Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2009, 10:08   #31
Senior - BHPian
 
neoonwheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,652
Thanked: 599 Times
Default

The car looks good. Congrats !! BTW The Linea is now available in this grey color and guys its a drool material already !!
neoonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2009, 10:13   #32
Senior - BHPian
 
aks_karthik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,863
Thanked: 215 Times
Default

Hey Many congrats.

One of the best looking color in punto.
I too saw a Same color punto dynamic MJD in my office premises.
If i would have currency,i have booked that car as my second car(To the world-For my beloved wife)
Now planning to do some extra work to earn money.once get enough amount,A punto will be in my garage.

Enjoy and Ride safely.
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2009, 14:35   #33
Senior - BHPian
 
Ramsagar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bangalore-Nellore
Posts: 1,328
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

The car looks great in Black & little dull in Grey color.
Anyways enjoy ur ride.
Ramsagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2009, 20:46   #34
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Delhi
Posts: 90
Thanked: 85 Times
Default

Update--

As observed by my driver and in his words,""kahin kahin plastic bahut halka aur ghatiya de rakha hai""
Do i need to translate? i think not. Mark "kahin,kahin","sab jagah nahin".

The steering is the best thing about the whole of the car[for me,subjective opnion],the feedback and accuracy is unmatched,but to a common buyer that won't matter.
The rear parcel tray locks are something that the quality assurance people at the fiat plant need to pay more attention to.In short the locks are quite flimsy and of substandard quality.
Rear view visibility is quite poor. Its a pain in the neck,not the ***,that is covered by the sporty front seats. The tuning radius is similar to a bolero.

Any suggestions on sun films?what type? what make?And where in Delhi if anyone knows.
I am used to the 400 rupee ones ,but i want to install some good quality films this time around.

Overall the car's coming along nicely.
smilenow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2009, 21:22   #35
BHPian
 
Sunilrj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 764
Thanked: 536 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilenow View Post
Update--

Any suggestions on sun films?what type? what make?And where in Delhi if anyone knows.
I am used to the 400 rupee ones ,but i want to install some good quality films this time around.
Good sun control is from 3M RE 35 considering that the delhi police penalises dark tints. the last time i was there in delhi in 2007 this rule was in force. else you can go in for the premium Huper Optik Films with 99% heatblockage even at 50% visibility. sadly i couldnt install the film on my car as they werent available with anyone locally
Sunilrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2009, 00:47   #36
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: delhi
Posts: 707
Thanked: 89 Times
Default

Congratulations, was at the dealership a fewdays back and they told me you'd got your car.
The thud sound is due to abs I'm told and is common to all lineas and puntos.
Haven't heard it in other abs vehicles though.
Rear parcel tray locks are ok in mycase, the seats though(front) are creaking. Highly irritating.
sukrit7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2009, 08:37   #37
Senior - BHPian
 
geeash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,513
Thanked: 129 Times
Default

Quote:
Any suggestions on sun films?what type? what make?
I have got a comparison of sunfilms in a xml file posted in my fiat flamenco red linea thread in 3 rd page i think you can have a look for getting the right perspective.
are you going to install front windscreen sun film too?
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2009, 09:05   #38
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: back in gods own country :)
Posts: 118
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Do be aware that certain films will block cell phone reception also. if you need to be using cell while inside car then its better not to go with such films
Thomas8700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2009, 09:29   #39
Senior - BHPian
 
comfortablynumb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,296
Thanked: 897 Times
Default

First of all, many Congratulations on choosing and getting a fine automobile!

I've heard that Delhi summers are really intense. If that's the case, I'd suggest go for a good transparent film like V-Kool 70 for the front windshield and for the other glasses you can fix a basic 3M or Lumar. The upfront cost will be high (about 13-14k tops), but it will reduce your AC usage substantially. Also, please wait till the rains are over before you do the filming.

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 29th July 2009 at 09:30. Reason: Fixed typo
comfortablynumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2009, 15:01   #40
Senior - BHPian
 
harry10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Faridabad/Delhi
Posts: 2,226
Thanked: 578 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
I have got a comparison of sunfilms in a xml file posted in my fiat flamenco red linea thread in 3 rd page i think you can have a look for getting the right perspective.
are you going to install front windscreen sun film too?
Can you give me the link as am not able to find it.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas8700 View Post
Do be aware that certain films will block cell phone reception also. if you need to be using cell while inside car then its better not to go with such films
This is a first for me. Well i learn many new things on t-bhp everyday so one more today
Kindly Elaborate more on this.
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2009, 15:32   #41
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: back in gods own country :)
Posts: 118
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

@harry

did a forum search here is what that popped up.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...n-sunfilm.html (Front windscreen sunfilm?)

you can do a wiki search too. since its already mentioned in forum no need to mention wiki stuff
Thomas8700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2009, 17:48   #42
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 739
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Even i heard somewhere that metallized films block phone-reception.
3M RE series is metallized.

I took risk and put RE35, but no issues with cell reception
neotraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2009, 21:05   #43
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Delhi
Posts: 90
Thanked: 85 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
Good sun control is from 3M RE 35 considering that the delhi police penalises dark tints. the last time i was there in delhi in 2007 this rule was in force. else you can go in for the premium Huper Optik Films with 99% heatblockage even at 50% visibility. sadly i couldnt install the film on my car as they werent available with anyone locally
The cops are really really strict these days,they rip off films that are a even a percent lower than the 70 percent mark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
Congratulations, was at the dealership a fewdays back and they told me you'd got your car.
The thud sound is due to abs I'm told and is common to all lineas and puntos.
Haven't heard it in other abs vehicles though.
Rear parcel tray locks are ok in mycase, the seats though(front) are creaking. Highly irritating.
Thanks man,they alloted me someone else's car,i haven't heard the thud in any other car with abs as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
I have got a comparison of sunfilms in a xml file posted in my fiat flamenco red linea thread in 3 rd page i think you can have a look for getting the right perspective.
are you going to install front windscreen sun film too?
Thank you so much for that comparison,got the file from your thread.
Yep,i am going to install the front windscreen film too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas8700 View Post
Do be aware that certain films will block cell phone reception also. if you need to be using cell while inside car then its better not to go with such films
Really?,*scratches head*,thats a first.
thanks for letting me know,will keep it in mind during the purchase decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
First of all, many Congratulations on choosing and getting a fine automobile!

I've heard that Delhi summers are really intense. If that's the case, I'd suggest go for a good transparent film like V-Kool 70 for the front windshield and for the other glasses you can fix a basic 3M or Lumar. The upfront cost will be high (about 13-14k tops), but it will reduce your AC usage substantially. Also, please wait till the rains are over before you do the filming.

Cheers,
Vikram
Thank you,yep,waiting for the rains to subside to get the films installed.
...................................

Update @500kms,

Got a gift from a rikshaw-wallah. Grease on the front left bumper,scratches and the bumper just came out a little from the socket.

The car is giving an average of around 12 kmpl in the city,and i am not revving it hard. In fact,i haven't ever gone above 2.5 rpm,so don't know the reason behind this figure. Maybe this is the reason itself.
Any tips on getting this figure up??

As a first time diesel owner,torque is so much fun!!I am just adjusting my driving style to less downshifting.

More updates in just a bit.
smilenow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2009, 20:27   #44
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Delhi
Posts: 90
Thanked: 85 Times
Default

Update@1000 Kms

I'll make it as concise as possible.

1st gear-- useless.
2nd gear -- useless.
3rd gear -- hehehehehehe.
4th gear -- more hehehehehe.
5th gear -- just when you thought your jaw will misalign with the hehehehehe,well there is a sound from the car,and it goes,"my son,this may look like a maserati,but it isn't,so just cut it,buy a abarth."

Neela aur main a.k.a blue and me,floors everyone,it works flawlessly for me,and everyone has different names for the lady,for example mona and lalita[uggghhhhh....],No-ones interested in the car after this system activates.
All i get is "can i pair my phone?".....answer-"no."

"Average kya hai?",after being 'interviewed' seven or eight times on the road, well signori,i am getting about 12 kmpl with an average speed of 19km/hours on the trip computer."yeh delhi hai mere yaar,bus traffic hi traffic mere dildaar......."

The steering,for anyone who loves driving,the feedback of this steering can't be beat. Nope,no competition at all. Best steering,best suspension setup,this side of 10lacs.

Niggling issues?
None,so far,hopefully it remains that way.

Sales Age- Rama motors Okhla states,about 65-70 punto's being sold a month,and linea sales are getting cannibalized due to this car.80% Mjd's.

There's a guy called pete,and he is coming soon to stay over,i suggested the engine bay is quite a nice place,and the guy by the way is a box.

And come on smile now.

Last edited by smilenow : 4th August 2009 at 20:43.
smilenow is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2009, 21:00   #45
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 89
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
There's a guy called pete,and he is coming soon to stay over,i suggested the engine bay is quite a nice place,and the guy by the way is a box.
So is the Petes box for Punto already available?
sbhasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Modified Indian bikes - Post your pics here and ONLY here Rtech Motorbikes 934 1st December 2017 23:14
The BOLD, Red and Beautiful is here. (Punto MJD) parimal_g Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 48 23rd May 2017 18:31
Hola! I am new around here and here's about me... locusjag Introduce yourself 5 13th January 2015 18:34
Grande Punto Facelift: From baby Maserati to Punto Evo EDIT: Punto 'My Life' on pg.7 sushanthr77 The International Automotive Scene 167 25th November 2011 12:02
Worth waiting for Fabia/Punto/Linea/Renault Sandero? EDIT - Bought Punto ~~VinZ~~ Hatchbacks 25 7th April 2010 16:06


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:02.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks