Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 30th July 2009, 17:21   #46
Senior - BHPian

Nice writup! Congrats on the car. Do try and make it for the drives if you can.
binz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2009, 21:38   #47

@crazydiablo: I am researching on the suspensions. There is quite a bit of material I need to understand. My study time begins

@jp2u: Waiting for some significant change of look to post pics because all of you have seen Riju's car. I would like you all to see my car now.

@WhiteKnight: Sam works for me. For my Baleno you still need to come up with some options at least Have put my thinking cap on.

@sbhijit 2284: True. There is something about the Baleno. Despite telling myself I wont look at another Baleno, I had to eat my own words. That is the attraction I had for the Baleno.

@D3NZ1L: Striving Striving...

@aks_karthik: I will be able to make an estimate on FE only when I drive the car for a month without my hubby pouncing on my car even once. Our driving styles are different and I am yet to make an effective study on it.

Thanks JVH.

@black12rr: Thankoo Thankoo. If you see me anytime, wave a quick Hi

@Fordmanchau: I could not help writing the looong story. I had to trim many places. Coming to my hubby, its a different story. We playfully pull one another's leg about who will eat dirt if we compete against each other. I am going to do up my car without telling him and then one day. Vroom and I ll zoom past him while he can see stars. That will be the day I ll go nuts I think.

@Jaggu: Thanks Jaggu for merging those posts too. I am going to read up on suspensions for starters. Back to being the sponge.

@d3mon: I think more women are driving and getting better and better. I hope that misconception of generalizing vanishes soon. Coming to my hubby again, I am going to be a quiet brat(an idea a very close friend planted in my head). I even replied to Forfmanchau about this.

@Gilead: I am glad you liked it. My fingers seemed to have a mind of their own. They didn't stop till they were ready to fall off my hand.

@Ramsagar: Yup..Sponging on reading material. Wont touch my baby till its clear in my head. Thank you.

@Samurai: Thanks Samurai. I am glad Riju gave me the snaps. Didn't the new owner steal the images from you ?

@desigNation: Checked out your garage. Nicely maintained car. I love the front grill. Gives a nice mean look.

@abhijeetsng: Thank you so much for all the nice things you said. Vroom Vroom

Last edited by SowmyaHariharan : 30th July 2009 at 21:55. Reason: spell check
SowmyaHariharan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2009, 21:50   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz View Post
Nice writup! Congrats on the car. Do try and make it for the drives if you can.
What are these drives ?
Old 30th July 2009, 21:59   #49
Team-BHP Support

Wow so your the lucky one he decided to sell his car to.

Congratulations on the immaculately maintained car and take good care of her.

Riju's car was one of the compelling reasons for me to get a Free Flow exhaust.

Congrats once again.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2009, 22:21   #50
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Sowmya, first and foremost congratulations on the wonderful buy. Welcome to the BBC (Bangalore Baleno Club).

Riju's car and mine go back a long way. We run the same grills and also our registration numbers are nearly the same. Mine is 5107 while yours is 5197. The rest of it is the same. Its very heartening to see Riju's car go into such passionate hands.

Guys, let her enjoy the car as is for a while. All the talk about ECU and suspension can be done after a few months?
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2009, 22:32   #51
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
I have an extra set of stickers which I picked up to be handed over to the car's new owner. Apparently forgot to hand it over.
You forgot the Team-BHP stickers! Sacrilege!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SowmyaHariharan View Post
I have used the TBHP stickers on the number plates(front and back) respectively.

Quote:
Inside my car, I have one just above the Glove Box. I know its a strange place, but I love looking at it. This is the big black 'Got BHP' sticker.
You mean like this?

GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2009, 00:15   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
@Samurai: Thanks Samurai. I am glad Riju gave me the snaps. Didn't the new owner steal the images from you ?
Well, he is a decent guy. Besides, the images are too well-known in the forum at least to the old timers. Do check my BHP garage for it.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2009, 00:20   #53
Senior - BHPian

Nice car, good buy. Lucky you, Riju, being able to sell your car to an enthusiast. Sowmya, welcome to the BBC, from one of the founders! :P

Quote:
There is something about the Baleno. Despite telling myself I wont look at another Baleno
Very true. Take it from a former owner, this is probably one of, if not the best all-round car ever sold in India.

I don't think you're going to need a major suspension upgrade unless you plan some heavy-duty track driving or a lot of highway + hilly area driving. The stock stuff is pretty good, and saw me through a lot.
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2009, 01:12   #54
BHPian

Congrats on the Purchase Sowmya, Baleno is a very good choice
Its a BEAST of the BEASTs
Even i have seen Riju's car and its maintained pretty Well
- Drive Safe
Bhargava_sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2009, 01:35   #55
BHPian

Congrats, Sowmya. Wish you many happy miles in it!
Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2009, 02:16   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Baleno is a special car, even two years after selling mine, I still miss the free revving nature of that car.
+1 to that. I regret selling my Baleno too, but I had no other option when I came to USA on a long term project. But I get regular updates from the new owner who is in Bangalore and takes great care of the car. I have also asked him to become a member of this forum.
BlackPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2009, 08:33   #57

@vid6639: Thank you. Will take care of her.

@mclaren1885: Aah Yours is the white Baleno with the white mags, same grill. That snap where both cars face one another was beautifully taken by Riju. You have a great looking car.

@GTO: Yes Yes thats the exact same way I have put up my sticker

@Samurai: Checked your garage. Commented on the Jeep. Very well taken pics. I liked the fourth and fifth snap of your Baleno very much. Its like they were speaking to the camera.

@v1p3r: BBC is nice Thank you

THanks Bhargava_sr, Jeep
Old 31st July 2009, 09:26   #58
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
@vid6639: Thank you. Will take care of her.

@mclaren1885: Aah Yours is the white Baleno with the white mags, same grill. That snap where both cars face one another was beautifully taken by Riju. You have a great looking car.
lol. No that's Riju's friend's car. Belongs to Malik who isn't on the forum. Rahul's is the same colour as your car.

I think v1p3r has just given you a good idea. You need to take the car on track.
Old 31st July 2009, 09:37   #59
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Sowmya, the white car is Malik's. Mine is a pearl silver Baleno. Check my garage for pics. Infact, it was after I got the grill made for my car that Riju placed an order for the same grill for his car.

@ Viddy: Calm down boy! How about getting your car on track first ? Sheesshhh! All you guys jumping out with suggestions like ECU, suspension, track .
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2009, 09:56   #60
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
@ Viddy: Calm down boy! How about getting your car on track first ? Sheesshhh! All you guys jumping out with suggestions like ECU, suspension, track .

It is easier to talk the walk than walk the talk.

Both my cars are not that great on track. The Lancer's 10years old and the Alto runs on high performance MRF ZVTS.

Next track day I shall definitely get the alto, need to change the tyres soon and no better excuse than track.

ps: akshay was the one who said track first...lol.