Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 27th July 2009, 15:29   #76
Senior - BHPian

I had already called up karlsson last time. they said they cannot do that stuff in chennai. they asked me to bring the car to bangaluru. Can you enquire with them and ask them whether they can do it for me in chennai????
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2009, 15:33   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
Sorry my fellow Linens ( i read this phrase in some other thread ..lol) , I am joining the Party Late.

Sunil - Congrats on your Lady in White !

Lovely car and Great work on the exteriors and interiors .

Welcome to the Gang !
Thanks fastlove! i was in the gang since april, but waiting at the doors!!
Sunilrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2009, 15:35   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
I had already called up karlsson last time. they said they cannot do that stuff in chennai. they asked me to bring the car to bangaluru. Can you enquire with them and ask them whether they can do it for me in chennai????
Geeash here is Mr. Sajith Unnis Number. Tell him that CA Sunil Gonsalves from mangalore gave you his number : 9845024245 . you and Karthik can both keep your vehicles on a weekend and he can depute his men to do the fitting there.

Karthik here are your Links:
Valve Caps - eBay India: FIAT Valve Caps DUST TYRE Grande Bravo Punto 500 RED (item 370208845967 end time 29-Jun-2009 16:39:12 IST)

RainX - eBay India: Rain X Rain Repellent Towel Easy Wipe On Formula NEW (item 230334407246 end time 29-Jul-2009 03:07:38 IST)

Fiat Logo Watch - eBay India: NEW HOT ITEMS! FIAT Logo Custom Stainless Steel Watch (item 250440824976 end time 16-Jun-2009 11:46:03 IST)

Fiat Logo Tissue Box Holder - FIAT Kyosho Soft Tissue Box Cover Holder Case:eBay Motors (item 180365355090 end time Jun-08-09 04:05:17 PDT)=

Fiat Door Sill Plates - eBay India: Fiat Linea Chrome Door Sill Protectors with Logo (item 260449142651 end time 18-Aug-2009 02:32:24 IST)

Last edited by Sunilrj : 27th July 2009 at 15:50. Reason: Forgot to Include Links
Old 27th July 2009, 16:30   #79
Senior - BHPian

Thanx Sunil.
I am in process of ordering things fom e-bay.
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2009, 16:49   #80
BHPian

sunil, gotta hand it to you man.
I always used to envy that there's so much modding stuff for GP/Linea abroad. Never knew getting such stuff to India was possible.

Here we got nothing, except for those crappy mudflaps.
neotraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2009, 16:55   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
sunil, gotta hand it to you man.
I always used to envy that there's so much modding stuff for GP/Linea abroad. Never knew getting such stuff to India was possible.

Here we got nothing, except for those crappy mudflaps.
Thanks Neo! you can get anything from international sites, as long as you have a valid credit card, a paypal account and the patience to wait..

below is a mail which i sent to Aashish @ Fiat with respect to accessories :

Dear Mr. Aashish,

While thanking you, for your immediate responses whenever fiat Linea / Punto users have had certain issues with their cars, and specially when i had the paint mismatch problem in my linea, i would like to obtain some information about the availibility of the Following:

1. Chrome sill / scuff / kick plates - Genuine Fiat Lineaccessori for fiat linea
2. rubber Floor Mats Genuine Fiat Accessory for Fiat Linea
3. Boot Liner / Boot protection Mat for Fiat Linea
4. Electric Air Freshner Genuine Fiat 500 Accessory to be used in Fiat Linea

i would like to purchase the same if the same are available with Fiat India, and if necessary am willing to send the payment in advance.

the rubber mats are an urgent requirement as during monsoons, the roads are slushy and all the dirt gets attached to the carpet mats which becomes difficult to clean and since no other rubber mat fits the footwell. the above mentioned accessories are available for display on the Fiat international sites including - Fiat Linea -

best regards
Sunil

and here is the reply i recieved:

Dear Mr Sunil,

The accessory items as seen by you on various foreign websites for Linea have not been introduced in India so far. Items available at dealership right now include – carpet mats in two types – black & grey, mud flaps, body covers – grey & silver, seat covers in leather & imitation leather (black & beige), etc.

We are in the process of enhancing the range but it’s likely to take time due to tedious local development process.

Regards,

Aashish Bhardwaj
Product Manager
FIAT INDIA AUTOMOBILES PVT LTD.
Corporate Park - II, 5th Floor, Sion Trombay Road,
Chembur, MUMBAI - 400 071.
Tel: +91-22-67293800, 67293836(D) Fax: +91-22-25226326

So until the accessories are developed its Jai Ho! to ebay.com and other international websites that sell Fiat Accessories!
Old 27th July 2009, 17:53   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
it doesnt get dirty. the light interior needs minimal cleaning...say once a month with a leather cleaning gel, unless you have the habbit of ferrying around construction workers in your car!
Very well written and photographed thread, and you have got a stunning beauty with all those pampering done on it . My co-brother is considering white Linea (Mumbai) and I am giving your thread link to him. He would go mad looking at your leather seats which is rare to find around. I am thinking of Karlson too (for my fiesta), though I was planning to do seats at a later stage. You will rock this place if you could also find sometime to write some travelogues with your beauty.

Enjoy the drive and get addicted to this forum too. Its a nice place to hang around !
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2009, 20:18   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Very well written and photographed thread, and you have got a stunning beauty with all those pampering done on it . My co-brother is considering white Linea (Mumbai) and I am giving your thread link to him. He would go mad looking at your leather seats which is rare to find around. I am thinking of Karlson too (for my fiesta), though I was planning to do seats at a later stage. You will rock this place if you could also find sometime to write some travelogues with your beauty.

Enjoy the drive and get addicted to this forum too. Its a nice place to hang around !
Hi shajufx. thanks for the compliments. Linea is a very good Car to own and very easy on the pocket to maintain. the leather seats are done to perfection as the CEO of Karlsson is a perfectionist and his employee Althaf who did my job is a double perfectionist more than his boss. i was amazed at the skill of althaf in dismantling the seat and refitting it without having any extra screws / nuts left over unlike the people from other seating companies who would be left with a few screws!

i would love to write travelogues provided i am able to leave this city which is right now marooned and is like an island with bad roads all round i.e NH48 and NH 17
Old 27th July 2009, 20:43   #84
Senior - BHPian

Praying that the place is back to normal soon. Looking at your signature, I find a pattern of Maruti, Tata, Maruti, Opel, Ford, Maruti, Maruti and Fiat which makes you a perfect person to ask opinions about many things in respective areas. I have lot of friends who stick to Maruti for over 20 years even after 2 or more upgrades. My school mate started with an M800, upgraded to esteem, then to SX4.

Waiting for the monsoons to settle and many travelogues to flow from your side !
Old 27th July 2009, 21:31   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
Sorry my fellow Linens ( i read this phrase in some other thread ..lol)
I had something different in mind. I have read various terminologies like LUG (Linea Users Group) or PUG (Punto Users Group). Amongst all users of Fiat vehicles, I have found one trait running commonly, the willingness to chart the uncharted. So i thought of a new name for Fiat users; FIATers (may be pronounced as fighters, because i think thats one personality trait common amongst all FIATers).

If someone doesn't like it, please say so, sans sarcasm. If you like it, many thanks.
NutsNBolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2009, 21:32   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Praying that the place is back to normal soon. Looking at your signature, I find a pattern of Maruti, Tata, Maruti, Opel, Ford, Maruti, Maruti and Fiat which makes you a perfect person to ask opinions about many things in respective areas. I have lot of friends who stick to Maruti for over 20 years even after 2 or more upgrades. My school mate started with an M800, upgraded to esteem, then to SX4.

Waiting for the monsoons to settle and many travelogues to flow from your side !

Shaju, the signature section allows just about 280 characters so have left out a few vehicles in between namely the scorpio 2002 and the ambasador 2004. maruti vehicles have been good, decent service and maintenance except that the Maruti Trademark exterior Problems used to give me nightmares. i remember a child of about 5 years tapping on my bonnet and the bonnet had got a dent

Opel was a nightmare with the ever high spare costs. the lighting inside the power window switches went dead and i was told i had to replace the entire assembly at a cost of 7500/- i also got a quote for replacement of cluth plate, pressure plate and release bearing for.... hold your breath 37500/- from the GMASS

ikon had its own woes with a pathetic service centre which couldnt locate a flooding footwell problem within 1000 Kms of ownership. they messed up the windshield beading with fevi quick werent able to stop the leak until i threatened them with dire consequences after which their regional head came down and left scratching his head as he too couldnt identify.

finally it was a roadside mechanic who spotted a missing rubber gromat beneath the wiper assembly and put the Authorised repair guys to shame!

the Good ole Amby was with me for just 4 months as i found it too hard to brake and stop. scorpio continues giving me nightmares as it decides on its own when to stop no matter how hard you stomp the pedal. have missed a few crashes due to gods providence as braking is a pain in 2002 model scorpios with the miniscule brake boosters

Fiat till date has held a lot of promise and infact inspite of the negative hype regarding customer service and after sales service, whenever the TASS was about to throw in the towel and give up, the people at the helm of affairs at ranjangaon have gone out lock, stock and barrel to solve the issue. hope this same level of customer response continues in the days to come. like its said, the under dogs (FIAT) would go all out to win, but the leaders (Maruti, Ford ) sometimes are complacent!

Last edited by Sunilrj : 27th July 2009 at 21:35. Reason: spelling errors
Old 27th July 2009, 21:47   #87
BHPian

here is the pic of the high pressure water washer that i purchased to wash the car. it ensures that you never need to visit a service station again!

features and tech Specs:

Features
Powerful Induction Motor for high performance.

Provided with 8m Delivery hose and Hi-Pressure Spray Gun with Safety Lock.

Total Stop System (TSS) for minimum power and water consumption and longer service life of the pump.

Compact & Highly Portable machine with integral wheels.

Provided with a Detachable Detergent Bottle.

Quick Start Mechanism.

Optional Accessories such as Hose Winder, Rotary Brush, Turbo Lance, HPC/Tap Connector etc..

Specifications
Model No. : HYM-VA-70
Working pressure : 7MPa (70bar)
Max. pressure : 14MPa(140bar)
Working flow rate : 6 l/min
Max. pressure water supply : 0.4MPa(4bar)
Motor Capacity : 1.20kw
Power Supply Voltage : 230V~50Hz
Max Water Temperature : 50˚C
Weight : 15kgs
Box Dimensions : 84x 35 x 33 cm
Attached Images

Old 27th July 2009, 21:56   #88
Senior - BHPian

I had considered Linea as part of my short listing process which started in the month of May 2009. I started driving only in 2006 as a family requirement. Pre-2006 period was blessed with drivers or cabs whenever required (Oman). Bangalore I found it too difficult to get a rick or a cab when there is an immediate need (like rushing to the hospital/clinic, going to church on weekends, usual family shopping etc.) and you know the bangalore rick guys, they ask Rs.30 to 50 extra for any destination even middle of the day ! They dont even accept a trip to many places within the city too.

It got to my nerves and I couldnt take it anymore. Thats how I started driving. So Linea felt too big for my limited driving experience. Verna and Fiesta somehow felt small while I was testing it. So, atlast I went with my reasoning and finalised fiesta. I still feel lack of confidence if I sit on the driver's seat of my cousine's innova or my sister's 7 series. May be after getting used to the fiesta for a while, I might be gathering enough confidence to try them all. The funny part is, both of them think I never asked for their car keys because I am not crazy about cars, in fact its lack of confidence that is connected to the size !
Old 27th July 2009, 22:31   #89
BHPian

yes shaju, sometimes you do tend to get nervous with big cars

i am particularly wary and paranoid about any biker / autowallah coming too close to my car. i'd rather let them pass if theyre in a hurry and leave their mark on someone else's vehicle or some bus, than mine. so with me its more of a sedate driving without being in any hurry to reach my destination. i'd rather reach late than end up with some dents
Old 27th July 2009, 23:01   #90
BHPian

been scanning all the online sellers for a good set of Linea rubber mats. most of the Linea rubber mats on Ebay are for LHD vehicles. managed to source out a supplier in Turkey and another in slovenia who manufacture Rubber mats for RHD Linea, but they do not have shipping facility to India!

the search for mats is necessiated on account of the fact that most of the after market mats do not fit the contours of the linea footwell!

mats are somewhat like this
Attached Images