per tyre guru iRaghava's advice i opted for 175/70 R13 Michelin XM1+ and 5J x 13" Alloy Rims. Tell your dealer that you want Bridgestone OEM tyres so that you can get best buy back price. Get the tyre changed on the same day, if you plan to upgrade. The ride & handling will improve drastically. We have Tejas, Jesal and a whole lot more who have the i10 A/T here on Team bhp.

Enjoy your ride!

Last edited by anilkalvani : 22nd July 2009 at 12:16.
anilkalvani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2009, 12:13   #5
Senior - BHPian
 
wildon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,405
Thanked: 1,040 Times
Default

Congrats Buddy on your booking, Through Which Trident you have booked? 10.5% is good , is that fixed or floating?
wildon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2009, 14:00   #6
BHPian
 
rohan_iitr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 992
Thanked: 401 Times
Default Inbuilt Engine Immobilizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
Congrats on your buy and welcome to the i10 A/T club. I have a Magna too. In the FOC bouquet, mention that you want a Nippon Remote Lock System "with ENGINE IMMOBILIZER". Be specific ok. Enjoy your ride and do post a few pics. I feel i got a sweet deal actually. I got totally 32,500 off the on-road price with free Remote Locking with Immobilizer, Mud Flaps, Teflon Coating & Underbody Coating.
Hyundai cars (produced after March 2009) are factory fitted with engine immobilizer. Thats why, I feel a basic remote lock system should be sufficient.

My i10 purchased in Jan 2009 does not have an inbuilt engine immobilizer. Thats why I got remote lock with immobilizer installed in it.

Just out of curiosity, can gear locks be installed in automatic transmission cars ?

Rohan,
Bangalore
rohan_iitr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2009, 14:34   #7
BHPian
 
pachchu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 139
Thanked: 37 Times
Default

Congratulations! Welcome to keep-your-wife-happy-with-Automatic club!

Which Trident? Hosur Road, Sankey Road or Indiranagar?

Can you name the salesperson if possible?
pachchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2009, 14:52   #8
BHPian
 
csnanjappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 272
Thanked: 49 Times
Default

Yea even i got my Sportz AT for same , I have not come written review yet on tbhp.
Teflon coating not sure about it , during my 1st service the service guy asked to get a Teflon coating , i was little bit reluctant and told him that will think over it next time.
Been advised by couple them to get under chassis coating, as GPA told it seems to be sound deadner too.
Last time i filled 19.74ltr worth shell petrol i drove around 245Kms , that is around 12.5kmpl.
csnanjappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2009, 15:42   #9
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 356
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachchu View Post
Congratulations! Welcome to keep-your-wife-happy-with-Automatic club!

Which Trident? Hosur Road, Sankey Road or Indiranagar?

Can you name the salesperson if possible?
Trident, Sankey Road.
Sales guy name is Krishna murthy. If you want his number, PM me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnanjappa View Post
Yea even i got my Sportz AT for same , I have not come written review yet on tbhp.
Teflon coating not sure about it , during my 1st service the service guy asked to get a Teflon coating , i was little bit reluctant and told him that will think over it next time.
Been advised by couple them to get under chassis coating, as GPA told it seems to be sound deadner too.
Last time i filled 19.74ltr worth shell petrol i drove around 245Kms , that is around 12.5kmpl.
I highly doubt if they are going to put the complete 3 coats of Teflon with the warranty thing. Mostly they might put 1 coat of Teflon and claim they will give Teflon coating as a freebie..
Under chasis coating.. i might get it done after 1 year. I highly doubt if any rust happens during the first year. Is the under chasis coating done by third party accessory shop or do we have to get it done from the dealer.
madhukar_n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2009, 21:33   #10
BHPian
 
cvvikram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: India
Posts: 144
Thanked: Once
Default

Congrats on your booking, welcome to the i10 AT Club.
cvvikram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2009, 23:28   #11
BHPian
 
sabsubs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 259
Thanked: 39 Times
Default

Hi madhukar

Congrats. Welcome to the world of i10. You would thoroughly enjoy the drive quality of i10. Post some pics.
sabsubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2009, 15:33   #12
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,746
Thanked: 7,953 Times
Default

Congrats and welcome to the i10 Club !!!
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2009, 14:06   #13
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 356
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Going to take delivery in a few hours. will update with some photos later. talked to a guy for the alloys and tyres. he quoted 14K for a set of 5 .. 13"...p&w and 6K more for the tyres 175/70r13(apollo or turanza)... i need to choose the design but still not decided whether to go for it or not.
will be back :-)
madhukar_n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2009, 14:58   #14
BHPian
 
ikoneer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: chennai
Posts: 486
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhukar_n View Post
Going to take delivery in a few hours.
will be back :-)
@madhukar, that's quite a deal you have got. enjoy your new car and do post the pics.

Somehow the deal seems too much for me, i mean, they are giving lots as freebies any particular reason for this. what could be the reason, is it the recession. Any idea whether other car co's provide such competitve deals
ikoneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2009, 15:19   #15
Senior - BHPian
 
prince_pervez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Redwood shores, CA, USA
Posts: 4,205
Thanked: 30 Times
Default

Congrats on the new purchase. Enjoy and drive safe. And yes, please post some pics.
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
All i10 & i20 owners, I need feedback EDIT - Booked i10 AT Asta Tejas@perioimpl Hatchbacks 89 12th October 2011 14:58
Bull + Kenwood - Rocks My Blushing BABY! MontyKING In-Car Entertainment 56 16th October 2010 13:24
First Car - Blushing Red i10 Magna 1.2 cuboid Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 19 30th March 2010 22:50
New AT in the Family - i10 Kappa Sportz Auto ( blushing red ) manishkapadia Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 3 27th January 2010 01:27
Budget ICE for Blushing Red i10-Gurus pls help MontyKING In-Car Entertainment 4 9th January 2009 18:02


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:13.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks