Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 28th July 2009, 10:05   #91
Senior - BHPian

The valve caps says it is for
Quote:
Grande Bravo Punto 500
Does it hold good for linea too?.

By the by you seem yo have a lots of money for the car

How much did that pressure washer cost you.?
I have been looking for a bosch aquatak 100plus.

Sorry me!!. I am still looking for finance. Looks like i have to loan a 100k
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2009, 10:10   #92
Senior - BHPian

By showing all this Linea accessories from e-bay, you are bringing positive pressure on all linea owners to buy them. Linea owners would call FIAT, the product manger would be flooded with calls for all sort of accessories. and eventually forced to introduce some in India as well.

good work, keep it up
StarVegabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2009, 10:12   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
The valve caps says it is for

Does it hold good for linea too?.

By the by you seem yo have a lots of money for the car

How much did that pressure washer cost you.?
I have been looking for a bosch aquatak 100plus.

Sorry me!!. I am still looking for finance. Looks like i have to loan a 100k

yes Geeash. valve caps are the same for all cars. well i do turn up with money everytime i need to do something with the car

the pressure washer costs about 5900/-. 100K ?? not necessary. all this can be done inside 40K or so
Sunilrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2009, 10:15   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
By showing all this Linea accessories from e-bay, you are bringing positive pressure on all linea owners to buy them. Linea owners would call FIAT, the product manger would be flooded with calls for all sort of accessories. and eventually forced to introduce some in India as well.

good work, keep it up
Hi star! yes who doesnt want to make their car unique and different from the rest ? well the people at Ranjangaon are already on the course of development of these accessories for the Indian market as importing them entails heavy duties putting them out of reach of the buyer. i am reposting the mail i recieved from Aashish @ FIAPL regarding accessories which i have posted here on page 6

Dear Mr Sunil,

The accessory items as seen by you on various foreign websites for Linea have not been introduced in India so far. Items available at dealership right now include – carpet mats in two types – black & grey, mud flaps, body covers – grey & silver, seat covers in leather & imitation leather (black & beige), etc.

We are in the process of enhancing the range but it’s likely to take time due to tedious local development process.

Regards,

Aashish Bhardwaj
Product Manager
FIAT INDIA AUTOMOBILES PVT LTD.
Corporate Park - II, 5th Floor, Sion Trombay Road,
Chembur, MUMBAI - 400 071.
Tel: +91-22-67293800, 67293836(D) Fax: +91-22-25226326

Last edited by Sunilrj : 28th July 2009 at 10:17.
Old 28th July 2009, 20:36   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
Geeash!! Thanks for the Compliment...It cost me 23k + 12.5% VAT + 3000 Travel and Transport Charges for the installer to come to my doorstep to do the fitting.
had a PM asking me the breakup of the costs: so here it is:
1. seats 23K + 12.5% VAT
2. door trims + gear and Handbrake Boot - 2K + 12.5 % VAT
3. Installation, Travel and Transport - 3K
4. Tips to the Installer for his excellent work - 1.5K this serves as an encouragement to him when someone appreciates his work
Old 28th July 2009, 20:45   #96
BHPian

I have a few questions...Can one upgrade the stock headlight bulbs for more powerful ones? If so what does this entail? what are the various options and brands available?AM so used to the 90/100 on my wagon r for the last 7 years and would like the same levels of brightness for the Linea as the current ones are not that great for the highway.
pranava999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2009, 20:58   #97
Senior - BHPian

Nope Pranava,

you are wrong.there is no necessity for higher voltage bulbs.
Linea's Headlight has best throw.
Please check your headlight alignment.
I too used 90/100 in my WagonR.
But the power of linea's stock light is very bright and it's very pretty while doing trip to my native rural areas.
using the highbeam with fog lamps on,you can go any where in the world.sounds exaggerated but that's the truth.
aks_karthik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2009, 21:01   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post
I have a few questions...Can one upgrade the stock headlight bulbs for more powerful ones? If so what does this entail? what are the various options and brands available?AM so used to the 90/100 on my wagon r for the last 7 years and would like the same levels of brightness for the Linea as the current ones are not that great for the highway.
i had addressed this query asking if i could fit 100 W H1 and 80W H7 bulbs to the engineers @FIAPL and here is the reply that i got:

Dear Mr Sunil,

We would not really recommend any replacement of headlamp bulbs with aftermarket fitments, the bulbs suggested by doesn’t seems to be compatible with the other elements in headlamp assembly.

Regards,

Aashish Bhardwaj
Product Manager
FIAT INDIA AUTOMOBILES PVT LTD.
Corporate Park - II, 5th Floor, Sion Trombay Road,
Chembur, MUMBAI - 400 071.
Tel: +91-22-67293800, 67293836(D) Fax: +91-22-25226326

even if These bulbs are fitted they would require an additional relay to handle the load. however IMHO i have observed that usage of Low beam + Fogs gives better lighting as the Lighting from the fogs begins at the point where the Light spread of the Low beam ends. at the msot you could go in for H1 55W Osram Nightbreakers. however the light is whitish compared to the OE yellow Colour. further the OE bulbs are Osram made in germany!

Last edited by Sunilrj : 28th July 2009 at 21:03.
Old 29th July 2009, 12:22   #99
BHPian

Default Door Sill Protectors / Kick Plates

The Door Sill Protectors arrived from germany today. the product is of a very high quality stainless steel and looks elegant. had purchased the item on 21st July and recieved the item within 8 days!! way to go Ebay!!!
Old 29th July 2009, 12:45   #100
BANNED

sunil, wow man you are going full on dressing your italian beauty to fullest and giving her best time out, keep updating and enjoy her.
vijaythacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2009, 12:47   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
sunil, wow man you are going full on dressing your italian beauty to fullest and giving her best time out, keep updating and enjoy her.
Thanks Vijay! the stainless steel kickplates are so good that the After market ones available in India pale out in front of them. these plates feel solid!
Old 29th July 2009, 12:48   #102
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
Thanks Vijay! the stainless steel kickplates are so good that the After market ones available in India pale out in front of them. these plates feel solid!
can we have a pic of that Ss plate?
vijaythacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2009, 13:03   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
can we have a pic of that Ss plate?

The SS plate Pic has already been posted with the pics of other accessories. once the SS plate gets installed on my Linea i will post the 'post installation' pics. this may not happen today as it is pouring sheets of water today!
Old 29th July 2009, 14:40   #104
Senior - BHPian

@sunil... have you managed to get the pics of the Linea crash that you were talking about.
extreme_torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2009, 14:49   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
@sunil... have you managed to get the pics of the Linea crash that you were talking about.
awaiting the permission of the owner of the car to post the pics. he doesnt want to be honoured with the "terminator" title i guess